News ‘Super sub’: Cameron Ciraldo explains why Connor Tracey won the fullback spot and how he plans on unleashing Blake Taaffe

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ZERO Line break assists and Try assists this year and about 5 hospital passes.
Lucky he has the myth of his defence....
Do you know what Hutch has got that other players don't have, Attitude Effort and Leadership !
Unfortunately it's not enough to cover for his shortfalls as a halfback, the reason the Rorters let him go ???

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, if not Taafe then Sexy. Hutcho is not a great defender and both those 2 guys will offer fuckloads more in attack. Hutcho is so slow that his whole side panic because they are a man short. I would either a crack because I know what i'm gonna get with Hutcho and it's not enough to win tight games atm.
Yep nothing wrong with Sexton. Deserves a go

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can't develop when the HB has NFI how to be a HB.

If not Taffee then Sexton deserves a decent crack. I just don't want CC to repeat another Perham prolonged dud experiment.
Don't forget brother "we were a wreck", CC had to start somewhere, defence was the most urgent,
After the trial I believed that Sexton should have been the 1/2, now Taaffe might just edge him out, none the less I'm confident that our defence now can cover for the lesser defensive halfbacks, time to have faith :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't forget brother "we were a wreck", CC had to start somewhere, defence was the most urgent,
After the trial I believed that Sexton should have been the 1/2, now Taaffe might just edges him out, none the less I'm confident that our defence now can cover for a lesser defensive halfbacks, time to have faith :grinning:
What defence has hutch got? How many tries has he let in? How many times has he stopped all momentum?

The experiment is over, he doesn't need to leave him till round 19 like he did with perham.

JaTT

Waterboy
Reaction score
All this talk of Taffe at 7, but has anyone actually seen the guy kick a ball? Long or short?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What defence has hutch got? How many tries has he let in? How many times has he stopped all momentum?

The experiment is over, he doesn't need to leave him till round 19 like he did with perham.
Yes, Hutch did miss some tackles but he is the better defender out of all the halfbacks we have !!!
I have said it before and agree "we do not want another Perham experiment".

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taaffe played 7 all his juniors it was Souths that picked illias over him, which resulted in him shifting to fullback

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
27 missed tackles after 6 games...
You are a man of football knowledge, I am sure you agree that over exhaustion by chasing in both attack and defence from one side of the field to the other at times doing someone else's job played part in those figures, none the less he is the most reliable defending halfback we have, that doesn't mean I want him there !

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You are a man of football knowledge, I am sure you agree that over exhaustion by chasing in both attack and defence from one side of the field to the other at times doing someone else's job played part in those figures, none the less he is the most reliable defending halfback we have, that doesn't mean I want him there !
Well if he better become a FG HB asap or make way for one.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
What was annoying me about Taffe is how much he was getting dominated in tackles when trying to run it out to start the sets. Tracey's intensity was high, consistent and enjoyable to watch! The safe hands is a big plus too even though Taffe had improved dramatically in the last couple of games.

Tracey at 1 is solid and there is some X factor there that can show up with the intensity he plays at.
The gamble of Taffe to 7 is worth it as he has a great short kicking game - need to see more of it to know its consistent. And he has the sharp step, fast off the mark and a great passing game - but how well will he chime into the current setup - how much is he already aware of being at training and seeing what the expectations on Hutch were? How much has CC already began preparing for in awareness and focus?
Stay tuned for our next match to find out! :grinning: lol

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Taaffe played 7 all his juniors it was Souths that picked illias over him, which resulted in him shifting to fullback
This makes sense given the skills he showed were 7 skills where his kicks were perfectly placed under pressure too.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just want someone who can set up a try or even a line break ffs
Something I've quoted may times before and that is
If we have better attacking options we score more automatically it will take enormous pressure off the defence,
Less defence means less pressure on the more attacking oriented halfback,
Also means it allows good defenders to cover more for the weaker defenders,
It's a chain reaction effect !

Last edited: