News ‘Who is actually running this team?’: Bulldogs under scrutiny after Gus admits to Flanagan call

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From my point of view, it’s not complicated.

Flanagan was unwanted by the club, and had completely lost any confidence he had.

Gus knew this and told him, then took on a mentorship-type role in trying to get Flanagan’s career back on track.

Barrett, knowing Gus is working with Flanagan, asks Gus’ permission to select him.

Not sure why this is an article, and there’s no reason to assume Barrett isn’t running the team.
And anyone who thinks otherwise to what you just said is only stirring the pot tbh

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And anyone who thinks otherwise to what you just said is only stirring the pot tbh
And at the end of the day if we are getting better performances from our players who really cares. Good on Gus for taking @Flanagun under his care. It’s sends the message that the club gives a shit about their players.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus wouldn't have to deal with this bullshit if we had a competent coach.

IF we had a competent coach Gus would be focused on pathways & junior development.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Gus was brought in as football manager, doesn't that mean he will manage the team? Even if Gus is running things, so what? He's much more experienced than Baz. I mean he has coached us to a premiership before after all. Such a non story

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jesus Christ how dumb are these journos? No individual runs any large organisation. Responsibilities are shared and certain checks and balances are built into the system. In this case it seems the GM of football has the overarching responsibility for player welfare. I would say its a smart way to set things up and ensures player welfare comes first.