‘I leave every door ajar’: Blues coach won’t rule out sensational move to join Gus at Dogs

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Filter is a shit coach as in worse than Barret shit, but he seems to be good with the media and maybe a good people manager. If we went that way he would need some seriously good assistants as in Ciraldo or Morris.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling he’s going to be our coach? And it’ll be announced after the origin series?

If it happens to be him, are dreams free? Could he con Joey Johns to be his assistant?

And conspiracy theory time. Fittler wants the dogs to crash after we beat them in the 04 GF. What better way then to do it from the inside.
Yeah I know you know :grinning:

Just thought it was interesting Shane was Wests 9 and Gus our coach :grinning:

Plus..some of our iconic Bulldog players.

He played for St George, Wests and Parra :grinning:
So the score sheet you posted was first grade? I knew Ellery Hanley played for Tigers, but not Magpies. Thought Gary Schofield was a Tiger too, but not sure about that.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould did bring Griffin to Penrith so Fittler might be on his way lol.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck right off freddy. Ill take flanno the cheating drug using nrl bosses cock sucker anyday over the hipster filter and his "bare feet grass walks on the field to get feel for it bullshit" our club needs a hardarse and flanno is passable at that.
Fuck right off freddy. Ill take flanno the cheating drug using nrl bosses cock sucker anyday over the hipster filter and his "bare feet grass walks on the field to get feel for it bullshit" our club needs a hardarse and flanno is passable at that.
Lol. Is that you @Paulie Gualtieri ?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
For arguments sake, let's say he does get the gig. Gus would have to imo, withdraw from all duties as a commentator/TV personnel, so he can look over Fittlers shoulder at all times. You can't have one eye on your media job and another on a below average coach that's trying to turnaround a wooden spooned team. It'd be a career killer.

And mind you, Fittler hasn't coached club for how many years now? Who cares if he's "learned from his mistakes"? The game has evolved since then and he hasn't proven shit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So the score sheet you posted was first grade? I knew Ellery Hanley played for Tigers, but not Magpies. Thought Gary Schofield was a Tiger too, but not sure about that.
I just did a screen shot.
I just did a screen shot off Rugby League Project. Can't verify any Wests info I'm afraid :grinning:

20220604_163433.jpg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Found this IGWT :grinning:

"Brilliant Great Britain Test star played wing, centre, five-eighth and lock for his country before taking over as national coach for the 1994 Ashes series. Hanley, who first toured Australia in 1984, made a stunning impact with Balmain after competing in the 1988 Ashes series. He added much-needed pace and flair to the Tigers’ backline and scored tries in each of Balmain's four sudden-death matches when the club made the grand final from equal-fifth place. Unfortunately, he was knocked senseless in a tackle by C’bury’s Terry Lamb and the Tigers lost the match. The following year Hanley signed on as a 'gun for hire' with battlers Wests. The Adidas ‘Golden Boot’ award winner as the best player in the World in 1989, the former Bradford Northern five-eighth joined Wigan on a contract reportedly worth £150,000. Hanley returned to Australia in 1992 as captain of the Lions but played less than 15 minutes of football in a minor tour match against Newcastle. He took over as captain-coach of Leeds but was the surprise choice as successor to Mal Reilly as coach of Great Britain in the 1994 Ashes series. Hanley's charges pulled off a stunning 8-4 win at Wembley in the First Test but despite persistent rumours of a comeback as a player in the deciding Third Test, he watched from the sidelines as Great Britain lost the match 23-4, and the Ashes series. Although well past his prime, Hanley signed with the ARL in 1996 and played two final seasons with the Tigers. Returning to England as coach of St Helens, he continued his stand-off with the press and was released by the club in 2000."

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For arguments sake, let's say he does get the gig. Gus would have to imo, withdraw from all duties as a commentator/TV personnel, so he can look over Fittlers shoulder at all times. You can't have one eye on your media job and another on a below average coach that's trying to turnaround a wooden spooned team. It'd be a career killer.

And mind you, Fittler hasn't coached club for how many years now? Who cares if he's "learned from his mistakes"? The game has evolved since then and he hasn't proven shit.
THIS! 100 times this! How on earth does a club allow their employees to be involved with the media on a regular basis? Gus needed to quit his media role as soon as he signed with us!

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll take Freddy any day of the week