OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watching 360 to see if buzz says anything about us, 10 mins in and they are still banging on about Newcastle and ding dong ponga.

Not a word yet about our performance and how we earned it.

Hahaha buzz “Mahoney is a niggle player” someone is salty, pink level shit. He hate us something fierce.

“Kent youre over reacting” hahahaha

Tallis is great, never thought I’d say that - talks so much sense.
I love Blayke Brailey style of play, but fuck me he niggles just as much if not more than Mahoney. He is just very sly about it much like Cameron Smith was. At least Mahoney puts himself out there like Ennis did.

WDV

Waterboy
Reaction score
We beat them for metres and Kikau was quiet. We're a proper team with more than one player. This is how it's built. Everyone can pitch in and we don't need to rely on anyone in particular.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
It's what makes us better than the Dragons.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
that’s what I love about our club now. It took the second year of CC to gain the respect and whoever didn’t was thrown out for boys that wanted to. Seriously we are playing with such effort that the team shares the responsibility meaning we don’t rely on one guy busting his balls for five or so players. Max king now looks like a player where he is finally being productive cause he does his job and the rest do as well meaning less strains on people like him. CC nailed the bench rotation last week was very surprised

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In any given NRL game the ref could make 100’s of “correct decisions”, but they don’t. They ignore some and enforce others. It’s not the decisions they make but they ones they should make but choose not to. It’s all very well to look at every decision and say that they were correct, but that’s erroneous. What we shouldn’t ignore are decisions that the ref should have made, but didn’t.

For example in our game against the Knoughts the ref could have penalised them countless times for holding down, slowing our play the ball, but chose not to. So I reserve the right to criticise him when he calls us for a shorter holding down. It may well be the right decision but it is none the less selective, hence deserving of a heckle.

Always a Bulldog
All your points raised are valid TT. I used to go to the ground with Sports Ears on listening to what the ref was saying. There have been times when a player was penalised for not being square and the ref said, “ That was the 3rd time I could have got you”. As you indicated he had ignored others. Basically trying to manage the game. Some fans might call this nit picking.

We weren’t miked up in my era in the middle of the field in Junior League. I tried to call players out who were offside or Not square. If they complied I let the game flow, if they got involved after being called out, I penalised them.

I will share a couple of situations where it was patently obvious a fan around me didn’t have a clue about simple decisions revolving around lines.

1. My wife and I were at Suncorp. The guy behind us had been carrying on all night. Finally he made his mistake. One of the Broncos kicked in general play, and you could see the chalk fly up as it landed on the line on the full. Touch judge called it correctly as out on the full. This guy abused the touchie and said the ball was in, it landed on the line. My wife turned around and said “they are not playing tennis out there”. That shut Him up for the rest of the night.

2. We were at Shark Park before “The Bunker” was brought in. The Sharks tried to score but the player grounded the ball on the touch in goal line. We watched the replay and saw this clearly. I said no try the ball is out. The guy in front abused me and said this will come back “try benefit of the doubt”. I said that would be the case if he grounded it on the try line, but not the touch in goal or dead ball lines. When it came back no try he wanted to fight me, and I had to call security.

Those are just 2 of Countless examples I could raise where you wonder why people who don’t know very basic rules, make stupid comments.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
A point well made on social media - how did the Knights win the penalty and six again count when they were on the back foot for almost the entire 80 mins?

"They managed to stay disciplined enough to win the penalties/six agains 11 to 3. What a joke."

Last edited:

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A point well made on social media - how did the Knights win the penalty and six agains when they were on the back foot for almost the entire 80 mins?

"They managed stay disciplined enough to win the penalties/six agains 11 to 3. What a joke."
We must be the only team who don't get a 'home' ground advantage.. like when we're losing it's understandable, but to dominate a team and get smashed by the ref is always suspect... Kasey Badger got dropped for bias towards one team a few weeks ago, and yet crickets for our Knights game.