Opinion Did Dogs fans boo Hutchison

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m a Platinum member and was at the game. I sit on the 40 minute line just below the corporate seats. The booing and groans were due to what was happening on the field.

I really don’t understand the Hutchinson hate, he is decent in defence and acts as our glue in the middle.

He is also a good guy and had a great chat with him last year at the annual Christmas event.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Yes, bad form to boo your own player - totally agreed. But we that make up the crowd that lives in a democracy, that pays hard earned money in a cost of living crisis., we are free to voice our frustrations freely. If those who are easily outraged by some booing should try living in North Korea where no one can have a voice. That would be even more dire.

As in Roman days, the mob needs to be entertained and we are surely not entertained by Hutchinson's monotonous step inside that is as slow as a turtle giving birth...to twins.

View attachment 107356
Hutcho's so slow jokes!

Hutcho's so slow, when he steps anywhere, they lay witches hats and apply for a permit and wait for its approval, before he is allowed to engage the move.

Hutcho's so slow, his nanna can bake jam and cream scones and serve 'em up to the entire Dogs backline before he can promote one lousy pass to an unmarked outside back.

I don't agree with the booing but he does deserve the jokes :grinning: lol

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s Bulldogs fans for you mate. We have some of the worst fans in the sport.
I've read a few reports now that on Sunday some of our fans booed Hutchison. If true it's a really bad look. I want him out of the team as much as anyone but that's going a bit too far. It's not like he's not trying. It's not his fault if Ciraldo keeps choosing him. How disappointing would it be trying your best and having your own fans turn on you.

I presume it happened when he came off the field. Can anyone who was there confirm and say how bad it was and the numbers involved ?

I also read when we scored the last try (largely due to Taaffe who replaced Hutcho) that Hutcho was the only one on the bench who failed to stand and cheer. IF that's true I think that's poor on his part too.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was sitting on the western side of the field on the 10m line at the southern end and could hear booing. It was an element of booing that was mixed in with some cheering, but it definitely happened. Bad look. Foxsports hacks must have been salivating at it so they could report it in the paper.
Definitely booing at the game. Knights supporters
Mentioned it too

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People have unrealistic expectations of Sexton thinking he will be setting up tries on the right and Burton on the left when in reality Sexton is going to be a turnstile who will get targeted and be the weak link in the side that opposition teams will expose.
Xerri was still going to be a turnstile who was off the pace in attack if promoted without 10-12 rounds to get his timing back according to many.

It's impossible to judge the impact a player will have until they're in the spotlight. I personally think that in terms of steering the ship, Hutchison is probably meeting the goals set for him. But it feels like at times of pressure, he's prone to making a wrong decision on plays when we've got an opponent on the back foot. If he's still our 7 in two weeks I'm not going to protest.

I don't know if Sexton has the same ability to manage the forwards and get the kicks off as well. But I think if we're screaming down the right hand side, he hasn't shown a tendency to pass back inside either. If Sexton is our 7 in 2 weeks I won't protest.

Taaffe has probably looked close to our best support runner. In his brief stint on Sunday it was nice to see a halfback making two touches on a single backline movement. But I'm not sure of his organisational skills or general play kicking. If Taaffe is picked as our 7 in 2 weeks time I won't protest.

Our form this year means more than last year I'm willing to trust the process.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sitting on the western side of the field on the 10m line at the southern end and could hear booing. It was an element of booing that was mixed in with some cheering, but it definitely happened. Bad look. Foxsports hacks must have been salivating at it so they could report it in the paper.
That’s odd! The only time I heard booing was when that flop of a ref gave 6 agains on tackles 4th and 5th or when we’d never get a penalty and they’re laying all over us!

If anything there was cheering and clapping and I was in the Kennel and that crowd have no filter lol

Allan139

Waterboy
Reaction score
If true it’s disgraceful! Hutcho isn’t our long term half back but he is the one that’s directing the team around the park and taking pressure off Burton to play his natural game.

Whether most on here like to admit it or not, our coach has way more insight into who should be playing where than we will ever have.

Support our boys, we are finally winning games and the ones we won’t win we are a chance of winning.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've read a few reports now that on Sunday some of our fans booed Hutchison. If true it's a really bad look. I want him out of the team as much as anyone but that's going a bit too far. It's not like he's not trying. It's not his fault if Ciraldo keeps choosing him. How disappointing would it be trying your best and having your own fans turn on you.

I presume it happened when he came off the field. Can anyone who was there confirm and say how bad it was and the numbers involved ?

I also read when we scored the last try (largely due to Taaffe who replaced Hutcho) that Hutcho was the only one on the bench who failed to stand and cheer. IF that's true I think that's poor on his part too.
Yes it’s true hutch was booed

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me either I was on that side as well where the bench sit. I remember hearing big cheers from the other side where the kennel sit when Taafe came on but I don’t recall any boos.
Let me correct you....

The cheers from the crowd didn't come when the announcer mentioned Taaffe coming on, but rather Hutch making way for Taaffe (or anyone for that manner).

Thats what was embarassing and a bad look as fans of the club. There were definitely some boos in amongst the cheers when his name was mentioned.

It was poor.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't understand how you can boo your own player, if you're not happy with a player's selection take it up with CC/Gus. go to the presser and tell them you think Hutch is bang average. I heard that anytime he was replayed on the big screen especially those 3rd/4th tackle settlers there was some groaning/boos from the crowd because booing a player will turn them into prime Cronk instantly, its doing more bad than good.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Love him or hate him without Hutcho, I don’t think Burton will be in form without his organisation. He just needs to shake off that he’s not a forward anymore and he’ll be ok.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He wasn’t boo’d, however there were some cheers when he was replaced.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

You never boo a 1st grader who is trying he isn’t that bad who ever did boo him
Should be ashamed of them selves and move to a different team doesn’t matter who it is that’s our team and they work together and love playing with each other

get over it he is the 7 for now that’s it

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously disgusting behaviour so much class Ciro must see something in him to keep him there that’s it he is calm and cool headed maybe that’s what the team needs when things get too heated or too much his defensive is actually very good too

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hutchison should get the same lawyers as Jackon Topine and sue the club and fans for emotional harassment. They might be able to get a discount on lawyer fees.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was at the game, I heard the boos when we had an overlap middle/late in the 2nd half and he threw a dummy and stepped back inside and went himself. I think the crowd clearly seen the overlap and opportunity for points so they boo’d him on the play. Sections of the crowd might have boo’d him at other times but I didn’t hear it.