News ‘No guarantee at all’: Key Dogs forward ‘still in doubt’ as pack shuffle looms: Rd 10 Early Mail

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs could be without a key forward for another week after Phil Gould revealed he was “no guarantee” to take the field.

Early Mail: The Bulldogs could be without front rower Max King for another week according to Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould. The 25-year-old was a late exclusion in Round 9 due to a rib injury and there were initial fears he could be sidelined for up to a month. King was then named on Tuesday afternoon before Gould tweeted King was “still in doubt” to take the field. Franklin Pele could move into the front row in his absence, with Kurits Morrin coming on to the bench.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm surprised Pele is ready to rumble so soon after a broken arm. I say this with respect to the man. Since moving over from the shire Franklin has shown more grit and desire than he ever did at Cronulla. I was stoked when we signed him.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep..couldn't go in the Dogs game day thread
Oh no no no no no.
Imagine if DJ actually worked for someone as their media contributor f me :tearsofjoy:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes this definitely needed a new thread didn’t it.
Yep..couldn't go in the Dogs game day thread
Oh no no no no no.
Imagine if DJ actually worked for someone as their media contributor f me :tearsofjoy:
It’s not game day related.
it’s just about the players who will be playing on the day of the game.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Be interested to see the bash brothers TPJ and Pele on the field at the same time.
Gotta know when to hold 'em
Boys know they can fold 'em
And they'll never walk away
But They'll make your shit run
And you never count your chickens, when you play the Bulldogs
There'll be time enough for counting, when they sit you on your bum

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has pele got the gas to start a game he was only doing 10 minute cameos off the bench before
He's not even fit, you dont rush back a broken arm in three weeks

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the doggies can time their offloads right and push ball wide imagine doggies with Averillo and ado Carr busting teams out wide regularly.
They’ll make dreamers out of us.

Special kudos to Hayze perham who danced all of kogarah before he almost went out in touch and threw ball back inside.

That was the set where Jake Averillo went 80 to score second half,without hayze keeping that ball alive ,that try would not of happened and saints would have had a set on our line .

That’s the game changer .

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm happy they're back, if fit. I don't want them underdone, as I don't think we win with a bench of 1 or 2 if they all turn out to not be right on the day.

Really want to beat the raiders to set up a nice run to the bye. We win the next 3 games, get the bye, get some troops back and it's a nice run to August.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pele snapped the main bone in his arm in two. I find it VERY hard to believe with surgery required (even immediately) that he'd be back already.

According to Gus Gould he underwent surgery on the afternoon of 3rd of April, making it 4 weeks since surgery this Monday gone.

Surley he's no chance to be ready. Wifey broke her wrist about 4 months back, and it was 6-8 weeks + rehab/physio. That was without surgery and a simple partial crack (non distal / non radial fracture).

Max King, well depends if he required surgery. Gus initially said similar injuries were 4 weeks.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
6pm training tonight... will be good to see the boys after the weekend.

Pele was almost ready to go last week.. Good to see how Max is travelling.