Search results

1. Z

News Brandon Wakeham signs two year deal

Could be why he isn’t playing this weekend
  2. Z

New rule changes - How will it affect our team?

I know Tolman isn’t the most popular player on here, but it can’t be understated how much clean up he does in the middle when we are on the backfoot. He does a lot in cover defence and is our best wrestler. With him looking like he’s not playing this weekend I have a feeling we will struggle...
  3. Z

I am impressed with what I’ve seen of our skills coach

I'm digging the positivity on here, but you guys do know these are like basic passing drills that you start doing in like junior rugby league and every team does through the grades yeah?
  4. Z

Feeling disconnected

That is based on the made up media numbers that always get thrown around. You'll notice on most of those articles they use the term "believed to be worth". Even with the James Roberts forged amendment the other year the Media only knew for sure what the amendment for Origin appearances were and...
  5. Z

Feeling disconnected

There is a reason the players salaries aren't published. From a clubs perspective, it makes it much easier to poach a player, managers aren't telling other clubs what their clients signed for because thats damaging to their negotiation value. So when a rival club goes into a negotiation they...
  6. Z

Official Cook scores a $4m payday to stay at Souths for 5 years

That's a pretty big contract for him. I'd say it is probably a little bit over what he is worth but it seems like we are running into a shortage of top tier hookers in the NRL. This year had arguably the weakest quality across the competition for Hooker form I can remember in recent years. Cook...
  7. Z

Feeling disconnected

What the fuck? Klemmer is the one who is leaving the club and somehow women are toxic. Just because you haven't accomplished anything meaningful in your life you don't need to tear down a successful business woman. She has been near the helm of something or another for the past 30 or so years...
  8. Z

Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

If he wants to leave let him leave. The question is what are the board going to get out of the knights for us to be willing to release him?
  9. Z

Official Bulldogs vs Jets NSW Cup Grand Final - Team List and Discussion Thread

Reminds me of the old delayed 4pm broadcast where you would know if the game was going to golden point because they started skipping all the ads halfway through the second half.
  10. Z

Fuck yeah! I love the Jets because the history behind them and how popular they still are. But Fuck them! Dogs are having a party!
  11. Z

Can't wait for Harper to get a good off season learning positional play and playing First Grade next season.
  12. Z

Fuck how random have Harpers turnovers been in this finals series.
  13. Z

Olive went to shit after his first grade stint
  14. Z

Didn't we get penalised for the player in the ruck that exact same way earlier?
  15. Z

Never thought Cleeland would be helping this team win with his defensive efforts rather than his attacking ones
  16. Z

Thats a hookers job. Woolford has all the skills to make it as a first grade hooker, but struggles to utilise them all consistently at the same time. I think all the time off has really held back his development.
  17. Z

Oh shit Bulldogs playing like a team that has halves
  18. Z

Fuck i don't want to blame the ref. but he did not want to give that haha. I was also about to criticise Brown, as much as i hate Frawley at least his strategy isn't always to run. Now I feel like I shouldn't make the comment.
  19. Z

Flannigans arm was under the ball when he rolled over it and Ceruto was there the rest of the time. That should be a no try, no idea why the ref sent that up as a try
  20. Z

I think you are giving him too much credit
  21. Z

Replay showed he was short. I thought the ref made the call way too quickly at first but second angle showed it was the right one.
  22. Z

This has been our NSW cup style this whole season. Bargeover on the 4th or 5th or long distance from a Cleeland run.
  23. Z

Remember everyone saying how we'd regret letting him go? 0 Regrets
  24. Z

Seems to be our strategy when it comes to giving hookers contracts
  25. Z

Ogden just monstering ***** this finals series
  26. Z

Eastwood just tackled Ceruto as he tried to come out of the in goal
  27. Z

Channel nine in NSW i believe or maybe live streamed on the NSWRL Facebook page
  28. Z

2018 NSWRL Intrust Super Cup Discussion Thread (Season Ended) PREMIERS!!

That was a crazy game. What’s going to happen with halves next week? Dragons have some really exciting players coming through.
  29. Z

Field goal attempt to eat up time?
  30. Z

Our centres and halves can attack but can’t defend for shit. Safest set ever here Dogs. No strips
  31. Z

Imagine being dumb enough to rush up on Cleeland. Dragons cup obviously didn’t do much video work. Eastwood was dead walking off field and all of a sudden is full of energy with that try haha
  32. Z

Eastwood trying to kill a teenager today.
  33. Z

Horrible call. Didn’t actually knock on even after the hand pushed the ball.
  34. Z

8 points still doesn’t feel like enough. I’d probably be a bit more confident with 14. Dogs need to go back to back here.
  35. Z

Be good to see Woolford with a proper off season this season. Can see him pushing for a bench spot if he can bulk a bit, Hooker is still a huge weak point next season. I’m excited to see To’Omaga back on.
  36. Z

Drink every time the commentary team says release. Need to hold them out here’s. We’ve struggled most times they’ve made it into our halves with their sweep play.
  37. Z

Going to have to start fining Martin for every ball he kicks out of the stadium.
  38. Z

If we get a penalty do we take the 2? Can’t see us winning a field goal shoot out
  39. Z

That’s bergamin catch may be my favourite commentary moment of the season. Still not sold on him like certain people on this forum are though. Need to barge over here again.
  40. Z

Fox with the worlds worst camera angle on the fifth there.
  41. Z

Brown still has no idea. Should have used it rather than going himself. The burrow doesn’t work when you aren’t dummy half.
  42. Z

Dogs looking better going through cleeland this half. Ogden and To’Omaga just look to have so much first grade potential. Pay needs to work then hard this off season.
  43. Z

Shoulder to shoulder my ass. He grabbed at Harper.
  44. Z

Lafai this season has been trash. Looks like Cup are playing Des Ball now that Frawley is off.
  45. Z

Harper watched the match last night.
  46. Z

I don’t understand how the Dragons have centres like Garrick and Lomax playing in Cup with Lafai starting in First Grade
  47. Z

Ceruto so lucky then. Almost fucked up on both ends of that set. Cleeland needs to step up now. Since Frawley went off we’ve basically been going through Brown. Cleeland is the half, Brown has been thrown in at Hooker, half and fullback this season. Cleeland needs to take control.
  48. Z

Dean pay in "firing line" over mad monday antics

Bennett literally held a barbecue with the players a few weeks ago to piss off the Broncos ceo and sponsors.
  49. Z

Man that was some poor defence. Sliced through easily. That’s why Browne isn’t in first grade.
  50. Z

Frawley with a fracture. He’s gone.
  51. Z

Woolford has been much better this week so far. His passing game has been far better than it was. That was a pretty one handed scoop for the penalty as I type this.
  52. Z

Shit. He’s been immense for us recently.
  53. Z

Ban anti-dogs media from Press conferences.

I mean this may just be the dumbest idea on this forum which constantly has some pretty dumb ideas. Step 1: Piss off the newspapers. Get heaps of negative press. Step 2: lose sponsers, lose casual fans, start getting more scrutiny on us from the NRL for putting the game into disrepute for...
  54. Z

Salary cap woes remain: Bulldogs boss

I like that the club isn’t jumping the gun to throw Pay another contract. This off-season should give him a chance to get the team more how he wants it and the club can judge him on his achievements next year, rather than a run of 6-7 games at the end of season.
  55. Z

Okunbor

Probably because he looks like Idris. I haven’t seen it either. Seems to be fairly easy going and that’s his problem. He has improved every season he’s been with us though and is still improving. Be interesting to see how he goes after this off season and whether they have him training as a...
  56. Z

We definitely did. I don’t know how much of that is Browne being a better player or Browne’s playstyle suiting Cleeland and bypassing Frawley a lot more. Browne is a runner and starved our halves of ball but that works for Cleeland. Also meant Frawley was basically invisible. Woolford is a...
  57. Z

News Bulldogs deal left CHN with agonising decision

Kid can’t even lock down a starting spot at his club and Pay is giving him leadership roles?
  58. Z

Yep Cerruto made like 30 metres and got a penalty and Browne ran off the penalty and after that it was all us. Shows how easily a game can be turned around by one play. At that point it looked like we were going to fade out of the game due to a beat up bench.
  59. Z

Honestly I think that win all came off that one Ceruto run. We were looking done before he got us that momentum.
  60. Z

Waiting on the Sharks to be eliminated so we can have Seggy. I can’t wait to see Harper after a proper off season with the first grade team.
  61. Z

Surely that’s game. Good effort considering injuries and HIA’s
  62. Z

Man can Frawley do anything right?
  63. Z

That’d be a knock back Wyong - Bulldogs try in first grade.
  64. Z

You can if it’s not intentional. Tony Williams basically won us a game with a juggle a few years ago.
  65. Z

Can Frawley count? Perfect chance to play for a repeat set and decides to run it to the one spot Wyong were back at.
  66. Z

If you’ve got the ball behind your back a player should be able to just grab it. That’s a joke of a call.
  67. Z

George Coorey standing up for the boys

The problem is the people who have issues with the Guys getting naked are the same ones who’d have issues with the nrl being involved in Mardi Gras. Let the boys get drunk and naked! It’s basically a footy tradition
  68. Z

18-12 3 tries to 2. Browne, Cleeland, Okunbur all scored. Our forwards are playing well. Halves are really letting them down. Okunbor scored Just before halftime while shutting down a try from Wyong. Still very close.
  69. Z

Made his debut one game years ago. Then he had a couple of seasons at the Titans and overseas. Definitely feels like we are trying to make Okonbur into an Oates like winger
  70. Z

Bulldogs sign Corey Harawira-neara

This signing really only makes sense if we are releasing a player? That’s 4 quality second rowers pushing for 2 spots.
  71. Z

Where will we finish in 2019 with our current signings?

Probably around 11-13. With a hooker and if our left side isn’t complete dogshit we may push for the 8.
  72. Z

Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

I disagree. Frawley defended well on the weekend but he did basically 0 half work and actually killed our attack a few times. If Lewis is going to be stuck doing everything either way, put JMK in who is a better defender and has better support play until Foran comes back (who could potentially...
  73. Z

Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Yeah Frawley had a superb kicking game on the weekend. One badly placed bomb and one grubber that we lost metres on. I’m glad we had that ace kicking game out there! Edit: Also those 2 kicks were his only kicks. Didn’t want to look like I was just picking his 2 bad ones. They were his only ones.
  74. Z

Has Mbye defamed the Bulldogs club?

Can confirm. There is no way this is defamation. Holy shit though do you guys have an agenda. Just be happy Mbye was willing to leave so Lewis could move up into the top 30. He could very easily have dragged his heels and kept his big contract with the Dogs where expectations were lower.
  75. Z

LL Cool J aka Harry aka Lachy Lewis on Big Sports Breaky radio 7:40am!

He reallt doesn’t seem to like the Wally connection and comparisons
  76. Z

So i thought Okunbor had been moved back to wing due to injuries, but with a back on the bench thats obviously wrong. Has the club given up on making him a backrower and are trying to make him into Oates 2.0?
  77. Z

Tapped on the shoulder to prize pooch: Lewis's rise through Bulldogs ranks

Also if he continues to shine I hope we keep him past the 2 year extension. But doubt he has any loyalty to the team and club after we told him to look elsewhere.
  78. Z

Tapped on the shoulder to prize pooch: Lewis's rise through Bulldogs ranks

Sounds like he dropped out of the top 30 by Pay after already being in it. Pay moved JMK into the top 30 during off season. And Lichaa was given a new contract. One of those 2 are probably what pushed him out.
  79. Z

Round 23 - Dogs Press Conference (feat Lewis).

Literally comparing him to one of the worst defensive halves in the competition?
  80. Z

Canterbury Bulldogs prop Aiden Tolman bounces back from injury and potential Cronulla Sharks move

The hate for Tolman on this forum has never made sense. There has never been any proof hes on a giant contract and Cronulla saw better value in him than Woods prior to his injury so he isn’t anywhere near that contract cost. And I really have to wonder how many of you have ever played footy or...
  81. Z

Bulldogs Re-sign Lachlan Lewis for 2 years.

Fox Sports when reporting we were trying to lock him down said he's been guaranteed a spot in the 2019 team. As a guess that means Pay is looking at 1: Meaney/Hoppa 6: Lewis 7: Foran/Cogger 9: JMK/Lichaa/Brown That's a pretty weak spine. If we do get Foran retired and move Lichaa on and keep...
  82. Z

Matty Johns: The must-have recruit who could spark Bulldogs attack

We lost Hodko who was on his last legs and hasn't proven to be any better since leaving the club. Hodko was the halfback who was throwing the ball to a prop on the 5th multiple times in his last season with us because he found himself out of space and out of time. Reynolds as much as I rate him...
  83. Z

Top 30 once and for all

I would guess that Lewis got an upgrade when he was moved into the top 30 and probably an extension attached that the club will announce later when there isn't as much pressure on him. He recently signed with Crown Sports Management (as did Fine) who represent a few of our other players already...
  84. Z

David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Reporter : So David if the Bulldogs needed you to move on to make Cap Space, would you? Klemmer : I wouldn't want to, but if its what the Club needs I guess I would do it. I don't want to though, but if its for the good of the club. The Kennel : Fuck this club, Fuck letting go of Woods...
  85. Z

Debutant Lachlan Lewis has right talent and temperament for struggling club, says Uncle Wally

Kid has the worst job in the NRL. Coming into a side that deserves to be at the bottom of the ladder who just got rid of the Fullback who has been directing all their play and the Prop who was expected to be the X-factor. If he looks average in this side after a few weeks you know he has potential.
  86. Z

Hoppa in Tonga game

Hoppa probably did enough in that first half to get some attention from other coaches if we need to unload him. Easily one of the top 3 for Tonga tonight. Arguably MoTM.
  87. Z

Another Cringeworthy promo ahead of the Dragons game

Will we get some articles about us being sued by Nintendo? This is actually pretty awesome though. Club knows these shit videos are what get attention these days. The marketing landscape has changed like crazy over the past 5-10 years.
  88. Z

Mbye called in Maroons camp

Not backing up our halves? The dude is our only half.
  89. Z

Mbye called in Maroons camp

When has Mbye ever been full of hot air? He's literally been the most placid dude in the media. Constantly says he'd do whatever the coach needed him to do or what the team needed him to do. He's been shopped around to help the club out and he is going for our sake. He could stay here and keep...
  90. Z

Current Board

If you bothered reading the statement from the club rather than trying to have an agenda against the board you'd see that Mbye sought a release. We won't be paying him a dime if he sought to leave his contract.
  91. Z

NRL fury as Castle moves on unscathed from Bulldogs car crash

The reason she got away with it is because she knew to get out in time. She had issues with Dib and his management of the club in the public eye and was smart enough to jump ship early before her stock plummeted. She was sadly an administrator for a club, focusing on club administration. She had...
  92. Z

Maybe I'm more rat cunning than I am admitting'

It actually seems like Hill and the Board are on the same page and that is making a difference. It always seemed Raylene and Dib were at odds with what they wanted and how they thought the club should go about things. Anderson seems to have sat down with Hill straight away and come to an...