News ‘Can’t look anywhere else’: Ennis’ passionate Bulldogs plea in huge Flanagan endorsement

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m starting to warm to the idea of Flanagan Snr. I think he’d be professional enough to make a call on his son. And Ennis as an assistant, or even just a consultant. Wouldn’t be the worse idea. We need old dogs players back. Ennis and Graham spring to mind. Reynolds when he returns from England. Get that dogs spirit back.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m starting to warm to the idea of Flanagan Snr. I think he’d be professional enough to make a call on his son. And Ennis as an assistant, or even just a consultant. Wouldn’t be the worse idea. We need old dogs players back. Ennis and Graham spring to mind. Reynolds when he returns from England. Get that dogs spirit back.
Yep me too.

Seems a bit of a no brainer the more you look at it. He was still having success up until the day he was suspended

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the worst idea to have Mick around.
Yep but it won’t be as a full time assistant. On too much at Fox

More just in a consulting role like he is now at Parra

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Flanno Snr definitely needed from a discipline and coaching standpoint

flanno jr will be kept though …. Needs to improve his involvement and influence on the side

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus needs let Flanno Sr know now if we interested in him before another club comes looking for him.

If he is the person then get him in now without any major input so he can simply observe and get his mind working for 2023. Potter knows he's the interim coach and can be kept on if the club wants him around.

Ennis would be good to have part of the team too, flanno did say he would pick the player best fit for the role for that week and I honestly believe him as he would be harder on his son more than anyone else.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty sure it will be Gus recruiting and not the coach..
For sure, but Gould would discuss all potentials with someone like Flanagan, especially early in the "honeymoon" period of his tenure.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For sure, but Gould would discuss all potentials with someone like Flanagan, especially early in the "honeymoon" period of his tenure.
Maybe, maybe not. Will just have to hope they agree on a lot of things because i really think it's going to be difficult for any coach to perform with Gus over their shoulder making calls.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep but it won’t be as a full time assistant. On too much at Fox

More just in a consulting role like he is now at Parra
Yeah it’s hard to give up those dream jobs. Working at fox getting paid well to talk footy with mates. Something most of us currently do for free.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Will just have to hope they agree on a lot of things because i really think it's going to be difficult for any coach to perform with Gus over their shoulder making calls.
Nothing any good is ever easy. Everywhere Gould has been coaching and or fulltime football managment has had success with premierships, Dogs, Penrith and NSW as a coach and Penrith Roosters as Footbal manager. It will be worth some pain..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing any good is ever easy. Everywhere Gould has been coaching and or fulltime football managment has had success with premierships, Dogs, Penrith and NSW as a coach and Penrith Roosters as Footbal manager. It will be worth some pain..
Good for them, still don't trust him in the least at the top levels.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus has already signalled that Flanno jnr is not the #7 going forward so I just can't see how Bulldogs hire Flanno snr as coach?

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he’s happy for us to ship Kyle off somewhere else ASAP then sign him up tomorrow. Our club isn’t gonna be a daycare centre for his petulant kid
This is right. Send Kyle to England and let him develop his game like Jackson Hastings did and only bring him back if he has improved massively

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis is one of the most agenda driven people in the media. Never has a bad word to say about people he knows, many of them have clear deficiencies. Not talking specifically about Flanno but in general.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis still loves his Dogs.. Flanagan, IMHO would be a great.. The Sharks in 2016 had a tough hard pack with a fast skilful backline.. They never gave up and always found a way to win that year ..they did it time and time again in their 16 wins in a row..and they did it mostly importantly in the biggest stage of all, the GF against a side that had been the best for almost a decade Melbourne . Their attitude and resilience reflected the Doggies of old..and Flanagan created and crafted a lot of that..

Last edited: