OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I noticed Kikau and salmon defending closer in on the weekend. Our players also did a great job finding their front when tackled and getting quick play the balls, while getting Knights onto their backs. Our kick-chase is as good as anyone’s, and the backs are taking a greater share of the hit-ups. A lot of good little changes are happening to compensate for our smaller forwards and an un-creative half.

I think the heart of Ciro’s defensive system is effort upon effort upon effort, not where you stand or how you move up etc.
Salmon was our best defender on the weekend suprisingly

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was there, most people around me were frustrated when Hutchison died with the ball on the 4th tackle. It seemed to happen a lot yesterday. No distinct booing, but there was definitely a big cheer around the ground when it was announced he had been taken off.
Cheering for him coming off, or Taffee coming on?

Depends on what agenda is being pushed.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many Kickau's out there?
Looked like two.
Very clinical performance from the team, just came out, played entertaining hard footy, did the job and went home.
CC the next Bellamy.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I wouldn’t wish injury on anyone, it was a dumb move to play Ponga. When you have an injury there is a big chance of another injury in another part of your body, because you are trying to protect the original injury.

Lisfranc could be season ending,

Knights are pretty much gone now.
He was the same last week. Even with a needle he was flat out being 75%. Not a very smart way to manage a $million plus player. Cronk in a GF I get, but that was plain dumb. Almost as if the coach was thinking more about himself, or got really bad medical advice.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was the same last week. Even with a needle he was flat out being 75%. Not a very smart way to manage a $million plus player. Cronk in a GF I get, but that was plain dumb. Almost as if the coach was thinking more about himself, or got really bad medical advice.
Both valid points about the coach. Another one is he obviously knows that Ponga and Bradman Best are pretty much the only major attacking threats.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolute disgrace and shows just how many supporters have no Rugby League IQ. They only had to wait 10 minutes to see how Hutch’s absence affected our right defence. Not one line break down that side for 70 minutes. Hutch off, Taffe over reads the play and Best strolls over for an embarrassing try. Most NRL followers have no concept that the game has two elements - both as important as each other although many top coaches rate D even more important. Most followers only appreciate the attacking element. Very luck none of them coach our team.
It only takes one person to start to rot, then it grows.
I agree Hutch at this stage is our best.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolute disgrace and shows just how many supporters have no Rugby League IQ. They only had to wait 10 minutes to see how Hutch’s absence affected our right defence. Not one line break down that side for 70 minutes. Hutch off, Taffe over reads the play and Best strolls over for an embarrassing try. Most NRL followers have no concept that the game has two elements - both as important as each other although many top coaches rate D even more important. Most followers only appreciate the attacking element. Very luck none of them coach our team.
Undortunately you’re right mate about fans with no footy IQ. Lots of passionate fans who support their team to the hilt, but just don’t get the game.

I’ve sat around lots of people who don’t know basic rules, yet yell at a ref who makes a correct decision. Others that just see gun attacking players and don‘t see the work horses who make 40+ tackles per game.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching 360 to see if buzz says anything about us, 10 mins in and they are still banging on about Newcastle and ding dong ponga.

Not a word yet about our performance and how we earned it.

Hahaha buzz “Mahoney is a niggle player” someone is salty, pink level shit. He hate us something fierce.

“Kent youre over reacting” hahahaha

Tallis is great, never thought I’d say that - talks so much sense.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watching 360 to see if buzz says anything about us, 10 mins in and they are still banging on about Newcastle and ding dong ponga.

Not a word yet about our performance and how we earned it.

Hahaha buzz “Mahoney is a niggle player” someone is salty, pink level shit. He hate us something fierce.

“Kent youre over reacting” hahahaha

Tallis is great, never thought I’d say that - talks so much sense.
I enjoy Tallis point of view. A lot bag him, yet what he says resonates with me a lot of the time

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Undortunately you’re right mate about fans with no footy IQ. Lots of passionate fans who support their team to the hilt, but just don’t get the game.

I’ve sat around lots of people who don’t know basic rules, yet yell at a ref who makes a correct decision. Others that just see gun attacking players and don‘t see the work horses who make 40+ tackles per game.
In any given NRL game the ref could make 100’s of “correct decisions”, but they don’t. They ignore some and enforce others. It’s not the decisions they make but they ones they should make but choose not to. It’s all very well to look at every decision and say that they were correct, but that’s erroneous. What we shouldn’t ignore are decisions that the ref should have made, but didn’t.

For example in our game against the Knoughts the ref could have penalised them countless times for holding down, slowing our play the ball, but chose not to. So I reserve the right to criticise him when he calls us for a shorter holding down. It may well be the right decision but it is none the less selective, hence deserving of a heckle.

Always a Bulldog