No Source Trey Mooney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have heard a few whispers from people around the junior games etc that we were looking at Trey Mooney from Canberra.

Not sure how accurate this is but if so could be another masterful Gould signing. A young forward with incredible upside.
I've seen a few comments on Raiders Facebook forums saying he's going to the Dogs. No sources, but just interesting to read that stuff on a post about him making his way into FG.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been saying this for 6 MONTHS!!!
I have heard a few whispers from people around the junior games etc that we were looking at Trey Mooney from Canberra.

Not sure how accurate this is but if so could be another masterful Gould signing. A young forward with incredible upside.
Don't worry guys. One mistake and this place will eat Mooney alive.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember @Kempsey Dog talking Mooney up 2 years ago.. A lot of us have been hoping for us to sign him for a while now given Canberra's forward depth. Although they do have quite a few injured right now..

It sounds too good to be true though and Stuart loves to hoard forwards that he'll never play big minutes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember @Kempsey Dog talking Mooney up 2 years ago.. A lot of us have been hoping for us to sign him for a while now given Canberra's forward depth. Although they do have quite a few injured right now..

It sounds too good to be true though and Stuart loves to hoard forwards that he'll never play big minutes.
Yeah man we just have to hope he sees a future elsewhere. I think it's pretty obvious Trey and his manager know that more opportunity and money awaits outside Canberra. His Dad making a fuss about him being stuck in reserves holds weight imo.
Like many have said, Raiders pack is stacked and something has to give. Like even if they keep Mooney and have to release Guler and we nab him that's a win.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He's been available since November, something is holding up negotiations, commonly it's the player wants a contract bump, term and value, and the club wants a shorter term and/or lower value contract. Does he/his manager (Sam Ayoub) think that his value will go up when he plays more NRL games? Is Stewart deliberately avoiding picking him so that his value stays low? They need to be seen out and about, lunching with other clubs, that'll bring it to a head.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I’ve heard similarly….reality is, he gets regular NRL exposure with us immediately, that’s not going to happen at Raiders for a few more years

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has anyone got any reason to believe this guy is a target ?