12 truths

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So you're telling us you're a brunette who dyes her hair blonde? ;)

PS I like your post

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not exactly truths.

EXAMPLES:
1. The past cannot be changed - TRUTH (because it is in the past).
2. Opinions don't define reality - PART TRUTH (an opinion can be based on fiction or reality, they aren't used to define anything as they are an opinion not a fact).
3. Everyones journey is different - PART TRUTH (if identical journies were taken at identical times they would be near identical except for the placement of the person being unable to be in the exact same position as another).
4. Things will get better with time - FALSE (if you have terminal cancer things aren't getting better with time).
5. Positive thoughts create positive things - FALSE (a positive thought could be "I will win lotto", but that won't always happen).
6. What goes around comes around - FALSE (not remotely close to the case most of the time).
7. You fail only if you quit - FALSE (things can fail because they fail, not because someone quits).
8. Judgements are a confession of character - FALSE (judgements handed down by the courts aren't a confession of character, they are a conviction of criminal actions).
9. Over thinking will lead to sadness - FALSE (you can overthink about something that will result in you being happy, like buying a new home or car or boat).
10. Kindness is free - TRUTH (however kindness can also cost money).
11. Smiles are contagious - FALSE (if two people experience the same funny scenario they may share laughter and a smile.... if smiles were contagious someone could fart and smile, and everyone in the area would suddenly smile for no seemingly reason).
12. Happiness is found within - PART TRUTH (a certain amount of happiness is found in your inner being, but a lot is made up of your lifestyle, financials, etc etc).

So it's more like 3 1/2 truths.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not exactly truths.

EXAMPLES:
2. Opinions don't define reality - PART TRUTH (an opinion can be based on fiction or reality, they aren't used to define anything as they are an opinion not a fact).
3. Everyones journey is different - PART TRUTH (if identical journies were taken at identical times they would be near identical except for the placement of the person being unable to be in the exact same position as another).
4. Things will get better with time - FALSE (if you have terminal cancer things aren't getting better with time).
5. Positive thoughts create positive things - FALSE (a positive thought could be "I will win lotto", but that won't always happen).
6. What goes around comes around - FALSE (not remotely close to the case most of the time).
7. You fail only if you quit - FALSE (things can fail because they fail, not because someone quits).
8. Judgements are a confession of character - FALSE (judgements handed down by the courts aren't a confession of character, they are a conviction of criminal actions).
9. Over thinking will lead to sadness - FALSE (you can overthink about something that will result in you being happy, like buying a new home or car or boat).
11. Smiles are contagious - FALSE (if two people experience the same funny scenario they may share laughter and a smile.... if smiles were contagious someone could fart and smile, and everyone in the area would suddenly smile for no seemingly reason).
12. Happiness is found within - PART TRUTH (a certain amount of happiness is found in your inner being, but a lot is made up of your lifestyle, financials, etc etc).

Wow bro.

I'm off to look for rope to go hang myself now....

Fkn lol just taking the piss you technical bastard

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow bro.

I'm off to look for rope to go hang myself now....

Fkn lol just taking the piss you technical bastard
*takes a bow*

What can I say.. I'm rather analytical with things..

I guess you could say my post was 1 truth :D

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Overthinking leads to sadness. Not saying I disagree with the others (at least in a general sense), but that one particularly resonates. There’s a really interesting novella by Dostoyevsky called Notes from Underground.... it’s based pretty much on that premise. It’s basically about a man who becomes embittered because he keeps seeing people he doesn’t think of as thinkers doing and achieving things, gaining status, prestige and power while his own tendency to overthink inhibits his capacity to act and to gain his own status and respect. It’s basically based on the premise that thinkers think while doers do. I think it’s basically saying the world night be a better place if thinkers thought a bit less and doers thought a bit more...but it is pretty cynical, bleak and hopeless on its expression of that idea. The anti hero of the story is such a miserable, unpleasant person.... but he isn’t wrong from a philosophical point of view.

Or as the great Tool song says “Overthinking, over analysing separates the body from the mind.”

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. 'cause your friends don't dance and if you don't dance then you're no friend of mine.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. 'cause your friends don't dance and if you don't dance then you're no friend of mine.
When a problem comes along, you must whip it... before the cream sits out too long, you must whip it....when something’s going wrong, you must whip it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Everybody look at your pants!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not exactly truths.

EXAMPLES:

Couldn't have thought of a better example for no11. Lol