News ‘Didn’t storm out’: Naden opens up on Bulldogs exit as heart to heart with Gus revealed

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No surprise to us that most of the press are ethically corrupt and seemed to be on an incentive scheme to tarnish our club.
Despite the completely impossible notion that a coach could leave one day and a player could be signed sealed and s delivered 2 days later (and play against us the very next game) it didn’t stop them reporting it that way.
You may think who cares, however the general public read these fabricated stories and it slowly but surely eats away at our brand.
So whilst another story about Naden is irritating, it is nice to see it shine a light on the original crap that was reported.

Last edited:

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Gus (Gould) sat me down and said we’ve got a lot of young centres coming through and a lot of pressure and stuff,” Naden said."

Gus identified a problem and dealt with it immediately. This should fill fans with immense confidence.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summary: You started okay, but are a ball hog with dicks for fingers recently. We have better players coming through so go find another club where you won't be playing reserve grade. KTHXBYE!!!!
Haha funny how this happens occasionally. I just wrote a post with a similar vibe, before seeing your's.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love how Gus makes it sound like he's doing them a favour, similar to the Cotric talk. What he's really saying is, "you're not good enough to be a regular starter in first grade for the bulldogs, so you best switch to a shit club like Tigers to get a regular gig. K thx bye!"
The Cotric breakup was a blessing for our club as he was on massive effin overs ...

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was joking, bro. But honestly, if he couldn't even nail down a centre spot this year in front of the two plodders I mentioned, what hope does he have? He didn't even last one full game at the Tigers before he was shifted to the wing. Lol
Sorry I couldn't tell with you. With your love for plodders it was plausible you thought Avo was a good centre. I'm glad you got one right for once

BTW, how is your crush Elliot going? Are the fans giving him any love on the Raiders forum or they dislike him as much as we do?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't tell with you. With your love for plodders it was plausible you thought Avo was a good centre. I'm glad you got one right for once

BTW, how is your crush Elliot going? Are the fans giving him any love on the Raiders forum or they dislike him as much as we do?
Lol nah, I think Avo sucks. Pretending he is good is @Mutt Dafty's schtick.

I don't know what the Raiders forum's three members think of Elliott, but I'd imagine they are pretty happy with him. He's been playing great footy and has won 5 Dally M points in his last two matches (one of which was against us). He's returning to the side this week after missing a few games with a bad case of the flu. Starting at lock. His best position. So obviously Ricky is happy with him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's give Michelle Bishop some credit for her reporting. She went to the source and found out the truth while all the other egotistic journalists Rothfield and Kent went fully cocked and blasted the Dogs insinuating it was the start of a mass exodus because of Barrett leaving.

This at least is integrity journalism

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's give Michelle Bishop some credit for her reporting. She went to the source and found out the truth while all the other egotistic journalists Rothfield and Kent went fully cocked and blasted the Dogs insinuating it was the start of a mass exodus because of Barrett leaving.

This at least is integrity journalism
She gets genuine credit for this. When she says she wanted to know what really happened so she went and asked the key person involved you can almost taste the sarcasm. Fair dinkum, where have some parts of the media gotten too when ordinary journalists feel the need to explain the basic elements of their job?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Former Bulldogs star Brent Naden has opened up on the reasons for his mid-season switch to the Tigers revealing his move in the aftermath of Trent Barrett’s sacking was coincidental.

Naden was brought to the Bulldogs by Barrett after the pair had a working relationship at the Panthers as assistant and player, sparking rumours he walked out on the Belmore club in the wake of Barrett’s axing.

However, Channel 7’s Michelle Bishop revealed on SEN radiothe heart to heart with Phil Gould that led to Naden trading the Bulldogs for the Wests Tigers.

“I wanted to get to the bottom of Brent Naden’s swift exit from the Bulldogs,” Bishop said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“It created such a stir at the time. There were headlines like ‘mass exodus’, ‘the first to go,’ ‘he stormed out in protest’ unhappy about Barrett’s departure.

“He did set the record straight yesterday and he did reveal to me that he met with Phil Gould and this is how it all unfolded in about three hours.”

Naden revealed to Bishop that Canterbury’s GM of Football Gould, told him that perhaps he would have better opportunities to play first grade regularly at the Tigers.

“Gus (Gould) sat me down and said we’ve got a lot of young centres coming through and a lot of pressure and stuff,” Naden said.

“The Tigers were interested, my manager sorted it all out and the next day I was a Tiger.

“It wasn’t because ‘Baz’ (Barrett) was leaving, it’s because there was an opportunity at the Tigers.

“I’ve got a family now. Before I probably would have stayed and fought for the spot, but now I’ve got my little family I want to set up a life for my family and my son.

“Gus said there wasn’t too much happening at the Dogs after my contract so the Tigers were the best chance.”

Bishop revealed Naden was upset about Barrett’s departure, but that was not the reason for him leaving the club in a whirlwind switch to the Tigers, who beat Canterbury in his first game at the club.

“He didn’t pack his bags and storm out in protest,” Bishop said.

“He was upset about the way it unfolded with Barrett, but it wasn’t the reason.

“I thought it was interesting to look at the fact he had a fair bit of competition at the Dogs, a few centres coming through in the lower grades and he thought about his family.

“It was just a little bit easier to move on and do his best at the Tigers.”
He was shit, glad the useless **** is gone.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More ability to give away penalties and piggyback attacking players in defence, maybe. Schoupp is Schite
Why do you defend shit in Elliot , Okonbur and yourself. Yet don’t defend a kid who is 10 games into his career ? Your a strange character at times.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why do you defend shit in Elliot , Okonbur and yourself. Yet don’t defend a kid who is 10 games into his career ? Your a strange character at times.
20 games into his career, which is sure to be a short one, because he is crap.

With the exception of Yeo, Elliott is the form backrower in the comp. I just like Okunbor's hair.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No surprise to us that most of the press are ethically corrupt and seemed to be on an incentive scheme to tarnish our club.
Despite the completely impossible notion that a coach could leave one day and a player could be signed sealed and s delivered 2 days later (and play against us the very next game) it didn’t stop them reporting it that way.
You may think who cares, however the general public read these fabricated stories and it slowly but surely eats away at our brand.
So whilst another story about Naden is irritating, it is nice to see it shine a light on the original crap that was reported.
And that is what I think it’s all about. Foxsports hacks are all morally bankrupt and hell bent on damaging our brand to discourage sponsors and players joining us. They are all fully aware of where Gould can help take us which will make it all the more satisfying when we get there.