News ‘All the bulls**t you get about welfare’: Kent blasts Dogs for ’dropping the ball’ on Flanagan

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: someone tel those 2 dickheads no one cares what they think and to calm down before they have aneurysm. Get angry over nothing. He got emotional over his dad. He is close with him. He is struggling. Dogs did nothing wrong. Media trying to sell stories

Malla

Reaction score
Webster on sen this morning confirming what @Malla was saying. Be nice if those peanuts on fox did their homework before slaying the club
100%

And I guarantee they won't even both retracting any of it today, they will just carry on and keep spitting on the Bulldogs. Fucking hate them

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The reality is Kyle Flanagan is shit!
I remember watching him in NSW Cup and all the hype around him but never saw it, he has a weak as fuck kicking game, he is slow, he hasn't got a crisp long ball in him, he hasn't got instincts the top class halfbacks do all he has is the name Flanagan!

The Roosters realised he's a dud after 1 year why should we keep playing him to keep the media happy? Fuck that, drop him and allow him to talk to other clubs! Bulldogs can no longer be the home of duds on bloody good money... Clean out all these duds like Flanagan, Hoppa, Waddell, Britt, Ogden, Katoa etc

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was really impressed with the way Kyle dealt with the media, and I think a fair reading of it actually speaks well for the team and where they are at, despite having their backs against the wall. He is a human, and he is allowed to be one. I believe he is capable of better than he has been doing, but he needs some time at an easier level to build up his confidence again.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t blame the forwards when he is clueless with the ball in the opposition 10 meter line.
End of story

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course imagine the extra pressure now on Wakeham to perform this weekend. He was already under immense pressure to perform.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Flanagan has willingly gone to the presser and willfully lied about not knowing en was dropped and therefore creating the impression of an uncaring unprofessional club, fodder for the media - will he be around much longer?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t blame the forwards when he is clueless with the ball in the opposition 10 meter line.
End of story
Very true, I thought he was going to be the game manager our club needed, but alas, another failed signing. I now think Averillo has more potential to be a game manager than Flanno. Although he needs to improve in certain areas, he has a much better kicking game is also much faster.
Mind you I hope the panthers with the help of the media scum, don't eventually convince Burton to renege, because if he were than, God help us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Flanagan has willingly gone to the presser and willfully lied about not knowing en was dropped and therefore creating the impression of an uncaring unprofessional club, fodder for the media - will he be around much longer?
Thinking the same about that possibility. His Dad will have an opinion about that as well which further complicates the situation. Any other player, apart from Cleary, wouldnt have been asked the heartless question anyway about what his Dad thinks.

The club and coach saw something about how Kyle reacts to pressure (even tho it was a question by a press ghoul about his Dad that choked him up).

Apart from that he did ok and we don't know about the dropping from the Raiders game details.

If anything this should also put a focus on all the coaching staff and especially his team mates who everyone knows, can play much better.

If they cant at least put in fg performances after a public bagging of the teams poor results and hopeless situation, then seriously they all need to ask for releases from their contracts.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What if Kyle wanted to do it to respond to all the trash that gets talked about him by the same people here “defending him”? I’m sure we wouldn’t of forced him to do media if he wasn’t comfortable doing it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was really impressed with the way Kyle dealt with the media, and I think a fair reading of it actually speaks well for the team and where they are at, despite having their backs against the wall. He is a human, and he is allowed to be one. I believe he is capable of better than he has been doing, but he needs some time at an easier level to build up his confidence again.
With your education, what do you think of he only paused when they mentioned his dad? He didn't pause when asked by about the team.

PS I have seen this many times before over the last 25-30 years with my experiences coaching, training and playing league.

He is just another case of being the coaches son that has been protected and picked for teams/positions Just because of his dad. This is the first time daddy wasn't there to protect him and he buckled because he has NFI how to handle any pressure and be his own man.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With your education, what do you think of he only paused when they mentioned his dad? He didn't pause when asked by about the team.

PS I have seen this many times before over the last 25-30 years with my experiences coaching, training and playing league.

He is just another case of being the coaches son that has been protected and picked for teams/positions Just because of his dad. This is the first time daddy wasn't there to protect him and he buckled because he has NFI how to handle any pressure and be his own man.
It is very difficult looking on from the outside to make any certain judgements. I do note that when he was asked a few weeks ago about the prospect of his dad commentating a game he was playing in he indicated that his dad would call it like he sees it. I don't get the picture that Shane is cotton wooling Kyle.

When you consider Kyle's comments about family, I think one of his key drivers is he wants to make his old man proud, and this is a normative characteristic of a healthy attachment. The general picture we have of Shane is that he is a bit of a hard nut, but we know he helps his son with things like his goal kicking training (this was mentioned in a podcast I think, apparently they even do it at Homebush sometimes), so he loves the kid, and he's put a lot of time into him over the years to help him become a good footy player.

But Shane has also been an NRL coach, so he knows as well as anyone that if you aren't in a good headspace you are going to get wiped out there. If I was to guess I'd suggest he is talking to Kyle behind the scenes about that, rather than saying anything negative about the club.

The thing people often get wrong about depression is to see it as an injury that disables. If Kyle is genuinely having struggles with anything depression or anxiety related at the moment, that doesn't make him permanently incapacitated. With the right treatment he can actually become stronger.

True strength isn't found at the point of victory, it is found in the depth of struggle.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has Hooper’s grubby little hands all over it.

I’d assume that fox knows the team listings beforehand and he was the guy who pressed on Flanno for those questions to get a reaction!

When has a reporter asked if a player is going to be playing first grade this week...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

He has been under the guidance of the club for less than six months. He has been under the guidance of his father his whole life. Perfectly natural response to choke up at that moment, IMO. Many players get hooked at some time throughout their careers....for it to happen when his father was there watching him would have been tough. The media knew that, that's why they baited him with the question.