News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently he claims the second someone was
Off him the trainer instructed the next to be on top already so he couldn’t leave. Wonder if he will use Davey as a witness, he won’t care as his career is over.
The Topine incident happened after Davey left.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even better for the club, no one will speak out for him
Yeah, its literally Topines word against the club which is probably why he's gone all out (at the advice of his lawyer and manager probs). Looks like the sum of the statement of claim is what he may have expected to earn in his footy career which is insinuating Dogs have ended his career.

Anyway, this is messy. I suspect Dogs tried to settle out of court but both parties could not reach an agreement hence the SOC. This will go pear shaped for Topine unfortunately. I still think he was hard done by and wish things were different for him. And the media really should not be writing these stories and making the situation worse, but they don't care.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knows his career is done and dusted. He thought when he first made the complaint it would help being ‘anonymous’, he would then be able to go another club then realised everyone connected the dots and no one wants to sign him, not even ESL, so now he’s looking for big bucks to cure his hurt feelings and big ego.

P.S… he got home and opened the door and cried to his girlfriend and parents….. yeah buddy NRL ain’t for you….

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Make a ridiculous monetary claim, in the hope that it gets settled for some amount (usually considerably less), just to make a pestiferous complaint go away.

Straight out of the ambulance chaser playbook.
And one thing is for sure, he is hugely unlikely to ever play NRL level again nor will any club sign him with that history. Sounds like someone got in his ear about “lawyering up” and “sue the bastards”. Bad decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This really gives it away:
"Lawyers acting for Topine believe the forward had a 10-12 year NRL career in front of him, in which he was capable of earning between $300,000 and $400,000 per annum. "

:tearsofjoy: This guy couldn’t even get an ESL offer the other time before dogs offered him a lifeline at the end of the season. He’s a complete joke. I have always said his attitude and his behaviour off field has been questionable and here we are….

I would love to see the players that will back him up in court and risk their own careers.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was only thinking yesterday how much bye week sux, because there there wouldn't be anything in the news about us . . .oops

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Yes mum" :tearsofjoy: Seriously though, most fans would be disappointed if this were to happen to their club, and rothfield and his cronies make shit up about our club all the time anyway, everyone knows that
I agree saturation of opinions informs those who were once easily informed by Buzz. Buzz can now be seen as a joke across the NRL. Even Reed has admitted to their bias and awareness is crucial to credibility Buzz must retire.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. A terrible terrible outcome and legacy for Jackson. Hard to marry this up with his previous work ethic as an up and coming young player.

We can feel confident about how Gus treats his players, as a father figure, and also Ciro who is highly regarded by his players and seems of the highest calibre of responsible man manager and coach.

Can only assume Jackson has received some very very questionable advice on how to deal with this, at a vulnerable mentally unstable time for himself with other issues nothing to do with the club.

The fact that Gus and Ciro are quality mentors, and men, leads most Bulldogs fans to believe that a satisfactory resolution could have been the outcome if Jackson's advice had been more conciliatory and possibly realistic.

I hope there's a way to resolve this and he can move on. It just does not add up. The court case alone and the salivating, salacious gossip hounds like Buzz Drunkfield would destroy Jackson. I sincerely hope he re-thinks this and gets back to the kitchen table with the club.
I'm sure topine knows when this blows up in the media, that it will make him virtually unemployable in the NRL, hence the ridiculous number. I don't think anyone who thought they had a long, successful NRL career ahead of them,would go down this path

up_theDogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm sure topine knows when this blows up in the media, that it will make him virtually unemployable in the NRL, hence the ridiculous number. I don't think anyone who thought they had a long, successful NRL career ahead of them,would go down this path
Exactly, if he wasnt such a weakling he would let it go and sign somewhere else, doing this only ensures he never gets signed ever again

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my take on this, someone that looks at a schedule and it says arrive/strapping at 8AM and wrestling at 8:30AM and they turn up at 8:30 is someone looking to do the bare minimum. Do what he needs to do to get away with it. If you think you want to come at 8:30 because you are not getting strapped, then ask the bloody question... To me looks like he came late thinking he could use that as an excuse, and didn't want to ask in case he was told no we start at 8AM.

Second, wrestling and physical fitness is part of the role of the physical fitness trainers, if you are late coming into work and you get given the shit jobs to do, still part of your role but it's the less enjoyable part of your job, do you complain? Well maybe you do but you probably don't work there anymore and would you really take your employer to court? Saying that he needed help walking after the punishment... the Dogs underwent a bootcamp this year, I'm sure plenty of players needed help walking at stages, any of them suing the dogs? He is simply not cut out for any team that takes physical fitness seriously. He may have ability and be a nice guy, but he is soft AF. JAC playing with a dodgy shoulder, Mann and King playing with a broken hand/wrist. Preston playing with a broken jaw. Tracey was playing with a calf issue one week. I can't see Topine doing any of that, and that is why we sucked big time last year, and are doing better this year, players thinking they didn't have to take that extra step in defense, I can miss this tackle cause I'm exhausted. Remember Josh Morris limping on one leg to tackle Inglis in origin. Some people have the character to be first grade players and work hard to make it happen. Some people are gifted and it comes a little easier. The gifted get found out pretty early when they don't have the character to back it up. Another example I suspect is Latrell Mitchell...

Why do you think the best coaches are those that had to work hard to get where they did? And why players like Andrew Johns could never be a coach. What do you think Folksey would have said to Topine?

Yes the dogs might have some concerns, as when any of this stuff hits the courts you never know what is going to happen. But if any real fan see's this and then how the dogs are going this year; built on hard work and commitment. We all should be saying well fuck good on them.

Last edited:

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually think the timing of this is ok. The club has a couple weeks to deal with it before our next game. Hopefully that happens.