Search results

1. Noosa Dog

Lower grade Bulldogs stars for 2024 NRL top 30

So considering the lack of off contract quality NRL players available to the club for 2024. Who are some of the 2023 lower grade players that we all want to see get a top 30 gig in 2024? And if not top 30 then perhaps getting a run later in the 2024 as we build for 2025.
  2. Noosa Dog

Opinion 2024 Captain/leaders

Given our current predicament, who we make Captain and who provides leadership for our younger players next year will be pivotal. It appears RFM was a mistake, and Burton hasn’t really shown much either. Do we stick with two Captains? Sio Siua Taukeiaho I believe has Captained Tonga and...
  3. Noosa Dog

Opinion Contesting Kicks in the air near try line

We appear to lack an aggressive approach to contesting kicks in the air near our own try line. Last night was brutal watching Kennedy just pluck it from Perham and then also the look of confusion when they had the tap back try. Obviously it’s something they practice in training, but whatever...
  4. Noosa Dog

Opinion Bulldogs players encouraged to watch other NRL games

CC stated during the week that he would like our players to watch other NRL games, and feels this would be very beneficial for multiple reasons. I personally like this idea as our team is in a phase of developing into a good NRL side. Tonight if you watch the Eels/Broncos game you can see how...
  5. Noosa Dog

Opinion Phil Gould Longterm?

Firstly, I think Phil Gould has been a god send and you can see his great work is starting to pay off. In saying that, I get the feeling once he spends a few years in an football organization ( long enough for people to learn from him and set systems in place) he does outstay his welcome at...
  6. Noosa Dog

Opinion Left side attack without Addo-Carr

It will be interesting to see how we adjust to scoring points down the left side, especially losing Addo-Carrs’s speed and connection with Burton. Being able to capitalize on attacking in the opposition 20 ( something we have struggled with) is going to become even more important as it’s hard to...
  7. Noosa Dog

Opinion Goal Kicker 2024?

Given 2023 seems to be a year we are trying to solve a lot of our current issues and be a substantial better team in 2024, what are peoples thoughts on who will be our goal kicker. When Bulldogs teams have been successful in the past, we have always had a top shelf sharp shooter that gave you...
  8. Noosa Dog

Opinion For and Against

Sometimes it seems like not enough emphasis is placed on keeping for and against as positive as possible. In most seasons it does become relevant at the end of the year (especially now we are pushing for top 8), and yesterday we just completely let it go at the end. It was always going to be a...