100% Footy - Luke Brooks

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2 Clubs I can see Brooks land at & in order IMO - also the reasons why Gus would know

1. Newcastle Knights - They publicly stated that they wanted him bad last year with Gus close pal Andrew Johns always talks of his crush on Brooks.

2. Canberra Raiders - I believe Gus is still tight with Ricky & Brooks plays left side to replace Wighton.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 2 Clubs I can see Brooks land at & in order IMO - also the reasons why Gus would know

1. Newcastle Knights - They publicly stated that they wanted him bad last year with Gus close pal Andrew Johns always talks of his crush on Brooks.

2. Canberra Raiders - I believe Gus is still tight with Ricky & Brooks plays left side to replace Wighton.
Fingers crossed. I like your thinking regardless. Completely forgot about the knights. Hope they do what should have been done....

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t see how people watched that and got from it Brooks has signed with Dogs.
Gus didn’t even have to say anything about Brooks in the conversation, he openly raised that info that he believes he is committed and can’t see him going to the dragons.
His commentary about Hunt though was clear that if he is able to depart dragons the dogs would be talking to him. (And likely is aware we are a chance)
You sure have a different take on Goulds body language than myself and many here. Everyone on the panel was paying him out also.

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think Brooks fits otherwise what was the point of Oloapu? Oloapu is obviously in the long term plans which is why Hunt would be perfect but getting Brooks means there was no point getting Oloapu.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I don't think Brooks fits otherwise what was the point of Oloapu? Oloapu is obviously in the long term plans which is why Hunt would be perfect but getting Brooks means there was no point getting Oloapu.
It doesn't mean Oloapu can't be moved to lock as a 3rd playmaking option. Brooks really only comes into consideration if Hunt can't be got. We need someone experienced in the halves, even though i think of Brooks more of a 5/8th than halfback.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i reckon all this is leading to is us signing, or having a crack at, Chad Townsend. Hence why Gus is so confident Brooks is committed. ie: Cowboys have committed to Brooks, Chad's manager is reaching out because he knows there's no place left for Chad in N.Qld.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just watched the talk on 100% footy with Gus. Hes a shifty bastard, cant really draw any conclusion from his spin.
I did notice when they were talking about Hunt that I thought he went to say I havent spoken to him but stopped and rephrased, he hasnt told me so make of it what you will.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
i reckon all this is leading to is us signing, or having a crack at, Chad Townsend. Hence why Gus is so confident Brooks is committed. ie: Cowboys have committed to Brooks, Chad's manager is reaching out because he knows there's no place left for Chad in N.Qld.
Chad is on $800k next year. Cowboys would need to chuck in a lot to make it happen. He could be decent for a year. But how does that help KO?

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was lucky to see our great team in the 80's also, thank god!!
It was our golden era! The ‘drought’ since our last premiership has been the longest in my life!
19 years is not fair on bulldogs fans! We also have a ‘tradition’ in the 5th year of decades that we must continue!
1974 made the gf
1984 won the gf
1994 made the gf
2004 won the gf
2014 made the gf
2024 ??

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oloapu is nowhere near capable of guiding an NRL side around the park. He MAY be in the future but what if he never is a playmaker?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was our golden era! The ‘drought’ since our last premiership has been the longest in my life!
19 years is not fair on bulldogs fans! We also have a ‘tradition’ in the 5th year of decades that we must continue!
1974 made the gf
1984 won the gf
1994 made the gf
2004 won the gf
2014 made the gf
2024 ??
We're gonna win it in 2024 bitches!! Screw the doomstayers!!

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One thing you 100% can take from everything is his trying to get Hunt. Though why does it seem Brooks is plan B.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KO’s future if he proves himself in the NRL is at Lock. He might be a half at the moment but not buying a prospective half because we have KO isn’t good business. KO is 2-3 years away from being a complete NRL player if he makes it.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
KO’s future if he proves himself in the NRL is at Lock. He might be a half at the moment but not buying a prospective half because we have KO isn’t good business. KO is 2-3 years away from being a complete NRL player if he makes it.
You are right mate .. the club needs to say to KO’s that he has a future with this club if he wants it, but right now he needs to go back and spend 2 / 3 years getting better … after that conversation if he doesn’t have the patience then we may need to part ways ..

Reactions: CMP

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did notice when they were talking about Hunt that I thought he went to say I havent spoken to him but stopped and rephrased, he hasnt told me so make of it what you will.
Or he hasn't spoken to him, but is pretending he did.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
You sure have a different take on Goulds body language than myself and many here. Everyone on the panel was paying him out also.
Having a different take to many on here means very little / nothing… with a lot of the takes that get thrown around I am ok with that!
Time will tell and I’ll happily accept my view on it being wrong, as unlikely as it is [emoji3]