OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
thought it looked like a try, he trapped the ball with his torso and didn't really lose control.
There was separation between the ball and his chest but there was no separation between the ball and his hand. WTF does it matter anyway even if there was separation between ball and hand, it didn't touch another player or the ground. Separation isn't grounds for disallowing a try unless during the separation the ball touches something.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was separation between the ball and his chest but there was no separation between the ball and his hand. WTF does it matter anyway even if there was separation between ball and hand, it didn't touch another player or the ground. Separation isn't grounds for disallowing a try unless during the separation the ball touches something.

Always a Bulldog
Yet they only took one quick look and ruled NO TRY!!

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Mann is back after the bye I wonder who makes way. I still wouldn't carry both Haywood and Taffe on the bench. Rumours are around that Sexton may be off to the Raiders, that must effect if it eventuates what happens to Hutchinson and Taffe. Feel sorry for Patolo.
Best players today
Tracey, Addo Carr, Kiraz, Crighton, Xerri, Curran, Hughes, King, Mahoney, Haywood and Morrin.
Our Round 9 Team v Tigers after bye should be:
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Foxx
6. Burto
7. Sexton (assuming he's not in Canberra)/Haywood (hes a talker, fearless and aggressive)/J. O'Neill
8. King
9. Reed
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
14. Mann
15. Poasa
16. Morrin
17. Kautoga
18. Taffe

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wasn’t there live, but apparently a huge group were boo’ing him as he came off the field which if true is an utter disgrace ..
That's crazy. Booing your own player under any circumstances is absolutely disgusting, but after he was involved in getting us another win?

So many braindead people, and it's not random as you see all the hate he gets from posters in here.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's crazy. Booing your own player under any circumstances is absolutely disgusting, but after he was involved in getting us another win?

So many braindead people, and it's not random as you see all the hate he gets from posters in here.
So true. I would personally like to see Taafe get a crack at half but obviously CC wants Hutch there for a reason. But nahh, the TK experts know better, just ask them.

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score
I was there, most people around me were frustrated when Hutchison died with the ball on the 4th tackle. It seemed to happen a lot yesterday. No distinct booing, but there was definitely a big cheer around the ground when it was announced he had been taken off.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was there, most people around me were frustrated when Hutchison died with the ball on the 4th tackle. It seemed to happen a lot yesterday. No distinct booing, but there was definitely a big cheer around the ground when it was announced he had been taken off.
Probably not so much that he was taken off but rather that Taafe was given a go. Hence the cheering.

We can't expect anything much different from our club supporters reactions than to be cheering that an attacking player may be introduced into the team, when Hutch dies with the ball. Supporters want to see Critta and Kiraz running; not the 7 dying with it. No one is used to seeing a 7 turn the ball back in and run themselves to take the tackle ....on such a regular basis. 12 times? Pretty unheard of.

As others have said...we don't know Ciro's thinking and tactics of using Hutch in this manner or, if not a tactic, then allowing him to run the ball and "seemingly" under utilizing the right edge. Ciro can certainly see what is going on our there and has Critta to advise him as well on the field.

We've seen enough to have a fair degree of confidence in CC and can appreciate what him and JT have brought to the team....I guess we can assume he will addess and tweak this soon if he feels it's necessary.

To me they look like he has them ready for this next step of a better attacking 7 in their development as a very good (complete) team but happy to see how it all unfolds with CC's decision.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciraldo had Burton going to the right side yesterday because of how ineffective Hutchison is.
Its probably the reason why he moved Critta to the right to help out Hutchison.
Its just so frustrating watching Hutchison stifle our attack we could be sooo much better.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably not so much that he was taken off but rather that Taafe was given a go. Hence the cheering.

We can't expect anything much different from our club supporters reactions than to be cheering that an attacking player may be introduced into the team, when Hutch dies with the ball. Supporters want to see Critta and Kiraz running; not the 7 dying with it. No one is used to seeing a 7 turn the ball back in and run themselves to take the tackle ....on such a regular basis. 12 times? Pretty unheard of.

As others have said...we don't know Ciro's thinking and tactics of using Hutch in this manner or, if not a tactic, then allowing him to run the ball and "seemingly" under utilizing the right edge. Ciro can certainly see what is going on our there and has Critta to advise him as well on the field.

We've seen enough to have a fair degree of confidence in CC and can appreciate what him and JT have brought to the team....I guess we can assume he will addess and tweak this soon if he feels it's necessary.

To me they look like he has them ready for this next step of a better attacking 7 in their development as a very good (complete) team but happy to see how it all unfolds with CC's decision.
Yes we can only assume CC/JT have something planned here, as the attacking and defensive prowess of our team is now accelerating exponentially each week.

Hutch doesn’t seem to fit attack-wise IMO. He essentially plays somewhat like Flanno when he was with us. Reasonable/good defence & doing the 1%’s. Some of our attack still seems to unnecessarily stutter at Hutch in good field position, when the ball is not reaching the back 5-6.
I’m sure that either Taafe, Sexton or O’Neill would be a better option to rectify this. Hopefully CC/JT will reveal their hand soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feendogz

Observant
Reaction score

Diplomatic take, but you could definitely tell it was because Hutchison went off

Taafe was announced as on, to a mild applause. Then Hutchison as replaced, to a happy cheer

It is very frustrating to watch dont get me wrong, but I get why Ciraldo has picked him there

I think we also have to accept that while we are vastly improving, we aren't trying to win the comp this year. Its quite clear that we are being pushed toward a 2026/2027 window of success

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will put my hand up and say I wasn't kind to Hutch before the game, but come on, he played fine yesterday.. people are quick to bring up try assist stats but is that not just the guy who throws the final pass? Tries come on the back of more than just one or two passes.. heck, you can expose a weakness early in a game and exploit it in the 70th minute.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Diplomatic take, but you could definitely tell it was because Hutchison went off

Taafe was announced as on, to a mild applause. Then Hutchison as replaced, to a happy cheer

It is very frustrating to watch dont get me wrong, but I get why Ciraldo has picked him there

I think we also have to accept that while we are vastly improving, we aren't trying to win the comp this year. Its quite clear that we are being pushed toward a 2026/2027 window of success
Yes I said earlier. This year probably is all a lead up/foundation for the future and that is where the planning/roster was based on....but...they have improved so far ahead of this schedule that CC must be seriously surprised and delighted.

He is probably in the 2 minds phase of weighing up holding back based on the foundation plan (Hutch) ...or going for it with the Holy Crap We Might be a Show Here for Top 8 this year new plan lol.

I hope he does go with the go for it plan bc these guys have earnt the opportunity.

We are travelling well regardless and Dogs fans are happy and grateful we got our team back in the winners circle.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will put my hand up and say I wasn't kind to Hutch before the game, but come on, he played fine yesterday.. people are quick to bring up try assist stats but is that not just the guy who throws the final pass? Tries come on the back of more than just one or two passes.. heck, you can expose a weakness early in a game and exploit it in the 70th minute.
I do agree with this, but there have been instances in games when he’s zigged when he should have zagged.

Souffs game couple weeks ago there was a try scoring chance but decided to take it himself instead of passing which had an overlap on the wing.

I think this is where fans get frustrated, dont just take a hitup with the ball move it around and he’s slow at times

But credit where its due, he played well yesterday

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have never been about size always about being tough and hard as we are seeing but coming through now we do have some big boys in the team and are very strong and we have a very quick back line right and left I would say the quickest in the league
And will only get better!

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do agree with this, but there have been instances in games when he’s zigged when he should have zagged.

Souffs game couple weeks ago there was a try scoring chance but decided to take it himself instead of passing which had an overlap on the wing.

I think this is where fans get frustrated, dont just take a hitup with the ball move it around and he’s slow at times

But credit where its due, he played well yesterday
Oh yeah I'm 100% in agreement I have also been vocal about that stuff, but isolating yesterday's game I feel like there's a decent player there, he's just got to get those "zag" moments right.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reed can be a pest, but that’s ON the field, and I love that he has it in him. So should all dogs supporters tbh. That’s where it should end but dickhead Jack wanted to be a thug after the fact. I can’t remember ever seeing a player have a go in the sheds.

Also, wtf did Reed do that was bin worthy? Be a smart arse?! Big deal, Hethro clipped him around the ear which started it.
In a Trans TasmanTest at the old Lang Park, back in the 1980’s, Greg Dowling and Kevin TamatI were sent off for fighting. The referee dismissed them at the same time. Big mistake on his part. They continued to fight once they got over the sideline and had to be separated by ground officials in or near the tunnel as I recall.

Not sure whether that particular incident was the catalyst but referees for quite
some time if they are going to send off or sin bin opposing players send them off about 30 to 40 seconds apart so the situation doesn’t escalate.

Near the dressing rooms where today‘s incident happened it would have been the responsibility of club officials to keep the peace.
[/QUOTE]
Aaah yes the day Dish-head got his famous name.
We played the curtain raiser ...Qld Universities v Qld Police Academy and after our game got to sit in the "guest seats on the sideline". We watched it blow up right in front of us. That was one nasty stink!! I'm glad Tamati wasn't punching me - poor old Dish-head - he didn't stand a chance.
Apparently Jack Hetherington can throw 'em too??!!
Reed's lucky he didn't turn into Dish-head V2.
What were the officials doing in that tunnel??
Mind you - how would you restrain Jack Hetherington if he'd lost his rag??

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
O'Neill gives me Maloney vibes. I think he will be an excellent 7 when the time is right. He's very mature and barks orders. I think he leapfrogs them all next season.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk