1) Why? 2) Meant to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i'm probably wrong but felt like jim dymock was coaching the team, it just makes no sense for Des with 3 weeks to go to let from "off the leash" when it should have been done at the start of this season, or at the very least when we still had a chance at making the finals
You are correct! you are wrong, give the boy a Lolly!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Remember we were all promised this "unshackled" game plan at the beginning of the season....where could we have been if it wasn't for Des...certainly in the finals that's for sure!

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players these days know how to play football. They don't necessarily need a coach to teach them how to play instinctive footy or what's in front of them. The boys know how to throw the footy around, or back each other up in support or just spread the ball out wide. Coaches help them understand other teams structures and set plays so they can try and defend against them. Coaches work on defensive structures and where the best position would be for each player so he can help the guy next to him. I know their is a lot more i could bring up, but my point being, players have played their whole lives and know how to play footy! Des coaches it out of them. He gets them to play what he believes makes sense in his mind and fucking world. The boys obviously dont enjoy footy anymore, so they start playing shit cause they are over it. Last 3 weeks shows they can play and should be trusted to break free from the strict structures if they are not working. I feel sorry for the boys when i watch them play. Im glad they enjoyed the last few weeks and got a couple of good wins to finish on a high. Now kindly rackkkkkkk offfff Desaster!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watched the press conference from dragons game, fuck me hasler has ripped the club to pieces, graham n Reynolds very emotional n raw, n joshs sly tap on grahams leg when haslers says we won because of possession is enough to give an insight on what the players think of Hasler! His clearly lost the support of the players, drove some out and fucked the club! Very sad indeed

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know if it was to Des, Lichaa would already have a contract right?
Des is a big supporter of his!!
That's the thing with Des, he supports his players but wants to control them, so much so, he literally changes their natural abilities via his obsession of stats.

Des would have afforded the luxury to Lichaa to play his natural game in the final few rounds to help Lichaa market himself but what it's done is prove to everyone that Des has suppressed his natural talents and probably those of a few players..

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i'm probably wrong but felt like jim dymock was coaching the team, it just makes no sense for Des with 3 weeks to go to let from "off the leash" when it should have been done at the start of this season, or at the very least when we still had a chance at making the finals
Yeah I thought that too

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I thought that too
How satisfying would it be for Dymock & the players if he did in fact take the reins the last three rounds and achieved results even Mr $1million dollar SuperCoach couldn't achieve (wins and points!)

Still, Dymock was the "attacking coach" for the year so he has to wear some sh!t for our dreadful attacking display for the most part.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des didn't unleash the shackles. Instead Lichaa just finally played to his potential after realising he had to desperately find a contract elsewhere, and as a result our entire attack changed off the back of it.

No conspiracy and definitely no Des unleashing the shackles.
you cant just all of a sudden become outstanding in your role just through sheer desperation.
The bloke obviously has a skill that was not needed in the game plan or interfered with Desball. Once it became clear that they weren't going to make the finals they started playing with more vision and player involvement.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you cant just all of a sudden become outstanding in your role just through sheer desperation.
Yes you can. Rugby League is a simple game. Have a good attitude and play your gut out, and more times than not you'll play really well.

How many times have we seen players play out of their skin when it's contract time and then coast through in between when contract time is well down the track?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you can. Rugby League is a simple game. Have a good attitude and play your gut out, and more times than not you'll play really well.

How many times have we seen players play out of their skin when it's contract time and then coast through in between when contract time is well down the track?
Under Hasler he played a very different style even under enormous and mounting pressure to prove he had an ounce of talent he still didn't deviate from the game plan.
Once the finals were out of the picture he played his own style.
I don't see how anyone can't see that especially knowing the Ennis story
Apart from that Lichaa even stated in the last 3 weeks that he has played differently from how des wanted him to play.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Our club needs to now wake up to itself and offer Lichaa a contract.
He's always been the real deal.
Our club cannot allow quality players AND people to walk away.
Michael Lichaa is a very fine young man that's settled on and off the field.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys did we really play anyone decent to say we changed things up? I don't think we would have beaten a top four side or don't think we would have been able to play that way against quality opposition.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys did we really play anyone decent to say we changed things up? I don't think we would have beaten a top four side or don't think we would have been able to play that way against quality opposition.
We didn't play any of the elite teams, but our playing style the last few weeks was all there to be seen, it definitely changed.

Six key changes included:
1) Lichaa's movements out of dummy half
2) Hoppa playing like a modern day ball playing fullback
3) Mbye took on the line
4) Increased efforts on 2nd phase play
5) Emphasis on quick play the balls
6) Giving early ball to our outside backs

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the thing with Des, he supports his players but wants to control them, so much so, he literally changes their natural abilities via his obsession of stats.

Des would have afforded the luxury to Lichaa to play his natural game in the final few rounds to help Lichaa market himself but what it's done is prove to everyone that Des has suppressed his natural talents and probably those of a few players..
Yes I agree.
But if it was up to Des, Lichaa woukd be there next season.
Even if Des isn't & Lichaa might have been able to expand his game under the next coach.
Will be interesting where Lichaa ends up?
Or were Des ends up!

Status
Not open for further replies.