News ‘It was tremendous’: Proof Josh Addo-Carr is a ‘great ambassador for rugby league’

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr has proven once again why he’s a “great ambassador for rugby league” with a generous act of kindness for his adoring fanbase.

The 27-year-old sustained a serious ankle injury in the first half of Canterbury’s heavy defeat against the Rabbitohs earlier this month. He needed to undergo surgery and isn’t expected to return until at least Round 15.

Speaking on Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast on Sunday morning, veteran rugby league reporter Phil Rothfield revealed that Addo-Carr spent 20 minutes meeting fans and signing autographs at the CommBank Stadium carpark following last weekend’s match against the Parramatta Eels.

“He’s in a moon boot, and he’s struggling with his headspace, it’s a really unfortunate long-term injury,” Rothfield explained.

“He was in the carpark at CommBank Stadium for 20 minutes with his ankle in the boot signing autographs.”

Big Sports Breakfast co-host Ray Thomas interjected: “I can vouch for that, we saw him.

“He was hobbling across towards his car and he got absolutely mobbed, and he stayed there and took every photo, signed every autograph … it was just great stuff.

“People were getting out of their cars to come and introduce themselves, it was tremendous.

“I thought, ‘Good on him’.”

Rothfield continued: “I saw him down at Cronulla mall.

“What was he doing at the mall? Signing autographs, taking selfies.

“Great ambassador for rugby league.”

On Saturday, the Bulldogs suffered a 33-20 loss to the Cronulla Sharks at Accor Stadium, subsequently sliding down to 16th on the NRL ladder.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything we miss this guy the most.
Hope we can get him back early.
We need to get some wins before our bye.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
rpund 15 he is Back? didnt they day he is on track to return earlier? get your facts right Buzz