News ‘One of the more extraordinary tries in history’: Bulldogs star stuns with ‘amazing’ finish

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs flyer Jayden Okunbor produced one of the most remarkable tries in NRL history when he caught and put down in one motion in the final stages of their clash with the Knights.

In the last minute of the Knights’ 22-16 win, Okunbor dived for a cross-field kick from Lachlan Lewis and caught it and put it down in one, just inches from the dead-ball line to score a stunning try.

“Lewis reefs it across field and Okunbor no . . . yes he is claiming try,” Andrew Voss roared on Fox League.

“I’d like to see that again he looked like he lost it on the way down,” Steve Roach said.

This will be two millimetres inside the dead-ball line if he has scored.

“This is amazing if he has got it down. He has got it down. Has he actually caught it?

“That is one of the more extraordinary tries in rugby league history. Two hands on it and then puts it into one.

“That is about as good as you will see.”

“That is unbelievable,” Roach said.

“They have awarded it this will be amazing,” Voss interjected.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was awesome, to catch with both hands, and plant with the other. All in one motion. If you got 100 blokes to try that again it would be hard to replicate.
Running at full speed and diving like he was definitely.

I thought he was playing possum when I saw it as I thought there was no way anyone let alone him could pull that off.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Running at full speed and diving like he was definitely.

I thought he was playing possum when I saw it as I thought there was no way anyone let alone him could pull that off.
I’ve never seen that in one motion before. I’m so glad we had something to celebrate - in a good positive way.

Last edited:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
That finish was crazy good. I want another one this weekend Okka.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But how does it stack up to Ben Barbas...
Different aspects of the finish, but Barba’s Try was absolute freakish skill. I would say that’s number one. Yesterday’s was freakish too, but Barba had to work hard to pull his ‘miracle try’ off.