News ‘Wonderful talent’: Foxx sees silver lining in Bulldogs’ injury crisis amid young gun’s rapid rise

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr can see the silver lining in the Bulldogs’ injury crisis highlighted by young guns like Karl Oloapu stepping up and taking their opportunities.

The Bulldogs have a plethora of stars in their casualty ward including Addo-Carr, but the representative winger believes it can help fast-track the club’s next wave of talent coming through.

“It is not fun, but it is just something that we have got to deal with at the moment,” Addo-Carr told foxsports.com.au.

It does happen within the game. But we have got a lot of young boys coming through that get that experience and are excited to be a part of the team.

“I think that is going to benefit us in the long run in terms of experience. I think it is going to show everyone what type of team we want to be.

“We want to be a tough team that wins tough, so I think for the next few weeks until everyone is 100 per cent I think that is what we have to focus on. Playing tough and winning any way we can.”

Oloapu made his NRL debut off the bench in the win over the Dragons in Round 9 and will again line up against the Raiders to kick off Magic Round.

Addo-Carr has been impressed by Oloapu’s natural ability combined with his willingness to learn.

“I think he is just a footy player,” Addo-Carr said.

He sees things that most players don’t and most halves don’t.

“He is a wonderful kid to be around. I remember when he first came to the club he was a bit shy, but once he came out of his shell you saw the real Karl.

“We are so blessed to have him on our side. He is a wonderful talent and he is always willing to learn and listen to everyone at the club.

“It is exciting times for him and his family and the NRL to have a talent like him.”

Addo-Carr is confident he can return in time for Origin if selected by the Blues, but is more focused on helping his club team in any way he can off the field before he gets back on it.

“The recovering from my injury is going really good,” Addo-Carr said.

“I have been doing everything possible to get back quickly and back to 100 per cent.

“I’ve been trying to see the positives in sitting on the sidelines. Helping my teammates and the coaches in any way I can.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr can see the silver lining in the Bulldogs’ injury crisis highlighted by young guns like Karl Oloapu stepping up and taking their opportunities.

The Bulldogs have a plethora of stars in their casualty ward including Addo-Carr, but the representative winger believes it can help fast-track the club’s next wave of talent coming through.

“It is not fun, but it is just something that we have got to deal with at the moment,” Addo-Carr told foxsports.com.au.

It does happen within the game. But we have got a lot of young boys coming through that get that experience and are excited to be a part of the team.

“I think that is going to benefit us in the long run in terms of experience. I think it is going to show everyone what type of team we want to be.

“We want to be a tough team that wins tough, so I think for the next few weeks until everyone is 100 per cent I think that is what we have to focus on. Playing tough and winning any way we can.”

Oloapu made his NRL debut off the bench in the win over the Dragons in Round 9 and will again line up against the Raiders to kick off Magic Round.

Addo-Carr has been impressed by Oloapu’s natural ability combined with his willingness to learn.

“I think he is just a footy player,” Addo-Carr said.

He sees things that most players don’t and most halves don’t.

“He is a wonderful kid to be around. I remember when he first came to the club he was a bit shy, but once he came out of his shell you saw the real Karl.

“We are so blessed to have him on our side. He is a wonderful talent and he is always willing to learn and listen to everyone at the club.

“It is exciting times for him and his family and the NRL to have a talent like him.”

Addo-Carr is confident he can return in time for Origin if selected by the Blues, but is more focused on helping his club team in any way he can off the field before he gets back on it.

“The recovering from my injury is going really good,” Addo-Carr said.

“I have been doing everything possible to get back quickly and back to 100 per cent.

“I’ve been trying to see the positives in sitting on the sidelines. Helping my teammates and the coaches in any way I can.
I know some take the piss out of you for posting articles but I like it as I don't have to click on their sites and scroll through bullshit.

Thanks bro.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know some take the piss out of you for posting articles but I like it as I don't have to click on their sites and scroll through bullshit.

Thanks bro.
I’m with you on that bro, even if too long, I skim read get the idea and then comments make it so much clearer, saves lots of time. So I guess thanks to all is in order !!

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It just goes to show that our front office is recruiting well with many young players coming through the system.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same. Thanks DJ. Reading all news Bulldogs is why I come here everyday. I appreciate you searching and posting these articles.