News ‘No doubt’: Bulldogs can’t afford to lose to last-placed Knights in Magic Round

Tlamb

Banned
Reaction score
Is Trent Barrett the softest **** to ever coach the Bulldogs?

Can you imagine Warren Ryan saying everything was “disappointing” all the time!? fark me i bet the players feel as though they could leave a turd in his office and it would be “disappointing” fire up barrett ffs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Can you imagine Warren Ryan saying everything was “disappointing” all the time!? fark me i bet the players feel as though they could leave a turd in his office and it would be “disappointing” fire up barrett ffs
I think you need to go back and relook at some of Ryan's interviews, I recall him mentioning several times about "injury tolls" after losses and being "disappointed" in 1988 with Balmain. He was hard arse most of the time, when required, but not always.

Always a Bulldog

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kind of like that. If we are in the game I want us to win. Once they put a try or 2 on us I know we lost then might as well smash us if it means getting rid of the cancer.
I’m the same, I want them to win. But partly want something to happen that gets rid of the coach.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Love it, well said. He’s so weak when dealing with a loss. Players don’t care either. They must laugh and say “oh shit now we have to deal with Baz” :tearsofjoy:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is a Knights supporter. We have both agreed that it's going to be one of the most embarrassing games to watch. So we're going to see Doctor Strange instead.
Did you know she was a knights supporter when you married her ??

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll naturally be cheering for us to win but once it looks like the game is gone, once the Knights have scored 17 points, I wouldn't be upset if the Knights put 50 on us. The season's gone so who gives a shit because if we lose to the Knights the spoon is ours anyway

Losing by 6 points can be explained away (the usual excuses that Baz uses in his press conferences) but getting pumped by the wooden spooners is hopefully the kiss of death for Baz
Gus has already publicly stated Baz is here to stay long term. .

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I’m happy its wet weather up there I hope it absolutely pisses down on Suncorp tomorrow night. Burto better be practicing those torpedoes…BOMBS AWAY

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has already publicly stated Baz is here to stay long term. .
Mate what he says publicly and what he does privately are poles apart. I actually texted SEN the other morning and asked Andrew Webster the same question. He knows Gus pretty well and said :

“Gus doesn’t think anyone is bigger than the club. If he thinks that a change of coach is the right thing for the club he will do it. He couldn’t care less about what he has said in the past and how others will perceive it “.

So him saying Baz is our long term coach means sweet fuck all. If he punts him he will just say something like “At the time I thought he was our long term coach but things change , etc “

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it has come down to this for me - a very dejected Dogies supporter who has been supporting our beloved team passionately for the last 44 years! At times, you have to be prepared to lose a battle to win the war.
I’m ashamed to say but it’s where I’m at also.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep. But in my defence, she's not a Souths supporter... her lead Bridesmaid is, but my wife hates South Sydney as much as I do so it's all good.
I have never met a knights fan (outside game day).

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me off the office episode and his reaction to it aswell.

--

I'd like us to win as I can't stand the knights but I also want to see Baz try weasel his way out too. I'm confident they will win and win big.