100% Footy - Luke Brooks

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If that’s the case… then he won’t allow Hunt to the Roosters then either after Flanagan Jr’s treatment there
That is true

Flange senior is a smart cookie and loves a bargain

If he releases Hunt, it will be to a QLD team, seeking a player in exchange

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
People are kidding themselves if they think Shane Flanagan will do the dogs a favour, after fucking around with Kyle and also shafting him for CC
It's more about doing himself a favour. After being out of the head coaching ranks for so long, he cannot afford to have a disaster of a start. Keeping Ben Hunt and having a fractured playing group won't help his causes of moving forward and building a positive culture.
Letting Hunt walk and using 1 mil to buy some better players is his best bet.

Players Flanno Snr could target for 24' with Hunts money.
L.Miller, Tracey, Jenkins, Wilton, L.Thompson and Flanno Jr to play 9.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's more about doing himself a favour. After being out of the head coaching ranks for so long, he cannot afford to have a disaster of a start. Keeping Ben Hunt and having a fractured playing group won't help his causes of moving forward and building a positive culture.
Letting Hunt walk and using 1 mil to buy some better players is his best bet.

Players Flanno Snr could target for 24' with Hunts money.
L.Miller, Tracey, Jenkins, Wilton, L.Thompson and Flanno Jr to play 9.
None of those players would have the impact Hunt does there. They arent a great side, but without him they are much much worse.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not as such.. meant, if we miss because of something like a player swap then it’s shit reason. And no way to Steve an Burton , Flanno can go, but it won’t Happen for the Above to advantage us.
Well it depends who that player is. Don’t forget Hunt has probably 2 years left in him so trading a young player like Burton, Chrichton, Preston or Mahoney (these are the only players I could see that dragons would want) would not be the smartest decision

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
None of those players would have the impact Hunt does there. They arent a great side, but without him they are much much worse.
If Hunt really wants to leave the situation will become untenable and it'll just come down to who they can get in return for him (trade). Other clubs will also know this, but there will be a few desperate clubs that need to get him (us). Then they'll have close to 1m to get into the market with (nothing available tho). They really don't have a choice if Hunt is serious.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No doubt, but they are all good players. Dragons issue for ages now has been that they do not retain their best juniors, Garrick and Robson perfect examples.
They will be mediocre until this issue is resolved wether Hunt stays or not...

Hunts reasons for leaving obviously are around management and how the club is run. Gotta remember they lost their previous leader Cam McIness, so yeah I feel they are like Bulldogs in a way in that they have to hit rock bottom.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing is certain, and that is, that Shane Flanagan will bring in Kyle to the Dragons for 24

The question is will he bring him in as a #7 or a #9

Kyle is off contract this year, so there is no bargaining or releasing happening which would work in our favour for the last 8 rounds

On another note, why would Hunt or his manager come out on the eve of origin stating he wants out of the Dragons immediately? It does not make sense whatsoever!
All I know is no one makes emphatic statements on the Eve of an origin to come to a team running 2nd last…. He’s Bondi bound…smells of Uncle Nick.

Last edited:

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who’s paying a million dollars? Did you watch Flanno’s zero line breaks and zero try assists and one repeat set in the first 8-10 rounds… Brooks had more than that against us at Belmore… c’mon mate, be realistic - personally, I hope they land Hunt, but we need an experienced 7 and we’re getting pretty desperate… Brooks I can make do with, but only with 2-3 strong middles coming over too.
So apart from Flanno who isn't even our 7 now, your solution is to sign the worst half out there. I'd rather go after Sam Walker for one, definitely more likely to lead us to where we want to be. You think Brooks is coming for 500k, good luck with that when the Tigers offer is more. Wouldn't even pay half of that he's shown to not win very often.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just goes to show there isn’t much talent out there in the halves. You would think Manly would have some young kid to blood instead of paying probably good coin for Brooks.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are kidding themselves if they think Shane Flanagan will do the dogs a favour, after fucking around with Kyle and also shafting him for CC
I don't expect or want anything from that cheating gronk.
I'm glad he's nowhere near the club

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow all happening:
Hunt request denied
Brooks to manly
Schuster in limbo