+1 to the Bulldogs fan base..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Found out my wife's pregnant with our first child.

Next year we'll have another bulldogs fan to add to the family if I have anything to do with it!

I remember there being a thread previously about another member who just found out his wife's pregnant, can anyone gimme any tips or advice.. Should I be expecting mood swings anytime soon or do I have a bit of time before it starts?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Congrats mate. The 1st is always an adventure. Yes mood swings. Morning sickness. "I look fat". The lot. But one hell of a ride.

Enjoy.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Its tough having a pregnant Mrs. Last time i went through it was about 5 years ago.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha cheers guys, it's been 1 month and the "am I getting fatter..?" and cravings have already started!

The mood swings and morning sickness haven't kicked in yet, she's actually been really nice.. I dunno if she's still on a high from finding out the news or I haven't done anything to trigger her yet.. I guess I just have to sit around and wait now.:help:

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
By the way, would it be overly wrong to paint the baby room blue and white even if it ends up being a girl?

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats! Name your child, Aziz.
That mofo is HILARIOUS!

Tom: I don't want to put words in your mouth, but case dismissed.
Lawyer: And you were texting at the time, correct?
Tom: How dare you sir? I was tweeting!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found out my wife's pregnant with our first child.

Next year we'll have another bulldogs fan to add to the family if I have anything to do with it!

I remember there being a thread previously about another member who just found out his wife's pregnant, can anyone gimme any tips or advice.. Should I be expecting mood swings anytime soon or do I have a bit of time before it starts?
Great news, mate. Congratulations.

Am going through the same thing right now. The missus is 21 weeks pregnant right now, so just over half way.

Hope your wife's holding up well. Mine was throwing up morning, noon and night pretty much every day for about 3 months. Thankfully, after about 15 weeks that settled down. I hope your missus is luckier on that front for both your sakes.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great news, mate. Congratulations.

Am going through the same thing right now. The missus is 21 weeks pregnant right now, so just over half way.

Hope your wife's holding up well. Mine was throwing up morning, noon and night pretty much every day for about 3 months. Thankfully, after about 15 weeks that settled down. I hope your missus is luckier on that front for both your sakes.
Thanks heaps, she gets tired very quickly, has a lot of naps during the day, feels dizzy sometimes, but no throwing up as yet..

Funny thing is, I took her to the doctor on sat night, she explained all her symptoms, and he said she just caught a virus and prescribed antibiotics. Now I don't like questioning people who are obviously professionals, but something came over me and I couldn't help but say "Is there a possibility that she could be pregnant?", his reply was "Maybe.. but I'm certain she's caught something." ( I assumed after I had said this, he would certainly do a test before providing her any meds, I was wrong.)

Luckily she picked up a test from Coles before we got home, otherwise we'd have a very dead Dr if those antibiotics had jeopardised my wife or babies health.

Sorry for the essay guys, but I'd hate to see it happen to anyone else.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was he Indian?

Congrats. I was going through this last year. My daughter is 10months as of yesterday.

Funnily my wife had no sickness at all during pregnancy. Everything was sweet. Unfortunately the delivery made up for that. Not to go into details but was very bad for her.

In saying that, she used to say they werent cravings but she drove from Ashfield to Kingsgrove for a pavalova she had to have. Also we had to drive from Ashfield to sans souci for a good old style burger (Pauls burgers is the bomb).

Get ready to be taken to birth classes.

Get ready for watching shows like Born every minute (i think its called). U will end up banning that show because it does nothing but either make them cry, or keep talking about what if this, what if that.

Good Luck!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do people get excited about having a sprog? My mrs thought she was pregnant one time and I couldn't have felt worse. Kids suck.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why do people get excited about having a sprog? My mrs thought she was pregnant one time and I couldn't have felt worse. Kids suck.
Probably not the right thread for this post.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably not the right thread for this post.
It is actually, because this thread is about an individual celebrating the fact that his wife is pregnant, and I am asking why people do this. It's entirely relevant.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is actually, because this thread is about an individual celebrating the fact that his wife is pregnant, and I am asking why people do this. It's entirely relevant.
I never said it wasn't relevant. I'm simply stating, when someone is celebrating he most important moment in their life, you should probably just let them celebrate.
You could start your own thread asking why, but you shouldn't hijack this one.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol your views on children aren't a secret, it's well known your the grinch of the maternity ward :p

To be completely honest, when she burst into the room shouting "I'm pregnant!", I was more focused on the movie I was watching, I don't trust home-preg tests too much, so I reserved excitement until we were 100% sure. Slowly it has sunk in and I'm on quite a high.. I've created another human being that will bear my name, and someone I will love unconditionally from the second they are born. It's a different kind of love I've been told.. unexplainable really.

Eventually you'll have a child one day and you'll realise it's not the worst feeling in the world.. Plus we need to grow the supporter base!

Status
Not open for further replies.