News ‘Can’t look anywhere else’: Ennis’ passionate Bulldogs plea in huge Flanagan endorsement

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ennis is right, we can't look anywhere else.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
God help me... but I think Ennis is right about Shane Flanagan being our best option

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Robinson won 1st year at chooks with no nrl experience after coming back from super league. Wolfe has won 3 super league titles.
1 NRL title beats 3 ESL titles any day, when you are looking for a coach in the NRL. Flanagan and Green are the only 2 in the running.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Potter can get this team playing to their best ability why not give him a chance at being the permanent coach, sometimes the answer is right in front of you and you just can't see it.
I just don't think Flanagan is the answer nor is Woolfe as being successful in the U.K means nothing in the NRL, hopefully Gus picks the right person to bring the club back to what it used to be, the problem is there's not a lot to pick from.
From what I have seen in his interview Potter isn't convinced about the full burden, more importantly can we afford a trial and error coaching saga?
I'd say if we sign Flanagan it would probably be a good idea to keep Harry the Wizard as his assistant :-)

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robinson has won with SBW and Cronk
Players make coaches
Using your logic Bellamy is a bog average coach because he never won a GF without Cam Smith. Putting Cam Smith aside the GF Bellamy won where Cronk played don't count either. Putting Cronk aside Bellamy is still a dud coach because Slater was in the team.
The 4 GF Bennett won in the 90's don't count because he had Langer. 2006 doesn't count either because of Lockyer so Bennett is crap as well. All GF winning coaches must be crap because they had great players.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Using your logic Bellamy is a bog average coach because he never won a GF without Cam Smith. Putting Cam Smith aside the GF Bellamy won where Cronk played don't count either. Putting Cronk aside Bellamy is still a dud coach because Slater was in the team.
The 4 GF Bennett won in the 90's don't count because he had Langer. 2006 doesn't count either because of Lockyer so Bennett is crap as well. All GF winning coaches must be crap because they had great players.
Im talking about Robinson

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis is more irritating than . . . Everything really

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see Robinson at a weaker club.
I agree he has a talent pool that politics can hand pick for him.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm applying your logic about Robinson to all other coaches. Conclusion: Every GF winning coach is bog average.
From a coaching perspective, think it a bit different to buy players like Tedesco, Cronk, SBW, Cheese, Keary etc to bringing amazing juniors through like Bellamy did. When did the Bellamy era Storm go into the market to buy a high profile player?

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see Robinson at a weaker club.
I agree he has a talent pool that politics can hand pick for him.

why not demand that or Bellamy and Bennett .. coach spoon teams .

whatever advantages Robinson has at end of the day he has been there almost 10 years, that squad he has built and whilst they cherry pick the best juniors at end of the day they have given debut to more players than the dogs in the last 10 years .

howver I will say this , it’s Bellamy and daylight .. he shown that he is willing to change structures and able to adapt to new rules . Robinson I fear is still using sme structures pre 6 agains