Race Fixed?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is a crazy race today, pride of jenni beat the heavily backed via sistina

its weird because the winner is not really doing groundbreaking sectionals the way it looks, 15.14-11.99-11.54 to build a huge lead after 600m i think can only be described as the rest of the pack dawdling, but surely they must know they are handing it the race?, it then sprints up mid race to extend its lead and i have no idea how the others thought they were going to win

as soon as i saw the early sectionals and the lead built all i could think of was that it was fixed, especially because the TAB had to retract their $8 special on via sistina earlier in the day i assume because they were in trouble and everybody was taking it up

but then its a $5 million race, how do you go about rigging that?, what are the chances all the other riders just misjudged it to that extent? but what are the chances that in rigging the race they would choose to make such a big obvious mistake

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i know that horse racing is above board and there has never been any reason to ever suspect anything, but don't call me a conspiracy theorist until you look at the tape, its a very weird race

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't look fixed to me. The favourite that ran second was actually quicker this race than their last race in which they won.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw i know that horse racing is above board and there has never been any reason to ever suspect anything, but don't call me a conspiracy theorist until you look at the tape, its a very weird race
"btw i know that horse racing is above board" yeah right!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Doesn't look fixed to me. The favourite that ran second was actually quicker this race than their last race in which they won.
in middle distance races like these the horses aren't running as fast as they can all the time or they would tire out, so it becomes a tactical affair

the previous race you are talking about was a slowly run race and via sistina was comfortable that it could outsprint them, this is ok because everyone is doing it and works if you stay close enough so that you only need to outsprint them by a smaller amount

in the situation today the race is naturally going to be faster with chasing a tearaway leader, im talking about the tactics in letting him get that soft of a lead to begin with, usually if someone had built up that lead its because they have gone super hard and everyone else is confident that it will die in the ass

this is not one of those situations, 15.14, 11.99 and 11.54 sectionals is quick but definitely not enough to gain that sort of lead, the others were just going suicidally slowly, its either a huge fuck up or intentional

a race to compare it to is the 2023 Australian cup prelude over the same distance on a good 4, the leaders ran 14.11, 11.30 and 11.63, and the field is one large clump at this point, so that race everybody is already 1.6 seconds or about 8 lengths ahead of jenni and jenni would have finished 8th a long way back

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every jockey in Hong Kong would go to jail for that. Farcical scenes @Rodzilla

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
@Rodzilla sign up to Betfair and bet live or lay
yes i do that, its such a pleasure to root for one horses downfall rather than win, but it is very damaging if it wins

here is an expert basically confirming what i said, which proves i am an expert too because i said it 40 hours beforehand, he doesnt go as far to say it was rigged but he knows how unusual it was, but keep in mind that it saved the TAB who were set to lose big time if Via Sistina won

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yes i do that, its such a pleasure to root for one horses downfall rather than win, but it is very damaging if it wins

here is an expert basically confirming what i said, which proves i am an expert too because i said it 40 hours beforehand, he doesnt go as far to say it was rigged but he knows how unusual it was, but keep in mind that it saved the TAB who were set to lose big time if Via Sistina won

Losing a lay bet is horrific for the bottom line. Always that one donkey favourite that wins

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
waller having a sook that mr brightside didn't take the field up to the tearaway leader, waller had 3 in the race if he wanted a pacemaker he could have directed one of his own runners do it
one thing about pommy gallops the big distance races there's always pacemakers in the race
personally, I liked the daring tactics employed on pride of jenni, gutsy ride, similar sectionals to its previous run, just a far bigger mid race margin

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
waller having a sook that mr brightside didn't take the field up to the tearaway leader, waller had 3 in the race if he wanted a pacemaker he could have directed one of his own runners do it
one thing about pommy gallops the big distance races there's always pacemakers in the race
personally, I liked the daring tactics employed on pride of jenni, gutsy ride, similar sectionals to its previous run, just a far bigger mid race margin
Pommy races with 5 horses and one of them being a page makers sucks though

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was at randwick yesterday and it was unbelievable seeing it live.

One thing iv noticed though, is everytime sportsbet do a promotion where they give boosted odds on a favourite in a group 1. It's usually gonna shit the bed.

But pride of Jenni was on some fucking demon time man

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
this is a crazy race today, pride of jenni beat the heavily backed via sistina

its weird because the winner is not really doing groundbreaking sectionals the way it looks, 15.14-11.99-11.54 to build a huge lead after 600m i think can only be described as the rest of the pack dawdling, but surely they must know they are handing it the race?, it then sprints up mid race to extend its lead and i have no idea how the others thought they were going to win

as soon as i saw the early sectionals and the lead built all i could think of was that it was fixed, especially because the TAB had to retract their $8 special on via sistina earlier in the day i assume because they were in trouble and everybody was taking it up

but then its a $5 million race, how do you go about rigging that?, what are the chances all the other riders just misjudged it to that extent? but what are the chances that in rigging the race they would choose to make such a big obvious mistake

Pride of jenni usually leads.
Won a G1 last start beating Mr brightside who was fav.
Just a cracking horse in great form over her preferred distance really.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
a far bigger margin because craig williams rigged the race, saved the TAB and dogged everybody who put money on brightside or any other horse to win, there is nothing that can be done after jenni got a free 20 length headstart

and it wasn't daring tactics that got it that lead, its opening 600m was slow if anything, (in a normal genuinely run race jenni would be 8 lengths off the lead) the others were sabotaged by williams and he did it in a flash, if he doesn't want to do the trucking work then don't push up to be 2nd to pride of jenni whos tactics are well known

he pushed up to be 2nd then planted the brakes when jenni was not going hard, it took a few seconds for it to be over then all the other riders know they are racing for 2nd place, thats why Via Sistina or anybody else doesnt set out after the leader, they know the leader has done no work and they have no hope because they would need to do work to catch up to the horse that did no work

next time craig williams has a great idea to drop back 20 lengths and give another horse a free 20 length headstart, id appreciate it if he announced it first so that people don't bet on his horse

and i have no idea why he isn't suspended, jockeys are suspended all the time for actions that greatly reduces a chance of winning, this action totally eliminated its chance of winning and he was on the 2nd or 3rd favourite

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Pride of jenni usually leads.
Won a G1 last start beating Mr brightside who was fav.
Just a cracking horse in great form over her preferred distance really.
it got run down in the group 1 last start, it faded out in its other 2000m start, its 2:02.02 is nothing special and it would have got run down again, ive already got 25 horses that beat that time recently including Naval College who is only up to listed races so far but posted a 1:51.1 which is good enough to beat that Jenni run by 15 lengths, so 2000m is not its preferred distance

the only thing you said that was correct is that its a cracking horse (over 1600m) and usually leads

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not rigged the jocks dropped the ball or more likely just didn't have any balls.
Winner probably did go quicker for longer because her last 600 was very slow close to 38 seconds and overall they went 2mins 2 seconds as you said which isnt rapid...idk what sectional Via Sistina ran and dont care really but it would have been 2+ seconds quicker than Jenni probably but that's just a guess.

Haven't read all your posts but Mr B was NEVER going to be the no 1 chaser, horse is just a little suss at 2000 plus jock Williams was under pressure for some previous rides.
Also I thought Hayes had said that morning he might go back from the wide draw that didnt happen either.I would though bet plenty Craig Williams is straight as a die and not even a minuscule bit dodgy.
I'm just spewing I didn't back her.

Also not sure of this $8 Tab special for VS as i'm in W.A but as it was in the low $2 s.p range that sounds an extraordinarily high "bonus" even for a small Max bet.
Probably withdrew it because someone fucked up and pressed the 8 key instead of the 5 lol

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it got run down in the group 1 last start, it faded out in its other 2000m start, its 2:02.02 is nothing special and it would have got run down again, ive already got 25 horses that beat that time recently including Naval College who is only up to listed races so far but posted a 1:51.1 which is good enough to beat that Jenni run by 15 lengths, so 2000m is not its preferred distance

the only thing you said that was correct is that its a cracking horse (over 1600m) and usually leads
Just beaten in 2 minutes .05 at Flemington by one that just had the perfect economical run in history she may not be the best 2000m horse in Aus but she isn't soft either.
Other flop was on the heavy last autumn she is probably better suited on top of the ground with all 4 group 1s coming on good ground? Also.she has improved vastly in the last 2 preps.
Not sure if you backed Mr B? but if you had of asked me I would have said don't.. *though I still would have steered you into a short priced lower the runner up.

If you read this before the All Aged tomorrow, look at Magic Time(e.w)she will run a cracker, was terrific when only beaten a length in a hot TJ first up.