Search results

1. Cosmo Kramer

Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

False Pretenses The issue here is the failure of many people to recognize the difference between the ignition of fire and the spread of fire. The ignition of fire refers to how it gets started. All fires require an ignition source, be it lightning, electrical faults, negligence and yes, even...
  2. Cosmo Kramer

Kennel Muso's

I play guitar - have been playing for 14 years. Also play the Greek Bouzouki, dabble in a bit of keyboard, more messing around than anything. Around 10 years ago I was so obsessed with learning Metallica songs on guitar, I saved up (as a 15 year old) and bought the ESP Ltd KH-202 Kirk Hammet...
  3. Cosmo Kramer

Bush Fires

Agreed. While no credible scientist is saying climate change starts fires, quite a few commentators (talking heads and ordinary people) are speaking as though climate change is the major factor of these fires, and many are speaking as if it ignited them. This is demonstrably the sentiment in...
  4. Cosmo Kramer

Bush Fires

What does everyone think of this meme/image? Perhaps slightly simplistic, but it does speak to the fact that many people are erroneously attributing these entire events completely to climate change. Good for political point scoring, but very mistaken and unscientific.
  5. Cosmo Kramer

What is a bachelor of arts degree?

It's a degree where upon completing 8 or so core subjects covering a range of disciplines, the student picks a major(s) or minors in specific fields such as writing, history, marketing, media etc. Some majors have vocational utility. Others will not help the applicant get a good paying job or...
  6. Cosmo Kramer

What is your job/occupation?

I'm an Accountant, public practice. Look, the work itself is repetitive and dry sometimes, but I'm a patient man and can cope with it. My goal is to operate my own accounting business soon. The amount of billing I do on an average day to clients currently is my weekly wage covered, more or...
  7. Cosmo Kramer

2019 Federal Election

To me, the ultimate question is this: Which economic school of thought do you subscribe to? A basic fact in economics is that increases in taxes and regulations can stifle productivity and consumption alike. Two successive quarters of decreased consumption and production, leading to negative...
  8. Cosmo Kramer

Lewis on Triple M

Just listened to Lachlan Lewis being interviewed on Triple M around half an hour ago. Here’s a summary: Sustained a bicep injury last week – probably as a result of his battle with Burgess. He said, “thanks Sammy, you big bugger!” Will probably take a few months to heal. Spoke about our...
  9. Cosmo Kramer

Israel Folau has Wallabies contract terminated

I get where you are coming from, Utility Half, but at the same time, Bulldogfan1 makes a fair point. Moral objectivism is the view that there exist moral facts that are true regardless of one’s opinion on them. Moral subjectivism is the view that there are no objectively true moral facts – only...
  10. Cosmo Kramer

News The million-dollar kick is yours for the taking.

I used to go to the park a few times a week back in the day with my Dad, just spending an hour kicking dozens conversions off my blue El Magic kicking tee. 30m into a target sounds easy enough. Interesting!
  11. Cosmo Kramer

Ben Barba sacked by Cowboys and facing deregistration - Consolidated Thread

Whatbaoutism? Perhaps if one is responding to a question or accusation by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue, then yes, it is whataboutism. Yet is this a case of whataboutism, or is it a matter of pointing out an inconsistency in one’s position or argument? Is there are...
  12. Cosmo Kramer

Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

Ah well. What else is there left to say?
  13. Cosmo Kramer

The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Ran into Nathan Lyon at Miranda Westfield today. (I never bother or go up to sportspeople when I see them in public, but today I decided to go say hello, after walking by him literally 4 different times in the space of 10 minutes). The way things are going, this might end up being one of the...
  14. Cosmo Kramer

Opinion Working Week vs Work/Life Balance.

Interesting question, one that has been very relevant to me lately. In January, I landed the exact job I wanted and envisioned: graduate accountant, at a local accounting firm in the suburbs (5 minute drive from home), very generous pay. Started with normal hours. Ended up doing 45+ hour work...
  15. Cosmo Kramer

Official Bulldogs - 2018 NSW Cup Premiers

Great win today, it was very pleasing. Things are definitely looking up for our club; hopefully we can once again be NRL premiers, within the next few years.
  16. Cosmo Kramer

Seeing NRL Players in Public

I was at Coles today when I heard this really familiar voice. I turned around and it was Moses Mbye, lol! It got me thinking about all the times I’ve randomly seen NRL players (especially Dogs players) over the years in public, and ones who have lived nearby to me etc. Do you bother to say hi...
  17. Cosmo Kramer

Steve Folkes passes away aged 59.

This is extremely sad news. I'm completely shocked. Rest in peace.
  18. Cosmo Kramer

Official - Hasler sacked

Reading the headline gave me a surprising and delightful feeling of relief. Almost thought it was a dream. This is nice!
  19. Cosmo Kramer

Reni and Mase on Bulldogs

Take me back to 2004 any day.
  20. Cosmo Kramer

Des Hasler is a coach defeated

Hit the nail on the head about indecision. Either cut ties with him at season's end, or take the 'wait and see' approach and most likely (barring a miracle) waste yet another year next year. I really feel for players like Jackson. All that effort, each and every week. And for what?
  21. Cosmo Kramer

Canterbury Bulldogs ready to be judged on Des Hasler re-signing.

Not only is Dib's stock market analogy disanalogous, his view on stocks is alarming. Past performance the only indicator of future results? Oh my...:fearscream:
  22. Cosmo Kramer

Margaret Court.. were the project hosts disgraceful?

Told myself I would not get involved in what inevitably turns into mud-slinging. Oh well! First, the debate will always be frivolous if each opponent takes as a starting point opposite foundations. This current debate is merely the symptom of much deeper and much more serious ones – like our...
  23. Cosmo Kramer

Round 9 - Dogs vs Raiders - Team List and Game Discussion thread.

That was the win we needed. Almost everyone stood up, and a few masterclasses as well!
  24. Cosmo Kramer

What now for Season 2017?

That thought has actually crossed my mind.
  25. Cosmo Kramer

Round 6 - Dogs vs Knights - Team List and Discussion Thread

I swear, every time Kasiano comes on he wins us a penalty
  26. Cosmo Kramer

Jason Taylor SACKED by Tigers effective immediately!

While watching yesterday's game, at around the 65th minute when they showed Jason Taylor's face, my Dad remarked "Gee, that guy looks sorry for himself!" On reflection, Taylor did indeed appear to be pale in the face. He might have known his time was up then and there.
  27. Cosmo Kramer

Bulldogs v Storm Trial - Team List and Discussion Thread

Finally the second half. No more of that damn Storm ad
  28. Cosmo Kramer

Bulldogs v Storm Trial - Team List and Discussion Thread

Now that was a pretty good try! Something seems different...can't tell exactly what it is though
  29. Cosmo Kramer

Sydney NRL clubs to lose a combined $34.1 million for 2016 season

The NRL ultimately seems to be a poorly run organization, as are many of the clubs. But when considering financial statements are annual results, you need to keep in mind things such as losses on revaluation of assets (e.g. fair value lower than carrying amount), or loss on sale of assets i.e...
  30. Cosmo Kramer

Your message to the board before Friday's meeting

My words to the board? I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like...
  31. Cosmo Kramer

Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib says Des Hasler will be coach next season, slams club legend Steve Mortime

Now I really (in a nervous way) cannot wait to see to see how it all transpires tomorrow. On the one hand, Mortimer is publicly lambasting Hasler, in such a way that it would seem the board are in agreement with his sentiment. On the other, we have Dib backing Des in a seemingly strong...
  32. Cosmo Kramer

Farewell Sam Perrett. Genuine good guy

Just one of those players who no matter what, you knew he'd give it his all. Possessed that determination you wish all players in the team had. Exciting times when he came to the club. Gave us plenty of help during his time here. In a disappointing result today, my spirits were lifted in seeing...
  33. Cosmo Kramer

Round 16 - Dogs vs Broncos - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Yeah!! What a win! I couldn't help but laugh with Kasiano's tries. Insane. And Bmoz coming back with a hat trick, making up for lost time.
  34. Cosmo Kramer

Round 12 - Dogs vs Raiders - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Came into the match expecting a comprehensive loss. Was getting excited for a while. Oh well... On another note - congratulations to Smith! It was trippy/surreal to see him play - he was only 2 years below me in primary school!
  35. Cosmo Kramer

Letter to the Bulldogs

I tried the same thing back in school, 5 years ago... Myself and a friend wrote an email which we thought was really well written; concise and valid etc. We gave some advice regarding playing strategies haha. Sent it from my school email address (i should have saved a copy before my account was...
  36. Cosmo Kramer

Join me on a walk through the minefield of Will Hopoate's decision not to play NRL on Sundays Read

Sorry if this is off topic, but his article was a little off topic anyway... I’ve always found FitzSimons a tad insufferable. He offers strident rhetoric and caricature (e.g. Sky Daddy) but offers no logically coherent argument against theism, and at best a weak strike at religion in general as...
  37. Cosmo Kramer

Round 4 - Dogs vs Souths - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread

What a game...I say it is adequate payback for last year's match. One of those games you don't forget. Just like last year's good Friday clash, this one is memorable. Remembered as the one in which we got even, one year later haha.
  38. Cosmo Kramer

Hazem's ex wife fires shots at NRL

So glad to see Hazem cleared, I always knew he was innocent. Was always my absolute favourite player growing up. I bought his signature kicking tee, used to practice conversions every day; made sure I went to his final farewell home game. Back in 2008 or so, when he launched his autobiography...
  39. Cosmo Kramer

Round 2: Dogs vs Panthers Match thread

Ah top of the ladder; feels good haha
  40. Cosmo Kramer

What a win!!! My voice is gone!!! Soward suk shiet!!! Hahahaha

Best feeling getting the win in the last few seconds, it made it that much more devastating haha. And the ref giving us a heart attack saying try then no try
  41. Cosmo Kramer

Moses Mbye Man of the Match Interview

Hahaha damn I can't believe I didn't notice it live!
  42. Cosmo Kramer

What Channel is Bulldogs vs Dragons on?

@bluewhiteangel, You can get the NRL Digital Pass app, it's $2.99 per week, but you can just do the 1 week free trial and then unsubscribe if you don't want to continue.
  43. Cosmo Kramer

The hardest farewell.

So many, but definitely Hazem, Patten and Sherwin for me. I went to the farewell game for Haz; it was actually almost exactly 6 years ago!! 30 August, 2009. I'm looking at the ticket right now...can't believe I've had it laying around for all these years.
  44. Cosmo Kramer

How/Why did you become a dogs fan?

I became a fan in around early 2003 or 04, can't remember exactly, i was around 8 years old. Every Friday night we'd turn on the tv, it'd always be on channel 9 for some reason, and more often than not the bulldogs would be playing. Blue was my favourite colour, and i always happened to watch...
  45. Cosmo Kramer

Can't believe how fast these past 10 years went. Such a horror year. I'll never forget Parramatta thrashing us 56-4...i think that was the game piggy riddel did this little post try dance after scoring...i raged hard seeing that.
  46. Cosmo Kramer

9 bias - other fans agree

I understand what they were trying to do. It had been 43 years or whatever, they felt it was fitting to make a big build up for the Souths - which would have been fine if they also gave a mention of the bulldogs! TBH, i just laughed at all the bias because i loved us being the underdogs. IT...
  47. Cosmo Kramer

Some 2004 Flashbacks

Check out this video showing how Sherwin led us to the Grand Final in 2004. How good is it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXQhi59_14
  48. Cosmo Kramer

its GF game day peeps!!!!

Yeah! Game Day! Come on dogs! I need a new premiership shirt, the last one is 10 years old!
  49. Cosmo Kramer

THE GRAND FINAL 2014 MATCH THREAD | Bulldogs v Bunnies

What'll make a win even better is knowing that everyone wrote us off...There's a Rabbittohs agenda haha, hardly any talk about the bulldogs. I think Souths will be complacent too. If we can just dominate from the start, get a good lead, keep Inglis and their halves quiet, kick out at the end of...
  50. Cosmo Kramer

THE GRAND FINAL 2014 MATCH THREAD | Bulldogs v Bunnies

Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Everyone was writing us off, no one gave us a chance! It makes it that much more sweeter! This feels way different than the 2012 GF - This one is way more exciting, this is gonna be massive!!