News ‘Can’t look anywhere else’: Ennis’ passionate Bulldogs plea in huge Flanagan endorsement

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why not demand that or Bellamy and Bennett .. coach spoon teams .

whatever advantages Robinson has at end of the day he has been there almost 10 years, that squad he has built and whilst they cherry pick the best juniors at end of the day they have given debut to more players than the dogs in the last 10 years .

howver I will say this , it’s Bellamy and daylight .. he shown that he is willing to change structures and able to adapt to new rules . Robinson I fear is still using sme structures pre 6 agains
i have seen bennet can’t do any good without a roster.

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This:

Continuing on from allowing players to play the game how they wanted, Ennis recalls a conversation with Flanagan that underpinned that sentiment.

“I came out of a Bulldogs system where under Des there was a real type of game plan that I had to play to,” Ennis said.

“When I got to Cronulla, I said to Shane, ‘How do you want me to play?’

“He said ‘I want you to play the way you love playing. I want you to love the game, I want you to turn up every Saturday and look forward to playing.’

“I felt I played my best football under him.”

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have seen bennet can’t do any good without a roster.
Actually we haven’t the year the sucked at Newcastle was the Alex McKinnon incident year and tinkler was going broke and players concerned about pay packets . He has won origin series with no names and was co-coach at raiders when they made grand final

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually we haven’t the year the sucked at Newcastle was the Alex McKinnon incident year and tinkler was going broke and players concerned about pay packets . He has won origin series with no names and was co-coach at raiders when they made grand final
so what did he do with the England team? What excuse you giving him if you don’t want to talk about the knights incident

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
so what did he do with the England team? What excuse you giving him if you don’t want to talk about the knights incident
The English did not get his approach. Probably works better with Australian's who understand that culturally.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2017 World Cup runners up to Australia who were hosts and had goats such as cam smith and only lost 6-2

or does a team he coaches have to win competitions Every single year to be considered worthy

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2017 World Cup runners up to Australia who were hosts and had goats such as cam smith and only lost 6-2

or does a team he coaches have to win competitions Every single year to be considered worthy
who is he going to be runner up to? Png? Lebanon? Fiji?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had 3 years at the knights mate. Missed the finals in 2012 and 2014. Ran 7th in 2013, they made the prelim and got hammered.

Of course he is a great coach but he has always had pretty good friggen rosters at NRL level. The only average roster he had was at Newy and the best he could do was 7th in 3 years there.

But that’s smart from him. He has even admitted that great players make great coaches.

To me Bellamy is miles in front of any other coach in the last 30 years. Blokes go down there and grow another leg. Absolute genius

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All premiership winning coaches have great teams and rosters… The best coaches consistently overtime spot and develop talent to build thier teams.

Bellamy is a genius but has always coached an NRL supported club with plenty of cash and resources. He is great at turning average players into guns and good players in to the best players.

Bennett has won 7 comps at 2 different clubs (Broncs/Dragons) made pre-lims at South’s and Newcastle and a GF with South’s. He also coached Australia and Queensland with winning records.

Bellamy has coached at 1 club, had comps taken away for salary cap issues and lost as NSW coach.

They are both Goats and there is no clear winner but anyone that questions Bennetts record doesn’t know footy.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i am a believer that a coach without the cattle will struggle.
Bennet struggled with Newcastle and England
Bennett beat NSW with the worst QLD team I've ever seen.