Burton is a half

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton gets criticised for Kikau having a shit season and guys like Xerri, Critta, Fox etc not playing to their potential.

On a night when Kikau dominates and is having one of his best seasons, Fox scores 3 tries and Xerri has his best game since he came back, Burton has to get credit for giving them early ball and giving them chances to show their ability. He did a lot more good things than just that pass to Fox.

His kicking game at the end and long kicking game in general as well as the conversions were his main issues tonight.
I see it as a lose-win situation, if we are right about Burton, then we lose as we have a dud.

If we are wrong about him, then we win by finding a good 5/8th.

I'd rather be wrong tbh

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton gets criticised for Kikau having a shit season and guys like Xerri, Critta, Fox etc not playing to their potential.

On a night when Kikau dominates and is having one of his best seasons, Fox scores 3 tries and Xerri has his best game since he came back, Burton has to get credit for giving them early ball and giving them chances to show their ability. He did a lot more good things than just that pass to Fox.

His kicking game at the end and long kicking game in general as well as the conversions were his main issues tonight.
So we're happy to let our 900k running half just be a link man?

I watched the 2019 NSW SOO with Burton and Taafe in the halves to mainly sus out Taafe D. What i saw was a Burton who i would choose over Cleary... Yeah that fukn good! Setting up tries and line breaks through kicks, short balls, long balls, offloads and scoring tries with his running game... Untouchable, MOM, crazy good.

The main difference between 19 yr old Burto and 23 yr old Burton... Energy. Energy he brings on an inconsistent basis.

Oh and Taafe, good with ball, hides in defence.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton was great last night. A few poor kicks at the end but he should not have to do that, he isn't a halfback.

We are a decent halfback short of winning last night for so many reasons. Burton I'll say forever, will be an elite 5/8 once we fix our no7.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton was great last night. A few poor kicks at the end but he should not have to do that, he isn't a halfback.

We are a decent halfback short of winning last night for so many reasons. Burton I'll say forever, will be an elite 5/8 once we fix our no7.
An elite 5/8 can close out games. Munster did exactly that.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Outside of his try assist, pretty big catch and pass passenger last night, nothing has changed. Our centre playing fullback was kicking for majority of the game. This bloke is murdering our salary cap
Geez you have some rediculous takes on things!! Burton is one of the cheapest 5/8s in the NRLol. Get a grip.