OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just read this: " Matt Burton hadn’t converted a left sideline conversion all season and he missed again"

Negative points mister Ciraldo. Wtf r u doing not finding an alternate kicker then? Those lost us the game in the end.
Need more options so we are able to score closer to the sticks

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Our back 5 has flexibility & depth this year.

Wing - Fox, Kiraz, Wilson, Skelton - a lotta great options there.
Centres - Critta, Xerri, Kiraz
FB - Tracy, Taaffe, Critta (even Kiraz)

As for HB - Did anyone see Cassius Tia play for the Reggies last game. There's some serious potential right there!!
Agreed, unfortunate moments. He did make 36 tackles in 42 minutes on the field with 4 misses. Some of his hits are heavy too!!
Plus (as a #9), he distributes efficiently.

Wonder if CC is looking for his perfect 13 & 14? Salmon, Mann, Hutch, Turpin, Hayward.
Long term HB options ?? - Taaffe, Oloapu, Cassis Tia, Mitchell Woods, O'Neill ....Sexton & Biondi Odo (don't seem to be CC's favs)

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Need more options so we are able to score closer to the sticks
Exactly!!
I've often wondered why all teams don't have a right foot kicker AND a left foot kicker.
Given that most kickers put a bit of 'hook/draw' on the ball, it HAS to "open" the posts up from one side and "narrow" them from the other side.
I haven't done the Math, but surely an Engineer or some clever math brain can work out exactly what that equation & probability is.
Like 'real temperature' and 'apparent temperature' based on wind chill factor.
Apparent width of goal posts due to parabolic pathway of a hooking ball. (or some shit like that).
I wonder if it would vary depending on how much draw/hook a kicker imparted on the ball??
This "draw co-efficient" could revolutionise the approach to goalkicking.

Course you could always kick straight!! But like Golf - that doesn't seem to happen very often.

C'mon Math brains ....Gimme an equation.. lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly!!
I've often wondered why all teams don't have a right foot kicker AND a left foot kicker.
Given that most kickers put a bit of 'hook/draw' on the ball, it HAS to "open" the posts up from one side and "narrow" them from the other side.
I haven't done the Math, but surely an Engineer or some clever math brain can work out exactly what that equation & probability is.
Apparent width of goal posts due to parabolic pathway of a hooking ball. (or some shit like that).
I wonder if it would vary depending on how much draw/hook a kicker imparted on the ball??

Course you could always kick straight!! But like Golf - that doesn't seem to happen very often.

You just horribly complicated "stuff" for flat earthers lol

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly!!

or just practice your conversation so you can have a good probability of converting from both sides.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was extremely disappointed we lost but after watching the replay today I haven’t felt this good about a performance in a while
Xerri is the strike player in our backline we have lacked for so long. The way he left Meaney for dead to set up JAC’s first try and then the quick hands for his second. He’s meant to be in first grade. Defensively he was pretty good too.
There were a couple of moments the Dogs failed to take advantage and this is the area of improvement for them as they work to become a winning team. Part of that is Burtons goal kicking. Anyway, still loved it. CC is a genius of defence. Cannot believe how good he’s got these blokes defending.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know lol got up crying lol this is a bloke who’s played origin
Toughen up princess it’s just a forearm to the jaw
I think he just didn't like being done dirty by a rookie.. there's hands and forearms in faces most tackles.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am not saying he hasn’t been a good signing. I respect what he has done as setting standards off and on the field in defence but you can’t say he’s showed his full potential in attack.
He won’t show his full attacking potential with hutch there. He had Cleary putting everything on a platter for him. Guarantee anyone in that panthers backline would not do the same once they leave the panthers.