Search results

1. Fu Manchu

2011 Bulldogs Squad (Merged)

1: Ben Barba 2: Steve Turner 3: Daniel Rauicava 4: Josh Morris 5: Bryson Goodwin 6: Josh Reynolds 7: Trent Hodkinson 8: Aiden Tolman 9: Michael Ennis 10: Ryan Tandy 11: Andrew Ryan (c) 12: Frank Pritchard 13: David Stagg 14: Tim Browne 15: Corey Payne 16: Greg Eastwood 17...
  2. Fu Manchu

Your All Star Bulldogs Lineup

This has probably been done to death, but what's yours? (If I've made a team before, I can't find my post & there are too many archives to search thru - so anyway...) 1/ Luke Patten 2/ Hazem El Masri 3/ Chris Mortimer 4/ Darren Smith 5/ Andrew Farrar 6/ Terry Lamb (c) 7/ Steve...
  3. Fu Manchu

Your 2010 Team

1: Patten 2: Turner 3: Halatau 4: Morris 5: Goodwin 6: Roberts 7: Kimmorley 8: Hannant 9: Ennis 10: Hodgson 11: Warburton 12: Ryan (c) 13: Stagg 14: Hickey 15: Armit 16: Paea 17: Barba
  4. Fu Manchu

Bulldogs fans blamed for rampage after Monday nights game

This **** does not go on up here in sunny QLD. It appears a certain 'breed' of fan has crept into our club over the last ten years. These 'imports' need to pull their heads in or **** off. This is a great club that has been around for ever and does not welcome **** wits destroying our good...
  5. Fu Manchu

NSW Origin side for Game 2

Team they should have gone with: 1) Hayne 2) Monaghan 3) Lyon 4) Cooper 5) Williams 6) Gidley 7) Mullen 8) Stuart 9) Farah 10) Weyman 11) Creagh 12) Ryan 13) O'Donnell 14) Payten 15) Learoyd-Lahrs 16) Scott 17) Wing
  6. Fu Manchu

Ennis a pest

Seems to be a little bit more restrained so far this year.
  7. Fu Manchu

Hickey may play this week

I don't think that would help with their running style. No wonder that they are bumped & bruised.
  8. Fu Manchu

Please Explain: Hectik

Please tell me exactly what a Hecktik is. Ta.
  9. Fu Manchu

Matt Utai needs to be re-signed

I don't think he can read the play well enough defensively. They guy has been in FG for 7 years or so, how much more time does he need to work on his defence? The guy always puts too much pressure on himself - let alone the pressre from the opposition that target him. The guy is...
  10. Fu Manchu

Matt Utai needs to be re-signed

Correct. Folkes would have had strips torn from him. I can't believe that Utai is an option for us at the moment. I suppose if the game plan is to lose the game at a crucial moment from a simple handling error or missed tackle, then Utai is the man!
  11. Fu Manchu

Brett Stewart most potent No.1 in history

Talking up Wesser a bit, aren't they?
  12. Fu Manchu

state of origin teams...

Someone beat u to it. http://www.thekennel.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=62165
  13. Fu Manchu

Kids at the footy

Fairly intimidating avatar there buddy. It appears that you actually condone this type of crap.
  14. Fu Manchu

Is the end near for el masri?

Nanai needs to hit it up harder. He runs like a cupcake.
  15. Fu Manchu

He has played wing his whole career. How can he make excuses like that!
  16. Fu Manchu

Journalism or opinionism???? Here is my opinion then........... Just before halftime, El Masri was shortened after a tackle which looked as though he injured his hammy. The replacement may have had something to do with that. Utai was terrible, dropping the ball on many occasions and...
  17. Fu Manchu

Ideas to Improve

The best game I have ever seen Roberts play was when he first started for us & Folkesy played him at centre. He is an individualist that would do very well out wide. He has a sweet step & is quick on his feet. Perfect centre material. Idris has played on the wing. Here is his bio of the...
  18. Fu Manchu

Game Day Forum

Return to the old way.
  19. Fu Manchu

Andrew Ryan

Captain is just a title. In the past, I have said that Ryan should step down from the captaincy, but he was in the refs ear last night quite a bit. We also now have two natural talkers in BK & Ennis, so as far as leadership on the field goes, we are blessed in having a lot of options in that...
  20. Fu Manchu

Rnd 4 Pre-match discussion:Bulldogs v Sharks

Posted in another thread................ After watching 3 weeks of the boys running around, IMO, I think the improvements could be as follows: 1) Patten 2) Idris 3) Roberts 4) Morris 5) Goodwin 6) Stagg 7) Kimmorley 8) Hannant 9) Ennis 10) Armit 11) Eastwood 12) Ryan (C) 13)...
  21. Fu Manchu

Ideas to Improve

After watching 3 weeks of the boys running around, IMO, I think the improvements could be as follows: 1) Patten 2) Idris 3) Roberts 4) Morris 5) Goodwin 6) Stagg 7) Kimmorley 8) Hannant 9) Ennis 10) Armit 11) Eastwood 12) Ryan (C) 13) Warburton 14) Hodgson 15) Kite 16)...
  22. Fu Manchu

Jamal Idris. New Flavour of the Month.

Every up & coming youngster has this tag. It is part & parcel. He will be FOTM, just like Folau was, just like Freddy was, just like ET was. No biggie. I would be securing him for a little longer whilst the iron is hot though.........
  23. Fu Manchu

dogs vs titans

I will be there. Stoked it is so early in the season as well.
  24. Fu Manchu

Who is going to play 5/8 ?

If Roberts is in the side, I reckon centre or utility is his best option. His skills as mentioned above will be a great assesst along side Morris. He is an individualist.
  25. Fu Manchu

Roll Call: Trial Match 28/2/09 In Brisbane

I will be there. Will PM u - maybe have a brew.
  26. Fu Manchu

Michael Crocker and Greg Eastwood

Rather play with him than against him. I was never a big fan of him when he was a Rooster, but seems to have pulled his head in the last couple of seasons at Melbourne. He has also been a good luck charm for both clubs (win % with him on the field). Also with his vast experience, he would...
  27. Fu Manchu

bagging players

He is so injury prone - he is going to have a very short career I reckon. Why not cash in now whilst he can. He would be an idiot not to. He can set himself up for life earning the coin he is on in France. Yes, he left his mates in the ****. The didn't do a lot to dig themselves out of it...
  28. Fu Manchu

bagging players

I agree whole heartedly to most of your post. I believe that El Masri does cop the brunt of it (along with a select group of others - and a few that aren't with us anymore eg: Folkes) purely because of his standing in the club. I love it when people offer something to debate about - my...
  29. Fu Manchu

bagging players

Yeah, that's cool - but we all know the story (yawn). I have had to ditch a boss in unfavourable circumstances to do what is best for my family - I see where SBW is coming from. Life goes on. My point is SBW had a good year (albeit the handful of games he played). Ryan, El Masri...
  30. Fu Manchu

You can't teach this new Dog old tricks

You can't teach this new Dog old tricks January 30, 2009 For every boofhead in the NRL, there's an army of good men. For every "traitor" such as Sonny Bill Williams, there's a traditionalist such as Brett Kimmorley. When he did a runner from the Bulldogs yesterday, there was no need for...
  31. Fu Manchu

bagging players

Went missing just like everyone else. When he was there, he was our only shining light imo. He played on knowing that he wasn't even going to be there for the season. What was everyone else's excuse?
  32. Fu Manchu

bagging players

Roger that, but that would mean the whole side (Ryan included) - I did not see a player play above his weight all year (except SBW). I believe that the season should kick off on a clean slate, which means that the incumbents need to be unseated by a better player than them (as is normally...
  33. Fu Manchu

who are you to doubt el masri

He has changed his avatar though.
  34. Fu Manchu

Best Bulldogs wing combination

Probably have to agree with you there. Although Utai & El Masri hold their own.
  35. Fu Manchu

Andrew Ryan's Captaincy

With Hickey gone, move Ryan to the front row.......
  36. Fu Manchu

Andrew Ryan's Captaincy

Not taking into account last season, his win/loss ratio is worse than most of our captains. If El Masri can be questioned, why not Ryan?
  37. Fu Manchu

Name these Cartoon Characters

Here are some of the blanks, I think......... 6) Victor or Hugo - Victor & Hugo 7) Bearenstein Bears???????? 8) Ace McDuck - Duck Tales 10) Nanny - Count Duckula
  38. Fu Manchu

Aaron Groom in 2009

Folau, King, Lewis, Inglis, etc have or do play on the wing - all are representatives and all play centre and other positions. There are picked in those respective positions for the benfit of the team. My team warrants Idris on the wing. Why has Idris earnt it? How many games did he play last...
  39. Fu Manchu

Aaron Groom in 2009

See my sig. Groom was impressive in the Fiji side. Could be the spark we are after.
  40. Fu Manchu

2008 worst year ever

Are u working with a mended leg? Sounds like your year was worse than most!
  41. Fu Manchu

Michael Crocker and Greg Eastwood

I have never been a big fan of Kimmorley - but he's now my favourite halfback. Never been a big fan of Crocker - but he could be my favourite second rower. I think he would be a good aquisition. There is nothing more morale building then seeing the tough nuts lined up next to you on the...
  42. Fu Manchu

Your 2009 Team (merged)

1> Luke Patten 2> Hazem El Masri 3> Ben Roberts 4> Josh Morris 5> Jamal Idris 6> Aaron Groom 7> Brett Kimmorley 8> Ben Hannant 9> Michael Ennis 10> Michael Hodgson 11> Nick Kouparitsas 12> Andrew Ryan 13> David Stagg 14> John Kite 15> Jarrad Hickey 16> Daniel Harrison...
  43. Fu Manchu

Most Hated Players 1-4

1> Jarrad McCracken 2> PJ Marsh 3> Jason Stevens 4> Chris Walker INPO
  44. Fu Manchu

Your 2009 Team (merged)

He is. He is a second rower too. There are quite a few options with the crew we currently have to play in your second row. I wonder about your pick for Goodwin though. Each to their own. Dr Elefun is my homeboy.
  45. Fu Manchu

NRL season draw for 2009 - venues added

3 games this year for QLDer's - awesome!
  46. Fu Manchu

Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Now we are reported to be looking at signing Stagg from the Broncs. I wonder if we should have explored this option earlier, as we have signed Gordon who can play in the exact same positions, but out of the two, I much prefer Stagg.
  47. Fu Manchu

Maitua v Gordon

Merge if required......... Does anybody think that the club is contradicting itself signing a player like Gordon. His history of not being committed to the cause is well documented. We have sacked Tomato & Maitua for not sticking to the code of conduct. Why has the club bought in a player...
  48. Fu Manchu

Bulldogs to replace Reni with Broncos David Stagg

Great replacement - would give us options with his versatility & his work rate in defence would be great, a lot like Grimaldi. Origin rep to boot.
  49. Fu Manchu

Bankstown Bulls To Be Bulldogs Feeder Club

Is there room for Reserve Grade as it used to be when all teams were to provide a RG team as per club representation & still include Newtown, Norths, etc? I remeber the quality of RG (especially in the '90's) was a wonderful comp that has it all over todays standard. NYC is a great idea...
  50. Fu Manchu

Sonny Bill Out for 12 Weeks Now

At least he is consistent with time off the paddock. His teams owner will be scrutinising his investment now - he has bought himself damaged goods. Have Gasnier & $BW gone up against each other yet?
  51. Fu Manchu

Your 2009 Team (merged)

I would like to see him step up. It looks like he has the goods. He hasn't made it into too many suggested teams on this forum. He might be flying under the radar. Maybe an option for a mobile front-rower coming off the bench?
  52. Fu Manchu

Te Maari's hit

Why not play LTM or Maitua in the #4. It would a bit of a reshuffle in the backline, but with possibly great results. LTM is not consistent enough atm. Maybe #17 for LTM because of his utility value.
  53. Fu Manchu

Te Maari's hit

He is signed to play at the Dragons as of 2009.
  54. Fu Manchu

Your 2009 Team (merged)

Have you seen him play? A lot on here I believe jump on band wagons. I think he is a depth signing atm and nothing more. I hope he has a great season & that I underestimate him. Maybe he can crack FG & go on to being a major strike weapon for us. I reckon he is very similar to his brother...
  55. Fu Manchu

Your 2009 Team (merged)

I based my team on what will be our strongest towards the end of the season. I really dont think Patten will see out the season if his injury is the same as Minichellio. Maitua can make a great centre - some of the best centre three-quater combos have the strike centre & the defensive centre...
  56. Fu Manchu

Your 2009 Team (merged)

By seasons end....... 1- Josh Morris 2- Hazem El Masri 3- Jamal Idris 4- Reni Maitua 5- Matt Utai 6- Ben Barba 7- Brett Kimmorley 8- Ben Hannant 9- Michael Ennis 10- Michael Hodgson 11- Nick Kouparitsas 12- Andrew Ryan 13- Daniel Holdsworth 14- Jarrad Hickey 15- John...
  57. Fu Manchu

dogs Best trysaving tackle you have ever seen

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Dallas will never live that one down. One of my fav's is Steve Mortimer in the '79 Grand Final. Mortimer's cover defence was one of the best ever.
  58. Fu Manchu

http://www.rleague.com/db/player/p/paea_eddie/index.php Rather would have kept Taumata. Paea tackles as hard as Barba. How did Paea go for Samoa? Don't want another Joe Williams - another Souths half discard. The guy could only crack it for 4 games this year with the Bunnies. Is...
  59. Fu Manchu

Bird linked to NFL teams

Don't think Bird cares if Sharks cut him. The question is why haven't they done so already? We have all learned from Dollar Bill Squillons that the NRL is kidding themselves if they think they can stop someone doing what they want to do.
  60. Fu Manchu

The funniest thing youve seen at a bulldogs game?

I thought it was Dogs v Raiders.
  61. Fu Manchu

Mannering would be excellent. I think Warriors have their sights on him for captain after Price.
  62. Fu Manchu

5/8?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  63. Fu Manchu

greg bird

If Bird was signed, I would want Tomato back. FFS It would make a mockery of our policy to clean out the garbage.
  64. Fu Manchu

20-1 Sport Scandals

Bert Newton's head.................hahahahahahahahaha
  65. Fu Manchu

bulldogs banner

My banner says - "There once was a man named Ennis....."
  66. Fu Manchu

How is Idris playing in the indigenous team

He packed into the scrum a handful of times. Some see his future in the backrow. A nice replacement for Dollar Bill Squillions. LTM played okay. Gordon went alright, but I am still not yet convinced. Hope he goes okay. Anyone notice that Luke Goodwin was Maori coach???????? Craig Smith...
  67. Fu Manchu

Dogs to Adelaide?

For another revenue stream - yes. Just to **** the Sharks - yes. Relocation is a no go. New teams should be made from the grass roots up. Look at the failure of Nothern Eagles.
  68. Fu Manchu

Anyone care to explain

Something to do with the Fan Forum the other day???????
  69. Fu Manchu

Posts discussing content of Bulldogs Fan Forum

Was there a bit of cloak & dagger action going on?
  70. Fu Manchu

Terry Lambs Record.......

Bet he'd be up for it too......
  71. Fu Manchu

what style of football will the dogs adopt in 09

Bulldog '80 / Warriors '02 / Tigers '05 style of play.
  72. Fu Manchu

Bulldogs Members Forum

Greenberg = untested but has potential Coorey = has form and has contacts, welcome back the fold Dib = hope he has clubs best intentions at heart Successful era being which one? The years before & the lead up to 2002-04 or the chapter we are about to embark on?
  73. Fu Manchu

Is this Dazza Britt?

Love the photo though. I am not technological enough to do something like that.
  74. Fu Manchu

Bulldogs Members Forum

I would love to go but I cannot become a member as I believe I need someone to 'vouch' for me.
  75. Fu Manchu

Where Are They Now?

Last I knew, he was head of Fijian RL I think.
  76. Fu Manchu

Is this Dazza Britt?

Started in a thread: http://www.thekennel.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=55193
  77. Fu Manchu

Tsoulos Gone

Oh well.
  78. Fu Manchu

Dogs put the mongrel into Gordon

Roger that. What I am saying is that I put him in the same class of purchases as Nick & Joe. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
  79. Fu Manchu

Kimmorleys Partner For Next Year.

Have we already done this thread? Watching the Sharks has made me realise that as gifted as Kimmorley is, he is unable to guide a team single handedly. Without his foil in Seymour, he really stuggled to put the plays together. Next year, he must have the best partner possible for us to...
  80. Fu Manchu

Dogs put the mongrel into Gordon

Surely the $ figure is incorrect. Maitua is perfect for #17, so is LTM. Don't need anymore second line second rowers. Williams, Youngquest, Gordon. He may prove me wrong. I hope so.
  81. Fu Manchu

Where Are They Now?

Cheers mate. Bring back the 7's !!!!!!
  82. Fu Manchu

Where Are They Now?

I'll leave it up to you to work out.
  83. Fu Manchu

Where Are They Now?

Post count means nothing numbnuts. I've stayed out of your hair for ages mate, don't start now. While we are at it, can u come up with a thread to while away the off season on this forum?
  84. Fu Manchu

Where Are They Now?

Matua - was he the dreadie dude?
  85. Fu Manchu

Where Are They Now?

An idea for a superthread. Someone asks a name of a player that they were a fan of & what they are up to now. Thru the internerd, maybe some answers can be gained. Hope it doesn't become a stalker page though. Does anyone out there like this idea? Just the other day, I was reading...
  86. Fu Manchu

Nick talyer

Rather Dave Taylor.
  87. Fu Manchu

greatest bulldog players to only ever play at rhis great club whole career

Going by the thread starter, I am going to have to say El Masri (very hard to separate from Mortimer, very hard).
  88. Fu Manchu

bulldog coaches over the years

Gentleman Glossop.
  89. Fu Manchu

Brendan Worth

Rather James Stosic.
  90. Fu Manchu

Just read on Daryls RL site that Armit is with Sharks until 2010. http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/8957/2009_mov.htm
  91. Fu Manchu

updated rumors

What do you know? Or are you just speculating? I'm not very good at multi-quote.
  92. Fu Manchu

updated rumors

G. Miles, SBW, C. Mortimer, R. Wiki, M. Adamson, J. McCracken, C. Close, S. Rogers, etc. Not everyone, but it is a possibility.
  93. Fu Manchu

updated rumors

Wouldn't want a contract breaker - it would make a mockery of the $BW fiasco. We would lose any support we were given. If it was a player that was released - different story. I hope there is a note of sarcasm in your post-diddly-ost. How do you do that funky blue that represents...
  94. Fu Manchu

Nate Myles

Haha at Myles's head! It looks like a loaf of bread. The little fella on DOGGYDOGG's sig looks strangely like a Mini-Me-Myles!
  95. Fu Manchu

Your 2009 Team (merged)

1- Patten 2- El Masri 3- ? King ? 4- Morris 5- Utai 6- Barba 7- Kimmorley 8- Hannant 9- Ennis 10- Hodgson 11- Harrison 12- Ryan 13- Maitua 14- Kite 15- Hickey 16- Idris - used as impact player (roaming commision) 17- Roberts
  96. Fu Manchu

Look Mr Mulholland, it's Aaron Sweeney!!!

Sweeney scored an awesome solo try. Go the big marn.
  97. Fu Manchu

Was probably his dealer T. Carney hahahaha
  98. Fu Manchu

Saw the game last Saturday - it was a cracker. Sweeney is definately a player with some potential. He wouldn't look astray in a CB gersey. Jason Bulgarelli is playing pretty well this year - another player hoiked by the Raiders.
  99. Fu Manchu

Who is the Kennel gonna get behind in the Finals?

Obviously not the Rooters. I'm gonna go with the Price-led Warriors. Maybe some want to see Kimmorley, Hannant & Ennis with some GF rings on when they come next year. Thoughts?
  100. Fu Manchu

Who keeps deleting my signature??

I'll take the middle one thanx!