OFFICIAL | POST-GAME Round 7 | Post game | Bulldogs 36 - 12 Knights

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still can’t believe how competitive we’ve been with the pack we have. King and Curran have been massive and Hughes is really growing into a quality prop, but outisde of them it’s a bit thin. Morrin adds something but tbh on paper we are one of the worst packs, yet have competed well with most teams.

luke.thmpsn

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm sorry but there are some right fucking entitled lemons on here.

Just smoked the Knights. A disallowed try on top of that, so could've scored over 40!

But people still feel the need to come on and talk trash about Hutch.

WTF are you lot smoking?
We put Taaffe on for Hutch at the end of the game. I think they are trying out Taaffe at 7.

I was on the "wait and see" bandwagon all this time. But I waited and I saw. He doesn't do the kicking, that's Burton. He makes runs with no penetration and doesn't seem to be involved when we score that often.

I don't think he's terrible, or dragging the team down. But Ciraldo clearly is looking for an upgrade and will likely try Taaffe there next game against the tigers.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

luke.thmpsn

Waterboy
Reaction score
nah we need the bye, we have a few players playing with niggling injuries and we should be getting preston and mann back for the tigers game
I love that we've played so well with those 2 out of the team. Imagine the game against Storm. But with Preston and Mann in also. Fair chance the first try doesn't happen and we aren't chasing all game.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That puts the nail in the coffin of the "Burton to centre" schtick.

Burton kicked us out of trouble on every set we got stuck in. Got a 40/20, bombs galore and set up a try on both sides of the park.

He's our #6 for as long as he wants it.

thats what happens when confidence! Told you alll. It’s a bloody team effort, we have been doing that for weeks now!

luke.thmpsn

Waterboy
Reaction score
I still can’t believe how competitive we’ve been with the pack we have. King and Curran have been massive and Hughes is really growing into a quality prop, but outisde of them it’s a bit thin. Morrin adds something but tbh on paper we are one of the worst packs, yet have competed well with most teams.
That's Burton.

The first half, whenever we had a set not make many metres, Burto would kick us out of trouble. Either a bomb or that 40/20.

Knights got stuck in their own end a few times and we rarely did.

Burton is a gun #6 with an enormous ceiling to his development.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
at full strength with King, Hughes, Mahoney, Kikau, Preston, Mann and Curran on the bench that's a decent mobile pack. Just need a couple of decent consistent big boppers on the bench alongside Curran.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's Burton.

The first half, whenever we had a set not make many metres, Burto would kick us out of trouble. Either a bomb or that 40/20.

Knights got stuck in their own end a few times and we rarely did.

Burton is a gun #6 with an enormous ceiling to his development.

Burton's big boot is a huge plus when we are stuck at our end but its at the other end in the attacking zone where he has often gone quiet.

luke.thmpsn

Waterboy
Reaction score
I do find it funny when we cirtiziced burto for a bad performance when we won, it was hell
On earth but Hutcho is getting chopped on here despite playing well in a good win :grinning:
Ciraldo put Taaffe on for Hutcho for 12 minutes. He's likely got a trial.

I think even Ciraldo might have seen enough.

Let's see at the tigers game.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I don't disagree at all . . . But we now have a hooker that is getting sin binned for dumbass behaviour . . . It's not just simple Jack. Perhaps if Jack put 1 on him,Mahoney would wake up to himself
Reed can be a pest, but that’s ON the field, and I love that he has it in him. So should all dogs supporters tbh. That’s where it should end but dickhead Jack wanted to be a thug after the fact. I can’t remember ever seeing a player have a go in the sheds.

Also, wtf did Reed do that was bin worthy? Be a smart arse?! Big deal, Hethro clipped him around the ear which started it.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch didn’t play well bro hahhahha
Fark me bro, that comment from Berries tells you everything you need to know about his footy IQ, i.e he has NFI lmao. Hutch does a lot, but achieves very little. Countless times he took on the defence on the 4th or otherwise did a shit play that stopped our momentum in it’s tracks.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon Mahoney wanted to be anywhere but on the end of Hetheringtons fist . . . It's 1 thing to be pushing blokes when there is no possibility of consequences . . . But in that corridor Mahoney wanted his mummy
He wasn’t expecting the dip shit to throw a punch, he looked for all money like he was joking even the blokes behind him where laughing until he threw the punch. Reed was just taken by surprise.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Things I learnt from today’s game:

- Today’s win was clearly a diversion by the NRL and their corrupt betting agency partners to cover their anti-Bulldog agenda.

- We need to sign Flanagan to coach, Ciraldo is only an assistant. Hard to see how he lasts as our young Padawan predicted.

- Speaking of assistants, what a massive miss by Gus not getting Holbrook who has expertly assisted the Chooks into the Top 11

- Critta needs to go to fullback (let’s disregard the lines he’s running).

- Burton needs to go to centre, even though Xerri scored today and Critta’s leadership is superb. Even off the ball he never shuts up.

- Reed Mahoney is a liability and momentum killer with poor service.

- Foxx is overpaid and should be offloaded.

- More utilities than a B&S ball has been an unmitigated disaster.

6 points coming up: today, bye then the Tigtanic. Get your pom poms out as the colourful circus identities liked to say.

GO DOGS! :-)
Bro be postitive for a change addo carr killed it ciraldo is the reason for our change in defense and Mahoney in defense was mad in stages Hutchison the only momentum killer

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fark me bro, that comment from Berries tells you everything you need to know about his footy IQ, i.e he has NFI lmao. Hutch does a lot, but achieves very little. Countless times he took on the defence on the 4th or otherwise did a shit play that stopped our momentum in it’s tracks.
To be fair Berries said he was sitting in the nose bleeds with the sun in his face (he may have been 6 beers deep too)

I agree with your points on Hutch..he does get involved a lot and is trying but just frustrating to see him stifle the right edge for 7 rounds only to see Taffe unlock it within 5 mins!

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But he tackles!
We don’t want someone who leaks points we will go backwards!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn’t expecting the dip shit to throw a punch, he looked for all money like he was joking even the blokes behind him where laughing until he threw the punch. Reed was just taken by surprise.
He also looked drunk the way he feel backwards as the trainers pulled him away. I wanna know when this was? If just after they both left the field he hasn’t had time to down some beers lol.