OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of Hutch as a halfback and would prefer him play reserves but he tries extremely hard and by all accounts is a real good human being. Booing our own player when he comes up on the big screen is fucking disgraceful, embarrassing and very childish. Grow up you morons.

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember staying to the very bitter end of last year's game and never feeling so low in all my time as a supporter and while yesterday's game won't extinguish that memory, it was great to be sitting (and standing and jumping) in the crowd yesterday with a whiff of optimism that I haven't experienced for quite a while.

There's still a long way to go but it's nice to drive home from a game with such contentment. I don't think the bye is timely given that we have a little momentum at present but it will help the players freshen up after a tough start to the campaign.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah the best thing at the moment is our boys rarely look rattled like they did in pretty much every single game over the past few seasons. Penrith is probably the one team I don't give us a chance against, and maybe Brisbane, but I feel like the boys can keep it to a respectable scoreline.
We'll do Penrith and so them well. 10+

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we will know go on have the bye train hard Ciro will not take things lightly we are a winning team with morale training per usual hard and fast Preston is back and Mann is back which is another good thing

UP THE DOGGIES

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looked alright from the corner in the sun. Not gonna tip my hat on this one haha
Hutch is doing OK, but he would never have managed that off the cuff TA that Taaffe did for the last try. The ball would have died with him. Despite being sound defensively (according to some), you expect more from your HB. My choice would be Taaffe in the HB moving forward.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where would we be without Curran! So good to have him as he can be dangerous on an edge and a workhouse in the middle. Can't wait to have Preston and Mann back in the team. A right edge of Preston, Critta and Kiraz will be hard to hold out, just need the right half-back to set them up!

I see Hayward dropping out for Mann and either Morrin or Salman for Preston. Would think Fa'ama comes back in for Patolo.
Yep - my bench is - Mann, Kautoga, Taaffe and (Knight/Todd/Faamaa). Tough on Salman, Morrin and Hayward - but they'd be back.
Can't see CC doing this though.
I do think Knight and Jack Todd are ahead of Faamaa at the mo. Certainly their stats are better.
Can't wait for Jack Todd to play NRL. A big, fit, fast, skilled prop who can bust tackles, step, offload and pass like a 5/8. And he can tackle too!!
He's absolutely perfect for CC's style of quick line speed D.
No doubt he's being nursed into it.
Lovin' a Prop rotation of King, Hughes and Todd!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of Hutch as a halfback and would prefer him play reserves but he tries extremely hard and by all accounts is a real good human being. Booing our own player when he comes up on the big screen is fucking disgraceful, embarrassing and very childish. Grow up you morons.
Same thing happens to Sexton, it's a piss poor effort by flogs that don't have fucking clue.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably the Facebook fans that were jizzing over Lachlan Lewis and were cut when he wasn’t re signed. Numpties

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could never boo Hutch I have called out him being tackled on the 4th and would like to see Taffe, but Hutch will forever be part of the turnaround for this great club..I will always remember Kiraz debut wishing he had some help he has now.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We are 12th on the ladder. Storm and Sharks are at the top, we played well against those two teams for the first 60 mins. Had we beaten Souffs and Storm we would be top 4.
I am kind of Glad that didn't happen, if we where top four now the expectations and pressure from fans and media would be next lvl. this side is just starting to find its feet and gel it doesn't need the added pressure of unrealistic expectations from external noise, just need to keep flying under the radar and racking up wins.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Penrith at Penrith will be a test. But top 4 defence so far is definitely something to be proud of
Canterbury Panthers vs Penrith Panthers
Hutch is doing OK, but he would never have managed that off the cuff TA that Taaffe did for the last try. The ball would have died with him. Despite being sound defensively (according to some), you expect more from your HB. My choice would be Taaffe in the HB moving forward.
Good call. Hutchinson would have 100% did a step inside, we all know that. I don't think he can pass left to right (strange for a lefty). That is why Crighton has been quiet because he is not getting good ball.