Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manchester United are talking to Brazilian club Gremio about a deal for their 18-year-old midfielder Douglas Costa - dubbed the new Cristiano Ronaldo.
WOW~ awesome.... I got a Brazilian friend and he says that he has seen that kid play on TV. He said that his more of Ronaldinho style of a player.

If Man Utd are after him the scums Real Madrid will be humping everyone to get him.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
WOW~ awesome.... I got a Brazilian friend and he says that he has seen that kid play on TV. He said that his more of Ronaldinho style of a player.

If Man Utd are after him the scums Real Madrid will be humping everyone to get him.
nah real aren't after juniors they are after players who other clubs bring in and develop

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

nah real aren't after juniors they are after players who other clubs bring in and develop

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brazilian duo Nilmar and Douglas Costa are the latest names on the grapevine, while with Carlos Tevez's future as yet unresolved, the press are also linking Sir Alex with a move for a host of the game's top striking talent.

Lyon's Karim Benzema, Barcelona front man Samuel Eto’o and Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero continue to attract attention, while Bayern Munich are sending out mixed messages over their desire to keep hold of Franck Ribery.

Intriguingly, The Daily Mail has tipped the Reds to make a bid for Real keeper Iker Casillas, with Edwin van der Sar in the twighlight of his career.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is interested in signing Atletico Madrid's £45m-rated striker Sergio Aguero after giving up on Valencia forward David Villa.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Theres a teaser out of our new jersey for the 2009/10 season apparently it is celebrating 1909 FA Cup victory

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
45 million?! WTF?

So if Man U were to buy Aguero, he and Berbatov would be close to 90 million combined.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aguero is a very good player much better player than Berbatov.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fergie's £45m Sergio swoop
Manchester United have targeted Atletico Madrid’s £45m striker Sergio Aguero. Sir Alex Ferguson has turned his sights on the young Argentine star after giving up on Valencia’s David Villa, who is expected to join Real Madrid. Aguero – nicknamed Kun – has scored 37 league goals in the last two years for Atletico and is only still 21. Chelsea have already made contact over the talented striker, but were put off by his £200,000-a-week wage demands. United would be prepared to offer Aguero, who is married to Diego Maradona’s daughter, a five-year deal at £120,000 a week, but again hope the lure of Old Trafford would be enough to attract him. Atletico’s president Enrique Cerezo has made it clear recently that the club would be willing to listen to ‘interesting’ offers for their star player.
Danny Fullbrook, Daily Star

In other news, ESPN - the American sports network that has won the rights to show 46 Barclays Premier League matches next season - will set up a new stand-alone channel to screen the games as it seeks to build a powerful presence in UK sport.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
United close in on Benzema
Sir Alex Ferguson took another step towards the £30m capture of striker Karim Benzema yesterday. But Manchester United could yet face fierce competition from bitter transfer market rivals Real Madrid. Fallen French champions Lyon opened the door to the sale of prize asset Benzema by making a £15m move for Porto striker Lisandro Lopez. It is a clear indication that Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas is preparing to cash in on his 21-year-old star. Lyon were knocked back in a bid for Paris Saint-Germain’s Guillaume Hoarau. But their rapid response was a move for Portugal ace Lopez. That is good news for United boss Ferguson, who is aware Benzema is in no hurry to leave Lyon until after the World Cup next summer. The Old Trafford chief’s main problem could be big-spending Spanish giants Real, who have taken £80m Cristiano Ronaldo from United and also want Wigan winger Antonio Valencia. Real are now likely to target Benzema, leaving United to hope that the Galactico policy at the Bernabeu will persuade the young Frenchman his prospects will be better at Old Trafford.
Bill Thornton, Daily Star

The Daily Mirror says Sir Alex Ferguson will quickly slap in a £40million bid for Spain's David Villa, after Barcelona opened the bidding for the Valencia star. However, the article does include Villa's assertion that: "Next season I will play in Spain because it is the league that is best for me." The same paper speculates that Nani could be used as a makeweight in a deal for Wigan's Antonio Valencia.

The transfer tittle-tattle keeps coming. United will have to fork out £25million - without an initial three-week trial - for Gremio starlet Douglas Costa, according to The Daily Mail.

Mountain Dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do people think of Valencia. I watch EPL, but I can't say I've seen a heap of Wigan games. I didn't think he exactly set the world on fire. And if United are going to pay 15? I think that could be a bit. I always thought palacios was wigans best player