News ‘He’s been pretty frustrated’: Bulldogs back hat-trick to kickstart Addo-Carr’s season

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo is hoping Josh Addo-Carr’s return to his old stomping ground AAMI Park can ignite the speedy winger’s season.

Addo-Carr produced a breathtaking second half performance with a hat-trick of tries to put the Bulldogs in a winning position before the Storm stole the game late through a Shawn Blore try.

The 28-year-old Addo-Carr was a constant threat on the left with 243 run metres and five line breaks in an eye-catching performance.

He’s been pretty frustrated by the start to the year and a couple of injuries,” Ciraldo said.

“We want Josh just enjoying his footy, he’s happy off the field, he’s happy at training, he just needed to get a bit of space and time on the field.

“To see him come back down here at a place he did really well at and play the way he did tonight is really pleasing for us and good signs for us moving forward.

I hope he can do that every week.

“We know what Josh can do at his best when he’s on the field and getting the space that he got tonight, he’s really hard to stop.”

The Bulldogs were left deflated, not by their performance, but by the result.

Knowing his team was undermanned and had endured a rough preparation after training ground Belmore flooded during the week, Ciraldo asked for 80 minutes of effort from his players and that is what he got and it’s been a trend across their first six games.

“I think we’ve been one of the most consistent teams in terms of effort and attitude,” Ciraldo said.

“Every game they’ve turned up and competed really hard.

“While everything hasn’t gone our way, we’ve had the same effort and attitude every week, and I really hope that’s making our fans proud for them to see that.

“I do know that if we keep having that effort and attitude and learn from some of these losses and win more moments then the results will come.”

Ciraldo’s belief in the Bulldogs is growing, despite the 2-4 record.

“I hope they’re believing as much as what they’re making me believe in at the moment,” he said.

“We’re doing a lot of things right, the ladder and the scoreboard is probably the worst indicator of our performance right now.

“We’ve been really consistent in effort and attitude, we’re competing hard in games, we’re fit and when we win more moments, we’ll win more games.”

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very tough loss to take but it is what it is and that being round 6.
Felt like we were gonna run away with it and almost like a stolen 2 points.

Positives
1) it’s only round 6
2) next week we play the Nights time for pay back for 66-0 last year.
3)our attack starting to take shape.
4)Pocket dynamo Blake Taffe is back next game
5) beat the nights next week get the bye followed by tigers.
That’s what our aim should be to steady our season.

dogs still have plenty of punches yet.
This one goes 27 rounds boys.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we only have
Only Blake Taffe and Kurt Morrin back next game?
Or are we expecting Jacob Preston back or any others ?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo is hoping Josh Addo-Carr’s return to his old stomping ground AAMI Park can ignite the speedy winger’s season.

Addo-Carr produced a breathtaking second half performance with a hat-trick of tries to put the Bulldogs in a winning position before the Storm stole the game late through a Shawn Blore try.

The 28-year-old Addo-Carr was a constant threat on the left with 243 run metres and five line breaks in an eye-catching performance.

He’s been pretty frustrated by the start to the year and a couple of injuries,” Ciraldo said.

“We want Josh just enjoying his footy, he’s happy off the field, he’s happy at training, he just needed to get a bit of space and time on the field.

“To see him come back down here at a place he did really well at and play the way he did tonight is really pleasing for us and good signs for us moving forward.

I hope he can do that every week.

“We know what Josh can do at his best when he’s on the field and getting the space that he got tonight, he’s really hard to stop.”

The Bulldogs were left deflated, not by their performance, but by the result.

Knowing his team was undermanned and had endured a rough preparation after training ground Belmore flooded during the week, Ciraldo asked for 80 minutes of effort from his players and that is what he got and it’s been a trend across their first six games.

“I think we’ve been one of the most consistent teams in terms of effort and attitude,” Ciraldo said.

“Every game they’ve turned up and competed really hard.

“While everything hasn’t gone our way, we’ve had the same effort and attitude every week, and I really hope that’s making our fans proud for them to see that.

“I do know that if we keep having that effort and attitude and learn from some of these losses and win more moments then the results will come.”

Ciraldo’s belief in the Bulldogs is growing, despite the 2-4 record.

“I hope they’re believing as much as what they’re making me believe in at the moment,” he said.

“We’re doing a lot of things right, the ladder and the scoreboard is probably the worst indicator of our performance right now.

“We’ve been really consistent in effort and attitude, we’re competing hard in games, we’re fit and when we win more moments, we’ll win more games.”
True supporters must be be proud of the team's efforts and do believe in what you are doing CC...Keep up the good work !
Just one request, select a halfback at 7 :grinning:

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to admit, the fox will definitely grow on me, can see him being our top try scorer without a doubt, the pace down that edge will kill teams, and it’s only a bit of space an good passes from Kiki/Xerri and co.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We need to put him on the other side of the field. If he scores all the tries, Burton will miss all the goals if they are down the left.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have to admit, the fox will definitely grow on me, can see him being our top try scorer without a doubt, the pace down that edge will kill teams, and it’s only a bit of space an good passes from Kiki/Xerri and co.
That smoked Meaney break and that pass given was superb as Ennis would say.