Official 100% footy

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anything?
Not much we didn’t already know.

- Gus praised Dogs defensive resolve and pointed out that with the Eels having 70% possession in the first 37min and electing to kick for goal to go 8-0 shows they too knew our defence was good.

- Said obviously our attack needs work but will improve in the coming weeks the more the new fellas play together (which although he didn’t say it suggests Ciro is unlikely to make changes beyond what injury forces).

- Didn’t give a forecast on Fox’ return but says the news is much better than a fracture.

And that’ll do me, I can turn Bracey off :-).

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

- Gus praised Dogs defensive resolve and pointed out that with the Eels having 70% possession in the first 37min and electing to kick for goal to go 8-0 shows they too knew our defence was good.

- Said obviously our attack needs work but will improve in the coming weeks the more the new fellas play together (which although he didn’t say it suggests Ciro is unlikely to make changes beyond what injury forces).

- Didn’t give a forecast on Fox’ return but says the news is much better than a fracture.

Been enjoying Gallen the last few years on that show. Respect went up for him even more cause he always gives it to Parra even though it’s because he was a Parra junior and they brushed him lol but I have meet him a few times as well seems like a real good bloke honestly.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats exactly how I saw it even though it was hard to watch us get bullied.

If we got any momentum in that first half the game would have been much closer towards the back end. I think the Kikau knock on off the penalty was the biggest killer.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

If we got any momentum in that first half the game would have been much closer towards the back end. I think the Kikau knock on off the penalty was the biggest killer.
Agreed. Burned too much petrol too early and silly errors and penalties caused the avalanche. I don’t think it’s blind optimism to say defence is already better than last year and the rest will come. A ‘homesick’ middle wouldn’t go astray - or just a fit one even :-).

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

i agree, there were alot of positives, last years team gets beat by 40 imo.
We got back to 2 tries down, they were gassed in 30 degrees heat against a red hot parra team
Parra had to win the save Arthur and they were up for it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Been enjoying Gallen the last few years on that show. Respect went up for him even more cause he always gives it to Parra even though it’s because he was a Parra junior and they brushed him lol but I have meet him a few times as well seems like a real good bloke honestly.
Did you see the look Gus gave him when he asked when was the last time the Dogs won?

Personally I’m not a big fan of Gal (even when he played for the Blues and I’m blue right through at Origin time) but he’s definitely one of the characters that suits the blokey part of the game. All good.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Agree we should all kneel at the Altar and give thanks

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see the look Gus gave him when he asked when was the last time the Dogs won?

Personally I’m not a big fan of Gal (even when he played for the Blues and I’m blue right through at Origin time) but he’s definitely one of the characters that suits the blokey part of the game. All good.
I thought he said when was the last time the bears won. To James cause his a bears supporter.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Burned too much petrol too early and silly errors and penalties caused the avalanche. I don’t think it’s blind optimism to say defence is already better than last year and the rest will come. A ‘homesick’ middle wouldn’t go astray - or just a fit one even :-).
Would love an alpha prop right about now...

We got reinforcements coming, just need their form and fitness to get up. By round 10 we should have a fully fit compliment... hopefully we can notch some wins and build something until then.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I really like Bracey, he's pretty chilled out and doesn't go over the top like alot of other presenters.
To each their own, to me he’s more Stan Sport rugby than NRL - Mr Boat Shoes. He was particularly grating when he used to host 6 Tackles With Gus and just laugh at everything Gus said. Anyways, all good :-).

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he said when was the last time the bears won. To James cause his a bears supporter.
Maybe I misheard. Yeah Bracey was on the board of the Bears until a blow-up a couple of years ago and resigned. Good to know Belmore isn’t the only place where boardroom blood letting can happen :-).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To each their own, to me he’s more Stan Sport rugby than NRL - Mr Boat Shoes. He was particularly grating when he used to host 6 Tackles With Gus and just laugh at everything Gus said. Anyways, all good :-).
yeah I never understood that dynamic, he was the absolute last bloke I thought Gus would do a podcast with.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
yeah I never understood that dynamic, he was the absolute last bloke I thought Gus would do a podcast with.
Yep, hence the co-host change to Matt Thompson who is also not the sharpest knife in the drawer but more suited I think to the product and audience.

Last edited: