News ‘He’s not an NRL halfback’: Buzz’s Bulldogs call amid club’s 1-3 start

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz would struggle to get a root in a brothel too. The ladies would be like "Hell no! I don't need the money that badly.."
True but the difference is our club have been paying those players to score or set up the points

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate Flanagan had enough chances.

He is going ok at the dragons but its only 4 games in and he is playing with a world class halfback.

The dragons actually signed him as a hooker. He is only playing in the halves because their first string five eighth mistook some bloke's head for a nail....
Brother re-read my post

While Flanagan was at the Dogs, he was the best half at the club....I couldn't give a shit how he is going at the Dragons now

Now that he is gone, Sexton is our best half at the club. Sexton should of been in the team since round 1

On what planet was a duo of Burton - Hutchinson combo going to work, ill never understand as they are both playing out of position

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan was the best half at the club and was fucked around

Sexton is the best half at the club now and is being fucked around

Just fucken play Sexy until the young pups are ready to play NRL

If it takes a few years, so be it....There is nothing you can do, unless Gould waves his magic wand and brings in Cleary, DCE or the likes - which is a fat chance

Hit the market with what's available, which is hopefully props
One of the many reasons Penrith got rid of Gould was to keep Nathan Cleary. You want Nathan you have to get Ivan and we know what condition will put in place.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Flanagan had enough chances, why is Burton still getting a run? Galvin has played three NRL games and is already a better half
Oh please.

As if 3 games is a big enough sample size

RXDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why does anyone listen to what Rothfield says? He has no idea, and just writes any shit that comes into his foggy little head. All summer he wrote about our "Utilities" constantly writing them off.

Has anyone noticed that our so called "Utilities" have strengthened up our middle - the same middle that was being torn to shreds last year? All winning teams base their game on defence. Yes - we are not dominating other teams, Yes - we are not getting on top of other teams. But last year they were powder puffs getting destroyed after 20 minutes.

If it was up to Rothfield, he would have someone in the team who misses tackles and leaks more points than they create. If a player creates 0 but leaks 0, we are still better than last year. Last year we had players creating 0 and leaking plenty. Hutch is definitely not the long term answer - but maybe he is what is needed now - just for the short term. It's much better being in the game at the 60th minute with a good chance to win than being gone after 20 minutes - like last year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy we aren't winning & it frustrates the shit out of me to see us languishing where we are. Pretty much from 1979 to 2016 we were in the semi finals or around them every year. If we can get close to that this year, it will be a successful year. I can see them building - it's only dipshits like Rothfield that can't.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of the many reasons Penrith got rid of Gould was to keep Nathan Cleary. You want Nathan you have to get Ivan and we know what condition will put in place.
From all reports, Gus had Bennett lined up which was not a bad option

Penrith opted for I.Cleary and it has panned out well

Who knows why Penrith got rid of Gus or if Gus left on his own accord......What has me worried is the Penrith duo we had and have on our books - Barrett and Ciraldo

Barrett flopped
Webster has gone great at the Warriors
Ciraldo - Hopefully he heads down the Webster lane and not down the Barrett tracks....I'm getting bad Barrett vibes....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont see sezur as any better than Sexton.

He should play Sexton, at least he is a half.
Probably ten years extra of experience helps.. I reckon we should have had that bulldogs junior playing alongside JR last year.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From all reports, Gus had Bennett lined up which was not a bad option

Penrith opted for I.Cleary and it has panned out well

Who knows why Penrith got rid of Gus or if Gus left on his own accord......What has me worried is the Penrith duo we had and have on our books - Barrett and Ciraldo

Barrett flopped
Webster has gone great at the Warriors
Ciraldo - Hopefully he heads down the Webster lane and not down the Barrett tracks....I'm getting bad Barrett vibes....
Like I have said previously we got the wrong Penrith asst.. Webster has a far more engaging personality..CC is a drill seargent.. will be gone at end of year...
We should have got Shane Flanno but fat Gus can't control him.. he was what we needed..
This club is light years away from sustained success if ever

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite what he writes and the beef he has with Gould, this time I think buzz is partially correct. Hutch isn’t a half and will never be one. He can’t fucking see numbers, too slow and is not creative. His only redeeming feature is defence. Ciro wont admit or see this until it’s too late and the season is 13rds deep. I seriously think we’re contending for the spoon with Newcastle and GC, but for the life of me I can’t see Dessie bringing home a spoon

if we’re bottom feeding by rd 8 or 10, I think Ciro is out

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
360 claiming Gus is starting to interfere with CC.. why won't that fat fck leave coaches alone. Wish he would get sacked. He's a cancer Gus

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I suspect buzz watches these games as drunk as a skunk.
Did he say no one wants to sign with the bulldogs because they don’t offer long-term deals.
Hey buzz why would we sign a shit player for five years?
Have another drink buzz.
Utter rubbish!!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No he's the bus driver, of course he's a half, stats must be ok, Sexty didnt get a run.
Hutch needs to talk to Hokko similar build on keeping up with the quick zip.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mr Burton has had a long enough to show his promise as a five eight.
Unfortunately success is measured around wins.
Burton is probably the best ball runner in the competition.
Burton is down the bottom in creativity as a half in the competition, he is not a genuine ball player.
He puts unnecessary and added pressure on our halfback to create because of this.
Has had more than enough chances.
Everyone is sick and tired of our season being over by Easter.
I think Matt Burton is our best player in our team but he is not a 5/8. He has become very predictable.
Time for change.