Status
Not open for further replies.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Atlanta-based R&B quartet 112 is now short one member, due to Daron Jones'recent departure from the group. The foursome have released five albums since their discovery by Sean "Diddy" Combs outside of Atlanta's popular night club 112, in 1995. MTV.com has said that the future of the group is now in jeopardy and calls to the group's label, Def Soul, weren't returned at press time.

Jones, who is also the group's in-house producer, has been keeping busy by producing hits for Keyshia Cole, Usher, Kelly Price, and Sammie.

Prior to the announcement of Jones'departure, group member Slim explained that the foursome doesn't always agree on everything. He said: "You know, creatively, we've changed in a lot of ways, and a lot of times we get together and don't agree and want to say different things but I mean the consensus is to just vote on it and just roll. For the most part, the dynamic of the group in terms of the way we get along is pretty much the same."

Slim added: "We grew up together -- grew up in the same neighborhood. We went to the same schools and, like, for the most part, we really respect each other even though we're four individuals. I mean, but when we come together, we're definitely a group, and we pretty much know that we need each other. It's not about the money because we love music. We're true musicians and, you know, we could be singing in front of 50,000 people or we can be singing on the corner, but as long as one person is happy and we got our point across, we're happy."

112's last release was 2005's Pleasure and Pain. The project continued a downward sales spiral for the group which began with 2003's Hot & Wet.

The group's 1996 self-titled debut, 1998's Room 112, and 2001's Part III, were all certified double platinum for sales of two million copies each.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yup ever since they stopped producing true rnb the sales and the quality of tracks have gone way down.

The self titled album in 1996 was so unique and every track was brilliant.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Yeah. Well it's a damn shame. Maybe Daron wanted to do more soulful RnB where the rest just wanted to be "commercial". Or the other way around.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope that aint it MG. I have been listening to Daron Jones solo stuff, and there more club bangers. He has been working with TI, D4L and other hardcore rappers.

This is a sad day for 112, and there fans. Daron has been a major driving force to the success of the band. Vocally one of the best i have ever heard, and could hit a note, some say better then Wanya Morris.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
for about 2 years back in 97/98 i called them one, one two :o

When i found out it was pronounced 1 twelve it sounded so weird

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There named after the night club that Diddy found them in. Based in Atlanta

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
for about 2 years back in 97/98 i called them one, one two :o

When i found out it was pronounced 1 twelve it sounded so weird
Don't worry, so did I. It happens to the best of them lol. One Twelve is so much easier to say.

M

Makavelli

they better come out with a new album ive thrashed the hell out of pleasure and pain...

by far my favourite band of all time..

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With you there BD2006.

Pleasure and Pain was a good way to bounce back after a Crappy Hot N Wet. I know there releasing two more "best ofs". 1 is of all there singles, and the other is of the band members favourites.

An album without Daron will be very weird though.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very true. Daron sounds absolutely brilliant in the album. Particualarly in "Nowhere", "Last to know", "My mistakes" and "Why cant we get along". He will be missed

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
This is sad. :( I love 112. They're my all time favourite band and to see Daron leaving, they just won't be the same. I'll still be supporting them and I'll also be buying their solo albums but 112 won't be 112 unless its Q, Mike, Slim, Daron.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
TBH, I was never that into them. I mean I like them, but they aren't my favourite. I just can't get into their songs as much as I can with other RnB groups.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
MG, If you have Pleasure and Pain or not, listen/dl these songs and listen to them very carefully:
Last to know
Nowhere
Let this go
What if
Why cant we get along
God Knows

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
I have most of them. But they just aren't my cup of tea. I did enjoy them at Roc Tha block. I thought they were the best there. But... it's just personal opinion.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I have most of them. But they just aren't my cup of tea. I did enjoy them at Roc Tha block. I thought they were the best there. But... it's just personal opinion.
i'm a bit the same. I was jus never able to get into them as much. Their first 2 albums I loved, but not quite as much as blackstreet's / jodeci's albums. But still those first 2 albums rate very highly.

Then they sorta went downhill and I didnt listen to the new stuff.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Yeah. Jodeci's stuff is good all the time as is Boyz II Men etc. But like I said I do like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.