Search results

1. B

News Canterbury backrower Viliame Kikau says Bulldogs won’t be the club to milk obstruction penalties

We're not a smart enough team to even try and milk them, no way we would get one of these if we tried to milk it anyway, Hell, we can't even get a black and white tackled in the air penalty we'd probably end up with a player binned for tackling a defender without the ball.
  2. B

News NRL drops referee

It was Soward running into Eastwood before the Idris try, and it cost us the minor premiership, Hazems 300th game too, fucking cat in the hat son of a bitch milked it for all he could and Clark was happy to bend us over. Plenty more I have in mind too, does anyone remember the major and minor...
  3. B

Tech Help

X video downloader https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/dknlpoinnbnmbocobocfmbanemkpmpac Addon for Chrome and opera that can do it, reviews are recent and look good. never tried it myself so can't verify it works.
  4. B

Worst Bulldogs team in 30 years - DEBATE

We were never down for long back then, this death spiral feels like it's taking forever to crash and burn, year after year of shit is the big difference between now and then IMO.
  5. B

Sexton

Holy shit, a win is a win, but which one of you cowards shit my pants
  6. B

No One Said Sorry

The coach, Gus and anyone else with an opinion has been telling them they aren't good enough and that we'll be the shitckickers of the comp for years to come, when they are expected to fail by even the people who should be building them up and improving them then they don't even need excuses...
  7. B

Lose lose situation

I'd be happy to see the team look like they want to be there, an improved performance would be great, but all I'm hoping for is an improvement in attitude - just start competing for everything for fucks sake.
  8. B

Round 18 Bulldog V Knight

Stopped watching just after half time, best decision for my mental health, we can make anyone look like a world beater
  9. B

That Nelson call

What is the justification for the new interpretation, besides another grey area to screw someone over when it suits them?
  10. B

Opinion Very Interesting Game Tonight …

Fair dinkum counted to 5 a couple of times after the held call before the Warriors peeled off, we were shit but the officials were worse.
  11. B

Opinion Very Interesting Game Tonight …

They won't improve if they are above reproach, I can't blame them solely - if they weren't doing the bidding of their masters then they wouldn't be getting picked every week. Some of those calls by the bunker make absolutely no sense, long time footy fabs shouldn't be left scratching their heads...
  12. B

News 'I beg your pardon': Fuming referee explodes at Bulldogs firebrand Josh Reynolds

Heard plenty worse from plenty of players, but no one got their panties in a twist quite as tightly as Atkins did yesterday, someone else pointed out that he actually starts to say "go away I'm not speaking to you ever again" before he corrects himself, definitely sounds like it. Lacks the...
  13. B

Nrlol first ever NFL block play

He was looking to offload, ball is fair game, can't believe how they carried on about that without ever mentioning the obvious loose carry.
  14. B

Official Round 4 Vs Warrior

Back 5 kept us in it, pack and halves were taking the piss. Mahoney tried hard but couldn't carry the load.
  15. B

Most satisfying Bulldogs game watched live at the Ground, not including GF's

Never before or again have I felt such a buzz in the crowd as when we started turning that one around, so many had given up and left the ground, then came scurrying back to their seats once they got in the car and turned the radio on. Feel sorry for anyone who left early that day.
  16. B

News Ciraldo urges Bulldogs to add more edge to their game

Me too, 2 trials and 1 comp game and I'm not sure what it is we are trying to put together. What is it supposed to look like when or if it clicks?
  17. B

Last Dead Last

Nah, no doubt the boys are more than capable of disappointing me again, at least consistency isn't one of our many problems.
  18. B

Last Dead Last

I'm not worried we lost, I'm worried we looked lost, seemed to have no game plan and were the worst team by a fair margin over the weekend. At least the Dragons are back this round, I'm pretty confident they'll be shitter than us.
  19. B

News ‘I regret not coming back earlier’: SBW opens up on emotional Bulldogs homecoming

Pretty close, not his name but there is a definition of growth that fits pretty well: a tumour or other abnormal formation
  20. B

Rumour Angus Crichton

Roosters fan at work was squawking about this a couple of weeks ago, claimed to hear it from her nephew that he had fried his brain on shrooms. Don't know a lot about bipolar disorder, but drug use can be a cause of it or caused by it in equal measure from the little I've heard / read.
  21. B

Where will we finish - on the record

My pick too, 6th, with a vastly improved defence the catalyst for the rise.
  22. B

Off season scandal predictions

That is brutal I'll throw another vote to Schoupp getting fired up against some random.
  23. B

News Ricky Stuart lashes out at Jaemon Salmon

Can't stop thinking of this old ad after those comments
  24. B

Opinion Schoupp passing to Fox

Said these exact words during the game
  25. B

NRL corruption caught on live tv

I think a lot of the frustration stems from this, but the flip side black and white has been demonstrably worse in the past so I guess it's a no win situation for them. This instance is one of the few where seemingly all fans agree it should never happen so I can understand the media and fans...
  26. B

That's not how I understood Annesly justified it, he claims the challenge was justified because the penalty is a structured restart, but the penalty can't exist without the challenge, making the entire thing nonsensical. I guess it will all come out in the wash, this calamity will be picked...
  27. B

He didn't even apologise, actually refused to do so and said something about not apologising for accidents. Turned a can of worms into a fucking shitshow with that press conference, rules aren't black and white, some aren't written down and some more open to interpretation than others, said in...
  28. B

So you can only challenge for a structured restart. So the challenge was allowed because the resulting penalty is a structured restart But without the challenge there is no penalty, what in the actual fuck are they trying to say? This circular logic is infuriating.
  29. B

Opinion Biggest wanker

Whichever one of them is talking
  30. B

Seen us cop some absolute bullshit, that's up there with the worst and no surprise to hear the clown Klein as the voice of insanity and stupidity
  31. B

Official Matt Burton targeted by Kwee Lan

Kwee lan, nice No doubt they targeted him, take it as a badge of honour - 1 game in and they're shitting themselves about him.
  32. B

News Matt Lodge

Well, supporting the Chooks doesn't help, but don't be so down on yourself.
  33. B

Bulldogs photo memories

Me too, with my Parra supporting best mate and my Tiger supporting brother, even they still remember that one clearly.
  34. B

Off the bottom of the ladder!!

Holy shit, gotta celebrate when we can, 30 point win over a top 4 contender, did not think we could win another game all year for a while now. Boys did themselves proud today.
  35. B

Opinion Potter should be our coach!

Remember reading that, shocked me a little
  36. B

News Forgiveness is powerful': Danny Abdallah's inspiring Bulldogs address

That man and his family have far more than me, strength that is, I don't think I could face what they had to and come out with such a perspective.
  37. B

Graham and Ennis

Enough deadshits have worn this jersey over the last few years, maybe if we had a hard nosed **** in charge the young guys like Averillo wouldn't be as soft as a pillow physically and mentally.
  38. B

News Wakeham Suspended for Gouging

We're probably at least close to rock bottom by now, there's really not much more that can go wrong on field, just a few off field dramas to come most likely. I know it doesn't sound like a positive, but that's as close as I can get to one ATM.
  39. B

News Wakeham Suspended for Gouging

I've seen some dumb shit in my time, this goes on that list.
  40. B

The Canterbury 4

It's also why Mal Meninga was so bitter after retiring prior to it, anyone else remember the "Rugby League has done nothing for me" interview - he saw the money being thrown at blokes like that and probably didn't even have that in the bank at the end of his playing days.
  41. B

The Canterbury 4

So many players got a big sign on bonus from both sides of the war, the courts ruled they were signed under duress as the players were pushed to sign then and there without any opportunity to have any legal reps examine the contracts, the 4 were among many to sign with Super League - pocket the...
  42. B

Official Worst performance I have ever watch

Worst team I've ever seen, sadly
  43. B

The JAC knock on

Would be sent upstairs with most other teams, but never with the Dogs and Cummins horror show, he called knock on straight away so we could never have been awarded a try no matter what the bunker saw
  44. B

hooray

I hate this, but it's 100% true
  45. B

Opinion Averillo

Kiraz beat more blokes with the ball in 1 game than this bloke has his whole career
  46. B

Surely Ben Cummins & the dumb Video ref get dropped?

Heard him calling the Roosters players out time after time, but no restarts or penalties, we'd have had at least 1 in the bin at that point
  47. B

Opinion More fun than predicting a team

2 and 3 are gonna be tight, but I think 3 is the most likely
  48. B

Opinion Game Changer

I just saw business as usual, effort leads to nothing and we inevitably fold, we should be used to it by now
  49. B

Opinion How will Flanagan go today?

No complaints, did his job in defence and with the ball. Definitely an improvement from last year.
  50. B

Luke Brooks

All the skills and no game sense at all, last week he pretty much just ignored the gale force winds and kicked the pill all over the place - this week he had Maumalo with a 1ft advantage over Thompson who had a busted hand and I think he kicked to that wing twice, took the 2 when they were up by...
  51. B

Broncos should’ve had 2 tries Disallowed

Only thing I can say with certainty is if these were scored by us there would be no debate, the ref would have sent them up as no try and the bunker would have backed the call.
  52. B

News ‘You can’t do that’: Barrett demands answers over ‘contentious’ Broncos tries

Sad to say but he needed to hit the deck to make it obvious. Flail around, carry on like Mitch Moses or DCE, hit the ground waving like a drowning man and the try is disallowed, he did himself credit to keep his feet and try to cover but the offence was clear as day and should have been picked up.
  53. B

Opinion Bias in the NRL

The stats are cumulative from 2006, I'd be willing to bet the ratio remains relatively the same year on year, no matter how good or bad we're going you can bet Cummins and the Suttons found us at fault far more than any of our opposition, and not just for penalties - forward passes, knock ons...
  54. B

News NRL set to grill Bulldogs over Jeremy Marshall-King HIA controversy

Us, last year, Jackson binned on I think the 3rd penalty of the game. I honestly haven't seen another team cop it after a few offsides like we have at least twice.
  55. B

The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

It was good to see Jackson calling it out, sick of seeing us pinged for something they get away with Thank fuck they didn't.
  56. B

The Positives

New faces, same old shit
  57. B

News Blake Ferguson arrested in Japan with nose candy

This is ageing well, I guess a prison sentence isn't nothing for Finchy and Fergo.
  58. B

Opinion Who Are You?

59. B

Crypto currency

Been on Audius, Doge, Vet and a few others for a while. Sold a bunch of Shib for a decent profit just before the big jump, but have held the others through high and low for a nice return so far - up about 50% on my investment with todays prices.
  60. B

News Gus’ $5.6m splurge just put the squeeze on the Dogs and left four stars looking over their shoulders

Step One - Hire the salary cap auditor to juggle your books for you, he knows better than anyone how to play the system.
  61. B

The bulldogs have identified the staffer who leaked the kikau pic

I'd guess taking a pic of security footage and leaking it might be grounds for termination, and they need a head to roll to save face, it's as equal as any in that regard I think. If they want you to stay you can be forgiven for breaking the rules and if they want you gone they will look for a...
  62. B

Panthers fume as Bulldogs launch probe into leaked Kikau picture

As funny as Manly celebrating their win by sacking the coach because of us.
  63. B

Official Asiata ‘won’t be at Bulldogs next year’ if he can’t fulfil contract: CEO

I thought the same, but it appears there are no vaccine requirements for construction sites in NSW now. https://www.mbansw.asn.au/construction-re-opening-faqs
  64. B

James Tedesco branded racist

Low effort and low IQ slur if it's true, wouldn't surprise me either way.
  65. B

Cronk opinion on Napa

Cronk has never player in a team that adheres to the salary cap, he wouldn't know what most players have to go through without a team full of superstars backing him up. As an aside, I think he's a boring commentator/expert with all the insight of a drunk Blocker Roach
  66. B

News Geoff Robinson - time to help out

Same, appreciate the opportunity to pass on my best wishes to a legend and let his family know we remember the good times he gave us.
  67. B

John Hopoate Instagram

I'd be more worried if Hoppa Sr. was praising the club, the guys a turd of the highest order, I worked with a chick who went to school with him, described him as the biggest piece of shit she has ever met - including her ex who apparently beat the shit out of her more than once.
  68. B

Apologies

Sorry for thinking this year would be better than last, won't make that mistake again.... but I think next year will be better
  69. B

The Josh Jackson appreciation thread...

I'll never criticize his effort, but he needs to get a little Can Smith in his captaincy, he should be hammering the refs for the shit they deal up to us week after week
  70. B

News The rule change set to transform the NRL kicking game forever

Good on Welch for speaking out, leave it alone FFS, I've never had less interest in the game than I do right now, not only are they piss farting around with irrelevant shit that does nothing to add to the contest but they ignore rules that have been a big part of the game for seemingly no...
  71. B

Official Katoa NO CHARGE

Just another in a long list of Bulldogs players penalised and placed on report on field but not charged by the MRC, they even got to take a try off us for this one.
  72. B

Would you want Gutherson at the club?

Fucking loved that, much better than hugs and high-fives after every shit effort and cluster-fuck error, we haven't had someone on the field holding other blokes accountable for their mistakes since Graham left.
  73. B

Why are referees caning us so bad this season

Can't disagree that some of our players give the refs no choice but to punish them, but how many of our players have been involved in a push and shove that resulted in a penalty to us? We get penalised every time, but not one in return. How many teams, besides us, have had their captain...
  74. B

Official Round 19 Bulldogs V Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

FMD I can't watch another minute of this shit, for the first time ever I just can't watch. Some of the dumbest and most useless ***** I've ever seen, with Napa leading the pack.
  75. B

News ‘Not NRL’: Fans unleash on Bulldogs after Manly obliteration

Have we finally made it? Is this rock bottom?
  76. B

Dean "Bulldog" Ritchie takes a big swipe at the Bulldogs

If the scumbag manages to crawl out of the gutter maybe the dogs will throw him a bone, or he can just keep eating his way to an early grave, or both, when it comes to News LTD I really don't give a fuck.
  77. B

Dogs to knock off the eels next week

I might have a flutter without too much hope, Eels are going to be much tougher than the Dragons, but the boys won me nearly $2500 on the weekend with $100 on the 13+ win and another $100 on the Averillo tryscorer/Dogs win, with another $285 early collect on a 1-12 win - so I don't mind risking...
  78. B

Official RD22 Warriors vs Bulldogs in Auckland!

They have rigged it - they're sending us, don't really need to do much more.
  79. B

Best Weekend For A While

My liver definitely needed the break
  80. B

News Bulldogs Mid Season Ranking Review

Hoppa looks gassed and plays like it from kick off to the full time siren, been a fan of his for most of his time here but the bloke is so frustrating to watch and as far off the pace as anyone else in the team under the new rules - he can't even get a clean pass away anymore.
  81. B

Matt Burton consolidated thread

Seems like a good kid and it would be some sweet fucking karma if they lost their star back-up half to the blues squad this year, they may be flying high at the moment but all they've really achieved so far is a mention in the "best team to never win a comp" conversations, pressure will be...
  82. B

Panthers next week. what’s your score prediction?

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that
  83. B

Panthers next week. what’s your score prediction?

Hopefully we can get enough players binned to have the game abandoned some time in the first half. It's the only way we don't get done by 60+.
  84. B

Winning run?

Managed to pick our only win so far Lost $50 of that vs Parra, but I'm going again, I think we're a chance of snagging this one too - but a winning run? I'd love to see it.
  85. B

NRL Release Stats That Blow Player Fatigue Argument Out Of The Water

Can't be true, fatigue is obviously measured through the use of a complex and objective algorithm and not based on the "feelings" of players. You might think you see teams on their haunches and obviously gassed anywhere from 10-20mins in, but it's just an illusion and we're all fucking idiots...
  86. B

Your Review of Each Round

This thread is fucking gold
  87. B

Opinion They should be embarrassed

We had it won, it took a monumental amount of stupid to throw that one away, I don't think any other team could have thrown a win a way as easily as we did.
  88. B

DUDS WITH STUDS

Could be Trents fulltime address
  89. B

Wolves in sheep skin !

I can't recall who else got the clause about entry to the unified comp, I know Brisbane definitely did and I'm sure there were at least 3 or 4 others. I believe the lawsuit wasn't finalised until well after the war was over, we were never going to be at risk from the criteria but the legal...
  90. B

Wolves in sheep skin !

The lawsuit was actually based around the fact that we had to meet the entry criteria to the unified comp, at the time of signing with SL we and several other clubs were guaranteed entry to any future unified comp as part of the contract. The fact we had to meet the criteria and risk failing it...
  91. B

2021 Bulldogs. Is this thr worst team we have ever had?

Way too many heartless, low IQ players who seemingly can't compete with anyone with or without the ball,
  92. B

Zac Cini

Distantly related to the kid, glad his debut went well
  93. B

Talakai hit

Not arguing with you - just pointing out, Hetherington also got put on report, cautioned and penalised by the ref for missing with a shoulder charge attempt, it took video ref intervention for us to get a penalty to go our way for blatant foul play.
  94. B

Talakai hit

We won, so I'm happy with that, But that was one of the worst ref performances against us this year, I don't think we got a set restart or penalty on the run for the first 60mins - we got a couple of calls from the video ref but nothing from the whistle. The Talakai hit was blatant, but no...
  95. B

When exactly did we become worse than the Sharks ?

Definitely an upgrade over Hoppa, but one of those inflatable waving arm guys would be too
  96. B

Opinion Some Positives Jake Averilo Slowly Improving

Timid and out of place, could be the teams fault or he's just not up to it, he's not doing us much good in defence or attack right now and I'd be happy if he can step up - I just don't see it happening unfortunately.