09 Halves? Who will be our 5/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have kimmorly on his way down, Then we have Taumata,Benny roberts and holdsworth fighting for 5/8, Taumata is showing some good signs at 5/8, Havnt seen a bulldog other then patten run length of the field or even have enuf speed to even get close to it in a long time, What will happen next year? Anyone think that roberts good make a good center?

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
holdsworth been told to look for a new club...

taumata from memory is being chased hard by newcastle (might be wrong about the team) BUT apparently on his way out... hopefully that situation has changed...

if not roberts and kimmorley in the halves

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully him playing fg this year will change his mind.

Dan The Mus

Waterboy
Reaction score
Aside from the incedent in the 79th minute and one or two poor reads in defence Ben Roberts remains one of our best attacking weapons. Effort is there every week. He would be my 5/8

Halfback has to be Kimmorely I guess. I would like to see Barba give a shot in this position though.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aside from the incedent in the 79th minute and one or two poor reads in defence Ben Roberts remains one of our best attacking weapons. Effort is there every week. He would be my 5/8

Halfback has to be Kimmorely I guess. I would like to see Barba give a shot in this position though.
But barba cant direcct the nyc team, How would he do that in fg? He scores a ****load of trys but there all from support plays intercepts etc, A halfback isnt ment to score them but more set them up and direct the team around the park, He plays more like a fullback.

Vladamir

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
taumata and kimmorley

after what roberts did at the end of the game last night i never wanna see him again. who the hell grubbers in the last minute of the game when its 30 all right near the line what an idiot

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holdsworth is fine at 5/8, Did you watch the 06 season? Or did you just start now? And roberts has been dangerous in attack this year open your eyes.

Dan The Mus

Waterboy
Reaction score
But barba cant direcct the nyc team, How would he do that in fg? He scores a ****load of trys but there all from support plays intercepts etc, A halfback isnt ment to score them but more set them up and direct the team around the park, He plays more like a fullback.
His support play would be a massive assest. I think we are currently second in the NRL in line-breaks, with Barba looming around the ruck I think he would bag plenty of tries similar to the one's he is scroing in the NYC.

He couldn't do any worse than directing the team around than what 2 5/8's did last night.

The H

G Unit
Reaction score
Kimmorley and Taumata for sure. If Holdsworth stays I could see him being used in a utility roll off the bench. Not sure where Roberts fits in unfortunately but Taumata looks to have more presence on the field and looks a lot more likely to create points with the ball in hand.

N

nuffnuffs

i would have kimmorly and maitua the 09 halfs
And Holdsworth @ 2nd row,

SBW lock

Benny Roberts Interchange hooker to Ennis

1 Crisp - Pattern game by game prospect at best
2 Elmasri
3, Josh Morris
3, Wini
5 Utai
6 Reni
7 Noddy
8 Hicky
9 Ennis
10 Hannet
11 Ryan
12 Holdsworth
13 SBW

14 Roberts - Interchange Hooker, half, full back (utility player like kirt giddly)
15 Te Mari
16 Kite
17 Williams

N

nuffnuffs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now thats a team to win the 09 title

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
Holdsworth is fine at 5/8, Did you watch the 06 season? Or did you just start now? And roberts has been dangerous in attack this year open your eyes.
great holdsworth he mighten be here next year he has been tlod
yo look around

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have kimmorly @ halfback and roberts/taumata @ 5/8 and if taumata gets 5/8 roberts as josh morris's center partner.

N

nuffnuffs

I would have kimmorly @ halfback and roberts/taumata @ 5/8 and if taumata gets 5/8 roberts as josh morris's center partner.
yeah not bad I think this is better option
\
1 Crisp - Pattern game by game prospect at best
2 Elmasri
3, Josh Morris
3, Wini
5 Utai
6 Reni
7 Noddy
8 Hicky
9 Ennis
10 Hannet
11 Ryan
12 Holdsworth
13 SBW

14 Roberts - Interchange Hooker, half, full back (utility player like kirt giddly)
15 Te Mari
16 Kite
17 Williams

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Keefy's 2009 squad

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem Elmasri
3. Josh Morris
4. HELP NEED SPEED
5. HELP NEED SPEED