News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he keeps going with his form and development, it’s going to be any time where we will throw him in to break his debut drought. Having these young and upcoming boys will ignite our first grade team to play even better with the fact they know they can be replaced

Bronze

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm incredibly excited about O'Neil as a prospect and I know he will have a long future in the NRL. Just got to have patience with him hes going to have amazing games and some rough ones but will build his character and we will be better for it moving forward.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have some very talented halves coming through, exciting times for the Club and all thanks goes to Gus for his work reinvigorating our pathways - we’re performing well in every grade, the only way to achieve sustainable success.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he keeps going with his form and development, it’s going to be any time where we will throw him in to break his debut drought. Having these young and upcoming boys will ignite our first grade team to play even better with the fact they know they can be replaced
Likewise I hope he is given time to keep developing in cup. A FG debut wouldn’t be too far away but we don’t have to rush him.

interesting Skelton ran for over 300m. He might nab a bench spot at some point soon. Hard to break into the FG side the way some of the boys are playing though

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good read about O'Neill and hopefully our future 7. Maybe Helta needs to think about shifting to the back row because our back 5 look pretty set and Wilson hovering. But my fav part of the story was what Knight had to say about defense and what's required to meet the standards being set..

'Knight had a busy game himself on both sides of the ball with a try, a linebreak, five tackle busts, 201 metres and 14 tackles — no misses. The 29-year-old, who has played 83 NRL games, opened up post-game on what he needs to work on to get back into the first grade side.

“Probably just my defensive movements (is what I need to work on),” he said.

“We have a really high demand for our defense and I’ve probably just been a bit off the mark at the moment so I’m trying to get up there and earn the trust of my teammates and my coach and hopefully I can get back into that team.”

I love it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where's all the negative nancies? Where are all the Gus haters? Where are all the ones that thought CC was out of his depth? Where are all those that wanted Potter instead of CC? Where are all those that still think dogs will finish bottom 4? Where are all those that still think our training methods are too harsh and that our training methods are the cause for our injuries? Where's the Clown crew? Where's 04 dreaming? Where's his cousin Polly? Where's Flanagun? Where are all those that were crying because we let go of Alamoti(no way is he ahead of Critta & Xerri). Where are those that whinge like bitches? They have all evaporated like a fart in the wind as was expected.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Likewise I hope he is given time to keep developing in cup. A FG debut wouldn’t be too far away but we don’t have to rush him.

interesting Skelton ran for over 300m. He might nab a bench spot at some point soon. Hard to break into the FG side the way some of the boys are playing though
skelton would be a gun off the bench

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
80%-90% of our new recruits have been a success. Gus & CC knew exactly what they were doing, we needed experience, players from winning cultures to lift and influence the rest of the players around them, we needed depth, we needed players that can fill in more than one position especially in the age of HIA's. People were giving it to the club for recruiting Kurt Mann, I've loved what I have seen from him before he got injured. Look at this, Preston and Mann injured and we haven't skipped a beat, they come back next game and make us even more stronger and add more depth. Why were people upset about spending big on Critta who is only a centre? His leadership adds more to the team than his price tag and it's showing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Good read about O'Neill and hopefully our future 7. Maybe Helta needs to think about shifting to the back row because our back 5 look pretty set and Wilson hovering.
And our 2nd row stocks are pretty low, hardly.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And our 2nd row stocks are pretty low, hardly.

Always a Bulldog
No they are not, but the road appears blocked in the back 5 and I would love to see him playing 1st grade for us at some point and not the Tigers or Dragqueens..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
80%-90% of our new recruits have been a success. Gus & CC knew exactly what they were doing, we needed experience, players from winning cultures to lift and influence the rest of the players around them, we needed depth, we needed players that can fill in more than one position especially in the age of HIA's. People were giving it to the club for recruiting Kurt Mann, I've loved what I have seen from him before he got injured. Look at this, Preston and Mann injured and we haven't skipped a beat, they come back next game and make us even more stronger and add more depth. Why were people upset about spending big on Critta who is only a centre? His leadership adds more to the team than his price tag and it's showing.
Well said bro. I think when people actually get to a game and watch it live they will see the impact Critta has had on his team mates.

People in here cried the signing would block Papalii’s path to FG but Critta hasn’t played FB and Papali’i is not demanding to be selected just yet. Critta hasnt blocked anything he’s only enhanced us

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
O'Neill is really impressive. He's a busy player who knows how to put players into gaps and is a great ball player. He also backs up well and is all over the field. He'll get his chance in FG soon enough.
I hope so, would be good to give him a run in FG at the back end of this season. He'd probably go to another level with the potent backline we have at the moment.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could definitely be another 2004 Thurston off the bench until he is ready for the starting position.

We argue in here over Hutch, Sexytime and Taafe in the halves when we all should now they are just keeping that spot warm until this kid can take over

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said bro. I think when people actually get to a game and watch it live they will see the impact Critta has had on his team mates.

People in here cried the signing would block Papalii’s path to FG but Critta hasn’t played FB and Papali’i is not demanding to be selected just yet. Critta hasnt blocked anything he’s only enhanced us
I think Tracey is the perfect fullback to keep the seat warm for Papalii until he is ready. It's all coming together, I can smell it

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tracey was a great pick up. He isn’t a HB or a prop but still very important for us.
He does all the right things at the right time. We needed players with brains and we have them. We used to bag out so many players, like Waddell, Flanagan, Hethrington, Thompson, Pangai Jnr etc etc and RIGHTLY SO....But now we actually struggle to find a player in the whole team to bag out apart from Hutch at times. Shows you that everyone is putting in and buying in.