Search results

1. S

Moses Mbye nominated for the 2016 Ken Stephen Medal

Well done Moses. Despite the opinions expressed by some halfwits above, the benefits of having smart, mature players that are respected publicly are obvious. And he can play. Kudos mate.
  2. S

Lafai off the mark

Failing to pass to Perrett and bombing that try is enough to earn a week out of the NRL to sit & reflect on his mistake. Poor play. I hope he returns to 2014 form soon. He was very good.
  3. S

Bob Dog's disgusted

Spectacular.
  4. S

Aiden Tolman take a bow.

Reni came back disguised as Tim Browne?
  5. S

RTS attacks Cronks legs during field goal - Double Standards?

That's not the rule though. The rule does not say "It is legal unless the kicker's leg is planted".
  6. S

Bottlegate : Police wish to speak with the following ...

I'm not worked up enough to write an essay about it. Will just leave the topic with the one word. Coins.
  7. S

Bottlegate : Police wish to speak with the following ...

Parra fans threw coins 3 years ago but their fans still feel safe at games. Why? Because there isn't perpetual outrage attached to every move made by Parra fans. The NRL and the media don't go nuts unless it's Bulldogs fans. A few waterbottles get thrown by Bulldogs fans and suddenly it's the...
  8. S

Scrap the "no ****head policy ASAP

Winning is great but not so important that we should sign arseholes who are thugs. There's more to life (and to the club) than just winning games. Kids look up to our players. Oh you're jealous that souths & the roosters hired thugs? Piss off & support those teams then.
  9. S

Dogs Disagree With Graham Grading (RLW Article)

Just because Raelene thought James' charge wasn't justified, doesn't mean we would have won if we fought it. You all know that we could have had OJ Simpson's lawyer but would still have lost - the NRL were going to make an example of us, again. Pointless to fight the charge, lose, add 2 weeks to...
  10. S

Stanley fights back after pre-season infection in shoulder

When was the last time the entire Kennel agreed on something? Is this what heaven is like? Good luck, Stanley.
  11. S

Turvey interview!! Sterlo.

Sterlo, despite having better reasons to dislike the club than most, is always pretty fair when discussing the Bulldogs. This isn't out of character for him.
  12. S

Jaycar offered to pay for Hasler to unleash at press conference

Well she can't talk about the referees without costing the club $10k. What is it that you want her to say? Criticizing the refs now runs the risk of making it look like she's trying to defend the actions of halfwits throwing bottles. And $10k.
  13. S

What happens when reynolds is healthy?

Haven't seen it. If it was in the same style as Marley's hate, it deserves the same treatment.
  14. S

Would you be happy if the Dogs tried to sign Todd Carney?

^This. The Kennel does a great job of destabilizing our own team.
  15. S

What happens when reynolds is healthy?

Show some respect. Everybody knows you don't like him - fine - but you're disrespecting the club by crapping on like that toward someone who is wearing the jersey and has shown obvious pride in it. Pull your head in.
  16. S

Curtis Rona - I'm sorry!!!!!!

So good to be rid of that clown, with his hooves instead of hands...
  17. S

NRL policy on match official comments Thu 05 Mar, 2015, 3:58pm

So is Phil Gould classed as a Penrith club official and therefore can make no comment on any refereeing decision from this point forward?
  18. S

Sam Perrett, Damien Cook, & Dale Finucane Chat With Storm TV

Sam Perrett is a surprisingly funny motherf*cker. I lol'd
  19. S

2007 Review of bulldogs rape case

That isn't the NSW Police motto - that's a US police motto, or something. The NSW Police motto is "Culpam Poena Premit Comes", which translates from latin to "Punishment follows closely behind crime's heels". This is largely the problem with our police force - they've been convinced it is their...
  20. S

Nines Training in Pics

So JMoz is the stand-in NSW captain for now? Based on this pic? (The other guys in the pic are captains of those teams, yea?)
  21. S

Angry coaches threaten to boycott conference after late rule change is signed off

I'm going to be crazy and wait until I see it before passing judgement. I'm a wild man.
  22. S

The Consolidated Cricket Thread

And all of this is before we even get started on discussing whther Kohli should have been out for obstructing the throw under the new rules... Anwar Ali was giving out for running down the pitch and obstructing the chance at a runout... Slightly different situation here but by the letter of the...
  23. S

It happens quite a lot. I included an example below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO_mZl2GAsk And I've included the Kohli/Johnson video for you to see the comparison. Both batsman think the ball is going to beat the bowler and start to move forward. The only differences between the two are...
  24. S

Wow... Just wow.... I can't even wrap my head around how this is debatable... So... I just want to get this right... You're saying that if the batsman is out of his crease, and has advanced toward the bowler in playing the shot, and is now well out of his ground, gaining an advantage both over...
  25. S

Is this hypothetical batsman batting out of his crease? If so, then I expect him to dive the f*ck out of the way if the ball goes to the bowler,otherwise he's going to get hit. Batting out of your crease carries with it risks - one of which is the bowler mowing you down while trying to run you out.
  26. S

Happens all the time. The batsman doesn't have the right to block the stmps with his body. In the past, you could argue they did have the right to block the throw with their body but it was still at the expense of wearing the incoming throw. This isn't a grey area. MJ had the right to throw...
  27. S

Yes. If the batsman is out of their crease, the bowler is totally entitled to throw at the stumps. And *SHOULD* throw it -it's part of their job. If you haven't noticed it happen before now, you'll notice it from now on. Kohli = Ganguly 2.0 ..... Buckle up, people. With the BCCI behind him...
  28. S

5 star arseclown. Seems to not understand his team can't win the series. Again. Pathetic mouthy ****.
  29. S

Free Christmas Gift

Nice one, Grubber! And nice one, Kennel. Pretty cool that everyone is like "Damn that's nice but I bet it could find a better home than me".
  30. S

Rovers sign nrl star maitua

Good luck, Reni. There are a lot of us who won't ever forget 2004.
  31. S

Dale Finucane could be squeezed from the Bulldogs

No disrespect intended to Tony but Dale is a heck of a lot bigger/more solid and hits a heck of a lot harder than Tony ever did.
  32. S

Which past players do you miss?

Martin Bella. Comedy gold. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZtQNloDrtw
  33. S

Bulldogs likely to sack Reni Maitua

I think that last sentence is really important. We don't know he did anything at this point. Innocent until proven guilty. But yea, if proven guilty, it's hard to keep him.
  34. S

Reni Maitua to return to training with Canterbury Bulldogs

I haven't read that he did anything terrible. Until then, the guy helped us win a premiership. Good enough for me.
  35. S

Sam Kasiano

Wow....Kas... I think you're great... But damn... Maybe lay off the burgers for a while... Damn....
  36. S

Ben Barba signed with Sharks

Aunty Raelene did very well with all this. We scored $250,000 and got rid of Barba's contract. In contrast, Paul White, Brisbane's CEO, cost his club $250k plus whatever they had to pay Barba.
  37. S

England vs New Zealand live thread

James was going crazy at the ref at the end. Aside from disappointment, does anybody know why?
  38. S

OFFICIAL: Brett Morris joins Bulldogs #twinning

I think this sums up the mood perfectly. http://youtu.be/0Fdb16Om40E
  39. S

Half/Hooker depth

Come home, KK.
  40. S

Jarryd Hayne - Quits Parra for NFL trial.

Sure, he's a first class athlete but you'd assume that growing up around the sport (like all his competition will have) would give you a much better feel for the game. Otherwise, wouldn't you see more Olympic sprinters ending up as receivers (or whatever position fast men play in NFL)?
  41. S

Bulldogs fined $20k

Oh you're holding yourself out to be someone with legal knowledge? Okay.
  42. S

Bulldogs fined $20k

Lawyer?
  43. S

brothers charged by police after CCTV go viral

No chance. Want a wager on it?
  44. S

'Mad' Monday article

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/bulldogs-recover-from-grand-final-defeat-with-mad-monday-celebrations/story-fni3g67w-1227081561377 Good to see the guys smiling. Check out the pic of Ennis as Graham :)
  45. S

This is what were expecting!! If BMoz Comes :)

Let's calm down with the expectations... T-Rex can probably tell you all about how not fun it is to turn up at our club and get buried in expectations. (I'm already protective of the guy and he's still a Dragon... He must remind me of someone...) But thumbs for enthusiasm.
  46. S

Is this a bad joke or are they for real??

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8917211
  47. S

Brett & Josh Morris reunited next season at Canterbury Bulldogs

lol it's not even about Isles - it's the principle :P
  48. S

Brett & Josh Morris reunited next season at Canterbury Bulldogs

See my thumbs down total, Mr I? I copped half of them for suggesting that guy a year ago. Where were you then, eh? You get a thumb down from me for not protecting a noob, then stealing his idea a year later. (But aside from that, I still think he'd be worth wasting money on... You can't teach...
  49. S

Is this a bad joke or are they for real??

For anyone who didn't see it: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/damage-is-done-nrl-response-to-sam-burgess-injuries-too-little-too-late-20141009-113i97.html
  50. S

Sharks vs dogs next year. Ennis the menace

Would like to see him get a big cheer from our fans when he takes the field at our home game. From then on, he's the enemy but I think it shows class to when fans recognize players who put in good service for a club when they return home for the first time...
  51. S

The Bulldogs Bell

Novelty car horn is genius. Have a blue & white Skyline (Monaro, Commodore, Sylvia, Evo, WRX - take your pick, kids) drive out in front of the crowd and sound the horn as it does donuts. Roy & HG once suggested that the Sydney Olympics be opened by Warnie, driving a Holden one-ton ute off a...
  52. S

Plays you would like introduced/improved for 2015

We have a thinker on our hands, gentlemen. I like this idea. A lot. It'd give fullbacks like Barba (if he ever plays there, or anywhere again) a lot to think about while waiting for that bomb to come down.
  53. S

Kennelers help

Get better friends?
  54. S

Bulldogs pledge to keep Trent Hodkinson

If that was true, and not bullsh*t, why did Trent play vs Penrith? You say the injury he suffered was against Manly - why didn't Moses replace Trent for the game against Penrith? If Moses didn't replace him against Penrith, why was he suddenly going to replace him in the gf, after having already...
  55. S

9 bias - other fans agree

^^^ This. They qualified for the GF before us and were able to buy GF tickets immediately. We had to wait an extra 24 hours before we knew. Just add it to the list of debacles... Yea.. Charge-downs... Not 6 again... My tv was lucky to survive those moments... F*ckin rage explosion....
  56. S

Blood Bin?

Maybe but is that the yardstick by how we gauge a problem? Whether fans celebrating a grand final win would have complained? He was bleeding all over the shop. Should have been taken off. The end.
  57. S

Yep, it's very important to have a good board, I agree 100%. What your example also says implicitly is that if it wasn't for the negative public image, the pressure to have a strong board wouldn't be so high. It's all well and good to say "F*ck the media, if you have a strong board it doesn't...
  58. S

Also, I think we differ in that you think this is an isolated incident and it is just Ch9 hyping up Souths. I see it as part of an ongoing campaign against our club by Ch9, with the GF just being the latest episode.
  59. S

Mate, we paid $100k to Camp Quality for that 'privilege'. You say you've been in business for a while, yet you don't understand brand association and the potential hazards/benefits of maintaining a strong public image... Anywaze, we've made our respective points, I guess. You think the media...
  60. S

Once again, we disagree. The media control the message. Yes, a strong board etc definitely helps but if the media are against you, you lose. Propaganda works.
  61. S

I fundamentally disagree with that statement. The perception of the club is directly related to what sponsorship dollars we can attract. Is your Camp Quality example relevant? Did they pay us for jersey space? I thought we donated them that space as a "community partner", as well as agreed to...
  62. S

Anyone wondering how it impacts on the club? Here's an example: Every time our captain argues a call with the referee, when the commentators interpret the call against us, it makes our captain look like he's lying to the ref/trying to manipulate the ref. When it looks like your captain is...
  63. S

Like I said, just because I expect something, doesn't mean it's enjoyable, or that it was the right thing for Ch9 to do. Also, you're ignoring the fact that Ch9 was against us the whole way through. You pretty much addressed nothing in the post, actually. Maybe take another look? I don't care...
  64. S

Disagree with you here, Cammo. I agree that it's a business and that explains why Ch9 run biased commentary but that doesn't mean we have to smile while swallowing their s**t sandwich. It was a common theme all through the finals - Ch 9 cheering home the other team, commentating from the...
  65. S

how are we all feeling today? /thoughts on the future

What utter crap. The lack of general cohesion was the result of missing Ennis. Our forwards weren't getting good ball, which meant they weren't running at the line full-tilt & copped a fair bit of punishment. Similarly, the lack of cohesion meant that Souths were able to more easily spot who was...
  66. S

Why the Bulldogs had no chance.

Somebody posted this a few weeks ago, thinking it might come in handy. They were right. http://thenicestplaceontheinter.net/ I'm not disagreeing, Mr I, but it's done & dusted. Have a hug.
  67. S

Which Jersey will you wear tomorrow?

2004 Bulldogs Premiers Tshirt. 10 years old, smells like death, wouldn't swap it for quids.
  68. S

Canterbury Bulldogs become agent 4 unity in a community plagued by fear & suspicion

The article is a combo-piece on racism in Australia, with a focus on Bulldogs fans. Compared to 99% of stuff you read, this is brilliant.
  69. S

Canterbury Bulldogs become agent 4 unity in a community plagued by fear & suspicion

Calm yourself. The article is thoughtful and on point - Muslims make up a large chunk of Bulldogs supporters and there is a definite undercurrent of racism in covering any event involving Bulldogs fans. Nobody is making it the "religions at war" - you're being a muppet.
  70. S

Canterbury Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle is the new face of rugby league

What muppet loathes Aunty? What possible reason could there be to loathe her? Sheeesh...
  71. S

Hasler Names Grand Final Side

Change thread name to "Hasler Names Most of Club In Grand Final Side".
  72. S

Des Hasler raps to get the Canterbury Bulldogs fired up

Eccentrics are awesome and they don't come much more eccentric than Des. Stay crazy, my friend.
  73. S

Music association

Thanks for explaining, mate :) Brains are interesting critters :)
  74. S

Music association

I'm not sure what prompted me to think of it but I'm glad you guys dig it :) Like you guys, normally it's something that happens naturally to me but I think this will likely work too. Synesthesia must be interesting, CK. Does it change with alcohol use, or painkillers or whatever? All the time...
  75. S

Music association

Was just thinking... (and forgive me, this is a little left field, I guess) ... you know how you associate music with certain times in your life, certain things? Well I'm going to associate this week and the upcoming grand final (and hopefully a win) with an album. http://youtu.be/1uvKwkutb5g...
  76. S

how does our big pack overwelm the bunnies big pack?

Reckon he's still not 100% but considering he's still carrying that injury, he's been rock solid in defense.
  77. S

tim browne

"The TIMINATOR!"
  78. S

South Sydney territory owned!! Lol

I'm no rich man but I have $10 if you get caught. Straight up.
  79. S

+1 on Redfern
  80. S

Well done, sir. http://youtu.be/E-WHW-QNswE
  81. S

Secret substance behind South's season

The courses don't establish that the religions are 'true', they accurately teach the content/culture of those religions. There's a difference.
  82. S

Ennis out by the looks of it

Ouch. Too soon.
  83. S

Reynolds brain snap,again

I guess a lot of people disagree with you, likeadoggy. Maybe just get over it and try to be positive about the team for the week instead? It's a long off-season with plenty of time for negativity, if that's what you're into.
  84. S

Ennis says he'll be ready for the GF

Des sang Glory Glory to South Sydney?
  85. S

Bad luck channel 9!

Another week, another win and another pitifully biased call of the game. At half time, Wally was "thankful" Penrith scored and Fitler was laughing about how biased they were, saying "How good are we"?
  86. S

Time to jamb it up all the negative posters

It'd be nice if all threads & comments were positive this week. Leave the coaching and criticizing to the experts and do what we do best - love the team.
  87. S

THE GRAND FINAL 2014 MATCH THREAD | Bulldogs v Bunnies

That was staunch. That feeling :)
  88. S

MATCH THREAD | Preliminary Final | Bulldogs vs Panthers

Wally Lewis - "Thankfully, Penrith scored to get back in the game" Brad Fitler (laughing about the bias commentary) - "How good are we?"
  89. S

I used to live in Newcastle and it was pretty common to run into Joey at the pub. My favorite sighting was at about 7am. My mates & I were still up from the previous night and gave Joey an ironic cheer as he walked off in the direction of the local brothel. On his way back, about an hour later...
  90. S

Joey is a wanker but credit where it's due, that was sharp analysis...