News ‘All the bulls**t you get about welfare’: Kent blasts Dogs for ’dropping the ball’ on Flanagan

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally i think club did stuff up by putting Flanagan to face media.. Hes under pressure and out of form..

Just put DWZ or Hopoate or Jackson as our media guys..

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pwrsonally i think club did stuff up by putting Flanagan to face media.. Hes under pressure and out of form..

Just put DWZ or Hopoate or Jackson as oir media guys..
What happened was that the media was asked who they wanted to interview. Naturally they said Flanagan after what happened on the weekend. He was the asked by the club and he agreed which I think shows some balls.

But I agree with you that I dont think the club should have allowed him to front the media especially when they knew he was getting dropped. He should have never been given the option. Imagine the friggen pressure on him now when he makes his return.

It was a stupid call by those responsible

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He has been under the guidance of the club for less than six months. He has been under the guidance of his father his whole life. Perfectly natural response to choke up at that moment, IMO. Many players get hooked at some time throughout their careers....for it to happen when his father was there watching him would have been tough. The media knew that, that's why they baited him with the question.
A lot of the blame is spread, the smart **** who thought it's a good idea for him to be interviewed, the **** rashes in the media that begged for the interview THEN crucified the club for letting them interview him and Flanno himself for not standing on his feet and giving them ammo.

I honestly want to interview for the media managers job for the dogs. I know how those scum sucking pieces of shit operate and what their agendas are.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The hypocrisy is astounding.
Roosters sack Flanno 1 year into a lengthy contract, no big deal.
Bulldogs give him a week off from first grade, we are career killers.
how long was the Rooster's contact do you think? Do you have any idea what coin Flanno is on?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The moment he started staring down and had that long pause, whoever is in charge of PR/Media should've grabbed him and took him off.

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How do they know he wasn’t spoken to prior to doing the interview and said he would be ok. Also it was mentioned he had a rib injury. Behind closed doors a lot of discussions take place and the media just report on what they assume happened.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Getting dropped is not the end of the world, Flanagan has shown that he can play much better than he has the last five weeks. Flanagan is signed for 2021, 2022 & 2023. Does anyone have a good idea what he is on?

Lewis is off contract this season and people have said here was on around $450k a season. No way Lewis will get another contact on that coin.

Wakeham is signed for 2021 & 2022 and I would think he would be close to NRL minimum?

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
how long was the Rooster's contact do you think? Do you have any idea what coin Flanno is on?
Thought it was 3 but it was for 2 years. They paid him in chook feed I reckon. Not sure what he is on with us but more than them I think. 300-400K?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can you imagine what the media reaction would have been if, on the monthly media day, the Bulldogs said that they COULDN'T talk to Kyle? They would have gone off their heads & saying that's what's wrong with the game, the clubs aren't letting their players speak to the media!

Last edited:

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Captain Hopa should have faced the media, its what a captain should do

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The moment he started staring down and had that long pause, whoever is in charge of PR/Media should've grabbed him and took him off.
That may have made it worse. He got himself together at that point and got his self management back.

He only kinda got the lump in the throat thing not a full blown tear up.

He would have been more embarrassed if lead away probably ?

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We dropped the ball in allowing Flanno to front media after getting hooked over the weekend and having a fair understanding he was being dropped to Reggies.. the media was always going to ask that question and we were always going to look bad... this despite the Rorters dropping him several times then cutting him from their roster altogether... they were at least smart enough to handle in-house as opposed to authorising a presser for a young vulnerable kid to fend for himself.

The club will need to respond and try and rationalise the situation, for all we know, the media may have requested permission to speak with the kid and he insisted to go out there and talk about it probably with good intentions with being motivated to return back to top-flight footy and the occasion maybe got him? No one knows but Flanno and the Club... either way, the club needs a response, looks f###ed up.
Club did nothing wrong, team sheet not announced until after press conference.. entirely up to the coach who plays , Media Beat up , thats all.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club did nothing wrong, team sheet not announced until after press conference.. entirely up to the coach who plays , Media Beat up , thats all.
Flanno knew he was getting dropped but chose to front media anyway. Apparently the club spoke to him in length before he agreed to and he gave no indication he would react like that.

However the media manager wasn’t aware he was dropped so that was an error in communication

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Flanno it's all good mate, Elliot came out in front of the press a month ago beating his chest and said he is putting it upon himself to protect you brother.

I've been crying ever since.....crying of laughter that is.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My two cents worth on this Flanagan breaking down issue:

He is a typical spoilt little brat who couldn't hack being hooked and now dropped. So he cried like a baby. All his life he has been told he is such a good player and the next big thing, when in reality he doesn't cut it.

He cried like a baby when the roosters let him go and told everyone about it via interviews. He told the world he is good and that the Roosters made a mistake. Well, guess what, you are not as good as you think you are and the Roosters did the right thing for their club.

Ex players came out and supported him, so he never really learnt from his Roosters axing.

We should axe him at the end of the year also.

He needs a baby rattle at his next media interview....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I didn't bother reading the article however if the media scum are claiming "welfare" then who do they think is the most responsible for destroying players? Could it be media scum digging through garbage bins looking for anything negative about a person just to get some clicks and a pay packet with no care about destroying lives? Hypocrite much or what??

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My two cents worth on this Flanagan breaking down issue:

He is a typical spoilt little brat who couldn't hack being hooked and now dropped. So he cried like a baby. All his life he has been told he is such a good player and the next big thing, when in reality he doesn't cut it.

He cried like a baby when the roosters let him go and told everyone about it via interviews. He told the world he is good and that the Roosters made a mistake. Well, guess what, you are not as good as you think you are and the Roosters did the right thing for their club.

Ex players came out and supported him, so he never really learnt from his Roosters axing.

We should axe him at the end of the year also.

He needs a baby rattle at his next media interview....
He was upset when asked about his dad ... its that simple.
He then proceeded to answer every question asked.