Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think we all agreed Moses is shredding it at Fullback. I think he’s viable there long term for us.

But.....What spine helps our team more TODAY and now:
Hoppa
Moses
Foran
Lichaa
Or
Moses
JMK
Foran
Lichaa

As much as we’ve sorted our fullback issue, we’ve severely weakened our halves with Frawley/JMK playing.

To me, having watched what we’ve dished up for 5 weeks, our playing style and balance is out of whack. We’re trying to go around teams when we don’t have the cattle.
But we do have the cattle to go through them, should our forwards ever decide to support each other and run to the line in numbers. Moses with his footwork up the middle, or simply pushing up and following the ball carriers (Foran even), would be a threat.
Desperate times Deano....WHERE’s The MaDNesS????

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe give jmk a shot at 9 as he is quick an nimble.
But other than that it’s deans call an we can only hope he makes the right one in the end.

Be good to see how much the boys attitude changes in this evenings game.

Huge effort required to be competitive an stay in the game for the full 80mins

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Moses
6. JMK / Brown
7. Foran
9. Lichaa > Brown/JMK
14. Brown/JMK

I suppose another option would be Lewis in place of Brown. Maybe he's being used as centre in NSW Cup for utility value in first grade.

Moses needs to stay at fullback, he's been moved around far too much in the past and is finally finding his feet.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m hopeful Pay told JMK to ease into FG and not do too much for his first few games

Hopefully today the kid gets more involved and helps Foz out

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would be happy with Mbye/ Foran in the halves and Hoppa at the back.

JMK doesn't seem to offer much creativity, especially with sweep plays in the opposition 20m.

caltan

Waterboy
Reaction score
You have such a short memory Moedogg. Finally. Moses has found his ideal position where he has been a revelation and could potentially be our X-Factor in the future. When he was in the halves he was only a runner and was not capable of being creative. Now you want to put him back in the halves. Also Hoppa was never a threat when he was our fullback.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Best spine for our team right now:

1. B Moz
6. Foran
7. Mbye
9. JMK

Longer term

1. Mbye
6. Foran
7. Cogger
9. JMK or recruit Hastings, the Seg, Rein?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont see our spine being the problem at all.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simple
1 mbye
6 JMK / Lewis / Brown
7 Foran /Cogger
9 Lichaa / Woolford
Their forms should decide their fate

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have such a short memory Moedogg. Finally. Moses has found his ideal position where he has been a revelation and could potentially be our X-Factor in the future. When he was in the halves he was only a runner and was not capable of being creative. Now you want to put him back in the halves. Also Hoppa was never a threat when he was our fullback.
Didn't you see how crap JMK is? A combination of Mbye/ Foran will be far more effective than JMK/Foran for the short term, until we get a decent 5/8 to partner Foran.
Hoppa isn't a threat but is still the best positional fullback at the club.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Best spine for our team right now:

1. B Moz
6. Foran
7. Mbye
9. JMK

Longer term

1. Mbye
6. Foran
7. Cogger
9. JMK or recruit Hastings, the Seg, Rein?
Let’s get excited about Cogger NOT
playing in a IPS team that hasn’t won a game and he missed over a quarter of his tackles last week

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually like Magdog says but Mbye in the halves is the ultimate no, no.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Totally missed my point.

Was talking about the balance and what’s best for the side. Sure, Mbye has done well at fullback- we’re still 1-4.

Our halves are weakened, and we’ve never seen him in the halves since Foran has been here.

Sucks not having a worthy spine, and having to do with a makeshift spine since Barba left.

Status
Not open for further replies.