Search results

1. fobsicle

Earthquake in Samoa

8.3 earthquake off Samoa, tsunami flattened villages. :(
  2. fobsicle

Bloc Party

Hordern Pavillion, Tuesday November 25th Tix on sale Thurs. Anyone going? I missed out on tickets last year so I'm pumped to get in this time.
  3. fobsicle

Union Test Match thread

A general one for non-tri nats matches, the ones no one really cares about. Pretty much a thread for me to post the teams for AB's v Manu Sa :p New Zealand 1- Tony Woodcock, 2 - Andrew Hore, 3 - Greg Somerville, 4 - Anthony Boric, 5 - Ali Williams, 6 - Jerome Kaino, 7 - Adam Thomson, 8 -...
  4. fobsicle

Opinions please!

Does the Does the growing Pacific Islander dominance of rugby codes have a beneficial impact on both the game and the wider Pacific Island community? So this is my topic for my personal interest project (society and culture). I know you Kennel folk aren't afraid to voice your opinions so this...
  5. fobsicle

Six Nations Discussion.

We need a thread imo. Are we seeing a resurgence in Welsh rugby? I hope so, I love the Welsh team and wish someone other than France would challenge the English.
  6. fobsicle

Sir Edmund Hillary dies

Sir Edmund Hillary dies Friday Jan 11 10:00 AEDT Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb the world's highest mountain Mount Everest, died early this morning at the age of 88, New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark said. Hillary, who with Sherpa Tenzing Norgay reached the summit of the...
  7. fobsicle

07 Netball World Cup Thread

Probably won't be much interest on here but I'm pumped! Obviously it'll be a Australia v NZ final, with England, Jamaica, South Africa, Fiji and hopefully Samoa fighting for top 6 positions. imo Australia will (unfortunately) win, NZ aren't the same without Davu.
  8. fobsicle

Children collapse after taking ecstasy in school

Three primary school children were rushed to hospital yesterday after chewing up to 10 ecstasy tablets they believed were lollies. A girl, 11, and two boys, both 10, took the prohibited substances in the playground during lunch break at Windang Public School, south of Wollongong on the NSW...
  9. fobsicle

5 things you hope to see in the finals.

So the pool stage ends this weekend and quarters starting next week. What are you lot looking forward to? Mine: -Lote Tuqiri to actually score a try (not likely) -Chabal and Jerry Collins match up in the quarters! (imo France are most likely to come 2nd) -Tonga to make the quarters and...
  10. fobsicle

Summer Heights High

anyone watch it? i loved we can be heroes so i was sure to catch it tonight. i loved it tbh :p
  11. fobsicle

All Blacks Worried: Kearns

Former Australia captain Phil Kearns has said World Cup favourites New Zealand "are starting to worry" ahead of the tournament. Speaking at the Wallabies official farewell in Sydney, former hooker Phil Kearns, who was part of the squads that won the 1991 and 1999 World Cups, said the All...
  12. fobsicle

harry potter and the order of the phoenix

any other harry potter nerds on here? saw the movie this morning, it's fair good. shortened a lot of the scenes i was really looking forward to (eg young marauders) but other than that i thought it was fair awesome.
  13. fobsicle

Tri-Nations/Bledisloe 2007 Discussion

begins this weekend south africa v wallabies in cape town
  14. fobsicle

Eddie Jones resignation

discuss
  15. fobsicle

Hazem's good but Carter rules

by WILL SWANTON (smh) Bulldogs superboot Hazem El Masri is statistically the greatest goal kicker in the history of rugby league and union, but Daryl Halligan believes the All Blacks' freakish Daniel Carter rates above El Masri as the finest exponent in either code. Halligan is an...
  16. fobsicle

Ten in hospital after P-plate truckie hit's McDonalds

Ten in hospital after P-plate truckie hits McDonalds Thursday Dec 14 13:00 AEDT By ninemsn staff Ten people are injured after a 20-year-old P-plate truck driver ploughed into cars parked outside a McDonald's restaurant at lunchtime in Wollongong. One woman is suspected to have suffered...
  17. fobsicle

All Blacks flog France

All Blacks flogged France 47-3 this morn! =D Funny because France is ranked like 2ND in the world, after the All Blacks! Let's just hope they don't peak too soon as they have done too many times previously.
  18. fobsicle

Samoa want Sonny Bill and co back

In the wake of the Nathan Fien debacle, the New Zealand Rugby League faces a new heritage crisis with speculation players of Samoan extraction are being encouraged to forgo the Kiwi national team and represent their island nation. Samoa want to field their strongest team in the 2008 World Cup...
  19. fobsicle

Islanders in junior leagues, it's a really big issue

Ok this is a long article. I wasn't sure whether it should be posted in the Rugby League or Other sports forum but The Sun-Herald has posted it in the League section... ------...
  20. fobsicle

50 Cent concert

Anyone planning on going? It's on Friday February 15. I'm askin for tickets for xmas... not exactly 50's biggest fan but i wanna see Lil Jon :p I don't mind Weapon X or Ken Hell either info: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=50CENT06
  21. fobsicle

Boyz II Men fans please

I'm looking for an instrumental to A song for mama.. any links or anything similar greatly appreciated. Thanx
  22. fobsicle

bro'Town to air in Aussie :D

I know this is a while away, but I'm just spreading the word! Kiwi comedy show bro'Town is premiering on Aussie Screens on the Comedy Channel on December 7th @ 9:00pm. I recommend this show to everyone, even if you're not an Islander/Maori. It's the South Pacific's version of the Simpsons...
  23. fobsicle

NZ to host 2011 RWC!!

New Zealand has beat Japan + Sth Africa to become the host nation for the 2011 Rugby World Cup! Whoooooo hooooooo!!!! Btw, I was readin in the paper a while back and they were talking about the cost of the Grand Final tickets if held in NZ. They said not to be suprised if tickets go past...
  24. fobsicle

AB's thrash Ireland

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3477085a10,00.html ~~~ The All Blacks moved a step closer to their grand slam with a 45-7 thrashing of Ireland at Dublin's Lansdowne Road today. With wings Sitiveni Sivivatu and Doug Howlett crossing for two tries each, the All Blacks showed the vast...
  25. fobsicle

Bad luck

Anyone else going thru/been thru a patch of bad luck? I've had a shat month of injuries, missing out on THREE grand finals!! (netball, basketball + football, or soccer whatever you call it) Firstly, while holidaying in Fiji, i stepped on coral or some other crap and had to get 7...
  26. fobsicle

yay im gone

Off to Fiji for a reunion with the Fam bam tommorow! Off for a month :D You probs won't notice I'm gone tho :P But bye and cheer extra loud for the 'dogs for me
  27. fobsicle

New NRL ads

anyone seen the new NRL ads? saw a prewiew on the news today,3 of em, all with different versions of the "that's my team" song. the cowboys and doggies are featured quite often.
  28. fobsicle

the official super 12 thread

super 12 starts 25 feb!!! im uber excited- finally sum regular rugby bak on our screens. first game highlanders v blues, very excited. what super 12 do u all go for? im a hurricane gurl (go welly!!!)
  29. fobsicle

what made u support da doggies?

what made you support the doggies? me- the 1995 GF was played the day my little sister was born. i was 4 years old, and my dad and i were in a pub cheerin while watching the game on tv while my mum was in labour wif my sister. not only did we win the premiership but i got a little sister as...