News “These boys know how to win’: Bulldogs skipper’s praise for new recruits’ refreshing mentality

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs longstanding skipper Josh Jackson has heaped praise on the club’s new signings bringing a “winning mentality” to the squad.
The Canterbury Bankstown club welcomed new recruits Matt Dufty, Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Matt Burton, Paul Vaughan and Tevita Pangai Jr into the squad for 2022 and the experienced back-rower is already impressed.
Jackson is entering his 12th season in blue and white and fifth as captain of the side and has already loved the mentality players such as Matt Burton, Brent Naden and Tevita Pangai Jnr from the Panthers and Josh Addo-Carr from the Storm have introduced.

Some of these guys have come from good systems, like Penrith and Melbourne, clubs that have been successful, so these boys know how to win, they know what it looks like, and they’ve brought across that winning mentality and competitiveness at training,” Jackson told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“The No.1 goal is to win premierships, that’s always been important to me.
“We’ve made all the right signings and done all the work. Now we have to go out and do it.”

The Bulldogs have finished in the bottom four in the last four seasons, but the lack of success has never lured the loyal lock away and he is showing no signs of slowing down.

In 2021, Jackson won the George Peponis player of the year award and still has two years left on his current deal.

When asked if he would ever consider leaving the club, Jackson was steadfast saying: “No, never, not at all.”

“This club gave me my opportunity to start with, they were loyal to me early, and I’ve wanted to repay that,” Jackson explained.

“If I went somewhere else and tried to chase that success, it wouldn’t feel the same.

“It’s not just me. There are a number of people at this club, we’ve been through the hard times together, and it will be a great feeling of satisfaction if we do get a bit of success knowing we’ve come from where we’ve come from.”
Jackson has already tasted success with the Bulldogs, being a part of the club’s 2012 and 2014 grand finals appearances and will be hoping to turn the club’s fortunes around in seasons to come.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jacko has always been a player that has worn the colours with passion, come on Dogs do it for him (and us fans)!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs longstanding skipper Josh Jackson has heaped praise on the club’s new signings bringing a “winning mentality” to the squad.
The Canterbury Bankstown club welcomed new recruits Matt Dufty, Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Matt Burton, Paul Vaughan and Tevita Pangai Jr into the squad for 2022 and the experienced back-rower is already impressed.
Jackson is entering his 12th season in blue and white and fifth as captain of the side and has already loved the mentality players such as Matt Burton, Brent Naden and Tevita Pangai Jnr from the Panthers and Josh Addo-Carr from the Storm have introduced.

Some of these guys have come from good systems, like Penrith and Melbourne, clubs that have been successful, so these boys know how to win, they know what it looks like, and they’ve brought across that winning mentality and competitiveness at training,” Jackson told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“The No.1 goal is to win premierships, that’s always been important to me.
“We’ve made all the right signings and done all the work. Now we have to go out and do it.”

The Bulldogs have finished in the bottom four in the last four seasons, but the lack of success has never lured the loyal lock away and he is showing no signs of slowing down.

In 2021, Jackson won the George Peponis player of the year award and still has two years left on his current deal.

When asked if he would ever consider leaving the club, Jackson was steadfast saying: “No, never, not at all.”

“This club gave me my opportunity to start with, they were loyal to me early, and I’ve wanted to repay that,” Jackson explained.

“If I went somewhere else and tried to chase that success, it wouldn’t feel the same.

“It’s not just me. There are a number of people at this club, we’ve been through the hard times together, and it will be a great feeling of satisfaction if we do get a bit of success knowing we’ve come from where we’ve come from.”
Jackson has already tasted success with the Bulldogs, being a part of the club’s 2012 and 2014 grand finals appearances and will be hoping to turn the club’s fortunes around in seasons to come.
Yes...The aim is to be premiers, BELIEVE !!!
Funny...He mentioned the winning culture of Penrith an Melbourne but forgotten St Merger Steelers :tearsofjoy:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t have the best season then again neither did anyone. Hope he has a great season now that we have go foward and we’re coming of a spoon can sense a solid season from him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You only have to see how competitive Jacko is at training to see this guy is a winner... Put this guy in a Melbourne set up and he would have won more comps than Cronk.