CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not a coach, Gm
Why? Wayne would still do a better job. Gus is massively overrated and completely hopeless at an NRL level, doesn't have a clue how to build an NRL roster and is better suited to sticking in his own lane.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Typical f’ucking Gus…. Never once said publicly that he requested Ciraldo start a year later.. I call bullsh1t… he went on about inexperienced team, was he not the GM that signed off on that lunatic Reynolds to a Top 30 spot? Nu Brown? Burns didn’t play yesterday… but there’s a fair bit of first grade experience between them 3 players alone, so I can’t cop that bullsh1t that we’re inexperienced, Gus has been there for 2yrs now, and we’re still no better than before he got here ffs!

As for being a developmental club… what’s the point of saying that when you pump over 60 games into Averillo a Jr, and allow the kid to sign elsewhere after earlier in the season they allowed Aaron Schoupp leave with 2yrs remaining on his contract

I don’t believe a f’ucking word he says anymore Gus…. And Ciraldo who for most of the season would NOT blame injuries, NOT blame dodgy ref calls that have cost us a game or two… is now all of the sudden blaming the club & it’s losing culture

They can all f’uck off…
Yeah this telling him to come in 2024 and not 2023 sounds like pure bullshit.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is a genius said 6-7 years on top of 2 he has been in the job now so be about 8-10 years say to be a contender . Well every team goes through cycles and gets competitive every decade .

Smart man what should be natural progression he will get all the credit

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Flanagan Snr just said hold my beer....

If stg become bolters next year then Canterbury should just hand the keys back
Imagine this place after Flannos first win lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6-7 years to win a comp? That’s understandable and purely an estimation IMO, though if we’re not playing finals footy next year and still having a fuck around I don’t see myself watching much footy it’s to draining. The footy will be dictated by the head of the snake which is Ciraldo, a rookie who is learning on the job and that is exactly how we look on the field. Even with the likes of Kikau, Critta and a few signings he’s a rookie who will muck up and struggle to get these big names and egos in check. The Bulldogs are a club that needs an experienced cold hearted coach who’s knows the game and has the players digging in for him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
6-7 years to win a comp? That’s understandable and purely an estimation IMO, though if we’re not playing finals footy next year and still having a fuck around I don’t see myself watching much footy it’s to draining. The footy will be dictated by the head of the snake which is Ciraldo, a rookie who is learning on the job and that is exactly how we look on the field. Even with the likes of Kikau, Critta and a few signings he’s a rookie who will muck up and struggle to get these big names and egos in check. The Bulldogs are a club that needs an experienced cold hearted coach who’s knows the game and has the players digging in for him.
oooohhh it's been a long time!

since we played finals

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when we were in a similar position punchy nelson recruited ricky stuart, bradley clyde and darren smith ...thats how you do it

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so basically we're on a Man United like title drought, the glory days are over etc. Or we are going to wait 30 years like Liverpool and hopefully there isn't some bullshit fake virus to stop us from celebrating.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fans not asking to win comp, just asking for a team they can support without being delusional. A competitive team that is in or around the 8. We should at least already be there...

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Wayne would still do a better job. Gus is massively overrated and completely hopeless at an NRL level, doesn't have a clue how to build an NRL roster and is better suited to sticking in his own lane.
How did Wayne go trying to rebuild Newcastle?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus meeting with Luke Thompson tomorrow, also pretty much confirmed sexton
Why do we need to set a meeting to tell someone good luck back in England...

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has Wayne ever brought a dogshit team back from the brink of turmoil? Gus has. It’s easier when you have a clean slate as opposed to a massive mess to clean up

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has Wayne ever brought a dogshit team back from the brink of turmoil? Gus has. It’s easier when you have a clean slate as opposed to a massive mess to clean up
Gus hasn't.