OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know. Seriously how this guy has played so much first grade is beyond me. He didn’t look this bad at the Roosters did he? Surely they wouldn’t tolerate this crap
Just a bargin bin buy to fill a hole until something decent comes onto the market or through the juniors don’t know if Ciraldo will swap him for Taffe but we’ll see I guess.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's clear to all, except one guy on here and CC, that the 7 has to change.

Best option is Taafe 7 and Tracey 1. It looks like CC won't ever willingly pick Sexton first choice 7 for who knows how long.
Taafe 7 and Tracey 1 would have won us the game today. I would have Skelton on the bench for impact instead of Patolo's stock 15 minutes cameos. I'm sure that Skelton wouldn't have missed 7 tackles.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Taafe 7 and Tracey 1 would have won us the game today. I would have Skelton on the bench for impact instead of Patolo's stock 15 minutes cameos. I'm sure that Skelton wouldn't have missed 7 tackles.
It's gotten clearer now that CC loves Taafe, Kiraz and Tracey. Xerri's form and physicality is what the team needs. Fox when uninjured will always be picked along with Burto and Critta.

There's no other option apart from Tracey at 14 if CC puts Taafe at 1.

Seems a dead set necessity and best for the team to move Hutch out of 7 into 14.

Agree with Skelly on the bench for Patolo till he gets more game ready.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taafe would have cost us the game by missing way too many tackles.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one livid that the first try wasn’t an obstruction? Keary had a penalty taken off knights last night for the exact same shape? Wtf….
No but im livid because he stole the ball once the tackle was complete.... Papenahuzen tackled, Curran touched the ground, he steals the ball. What happened to tackle complete once you lay hands on attacker once they hit the ground?

The whole game was against us... The refs, the commentary and the gambling.

Just like old times we almost won it regardless in TRUE BULLDOG STYLE except we couldn't ice a game becuase our halves are shit organizers.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our left edge is basically just Kikau being in career best form and everyone else attacking the space he creates. Burton at least showed some genuine playmaking ability with the final try but we definitely need far more in attack. I hope Tracey gets a genuine run at fullback.
Good on ya for saying Burton showed genuine playmaking...

Should be acknowledged the fact that Burton is putting Kikau in good spots and feeding him early ball to get those 1 on 1's with halves. The combination has improved out of sight, Kikau making it impossible for defences to jam Burton, Burton getting the ball where it needs to be.

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Taafe would have cost us the game by missing way too many tackles.
Not any worse than the 7 missed tackles from Hutchinson and the 4 tackles missed by Turpin.

At least Taafe has the speed to make a line break rather than thinking he can like Hutchinson. You can basically see the opposition defender ignoring Hutchinson because they know he's too slow and the cover defender will tackle him every day of the week. Not the same story if we had either Taafe, Sexton, Hayward, O'Neill or Biondi-Odo there. JUST TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR THE NUMBER 7 NEXT WEEK PLEASE!

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not any worse than the 7 missed tackles from Hutchinson and the 4 tackles missed by Turpin.

At least Taafe has the speed to make a line break rather than thinking he can like Hutchinson. You can basically see the opposition defender ignoring Hutchinson because they know he's too slow and the cover defender will tackle him every day of the week. Not the same story if we had either Taafe, Sexton, Hayward, O'Neill or Biondi-Odo there. JUST TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR THE NUMBER 7 NEXT WEEK PLEASE!
No. It would hurt our defence. No changes needed

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a bargin bin buy to fill a hole until something decent comes onto the market or through the juniors don’t know if Ciraldo will swap him for Taffe but we’ll see I guess.
Sexton, O’Neill or even Taaffe couldn’t be worse surely

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good on ya for saying Burton showed genuine playmaking...

Should be acknowledged the fact that Burton is putting Kikau in good spots and feeding him early ball to get those 1 on 1's with halves. The combination has improved out of sight, Kikau making it impossible for defences to jam Burton, Burton getting the ball where it needs to be.
When he does it I'll call it out. Kikau getting early ball is the basics and the team right now looks to be setup this way. We need to develop far more variety in our attack if we don't want to hit another wall over the next month or two.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a loss to rage at, we put it up a full strength storm at their home. If we had Hazem now we would have won. Burton cant kick from fox's side. Which sucks since thsts where we will score most. We need someone who can kick from that side or we will lose more matches due to poor goalkicking
Sexton Can kick from that side

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A Show and go wouldn't go missing in his game FFS.
That and early ball to Kikau should really be the go to for Burton when nothing is on, the basics of the basics. The bloke is big enough to push away from a defender a create opportunities from nothing. A bit like Tommy, Manu, Munster, etc.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That and early ball to Kikau should really be the go to for Burton when nothing is on, the basics of the basics. The bloke is big enough to push away from a defender a create opportunities from nothing. A bit like Tommy, Manu, Munster, etc.
He could be as good as them soon.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sexton, O’Neill or even Taaffe couldn’t be worse surely
Sexton wouldn’t be worse but I doubt he’d be any better I’d be surprised if they would consider O’Neil for this year they will want those kids to have a full preseason In their FG positions before they blood them Taffe is the only genuine option IMo but I don’t know if he’ll go that route.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, our boys stood up today

All of them! I have NFI how people are criticising patalo and kautoga

The only one that desperately needs replacing from our forwards in salmon. He just ain't it.
Ha e you watched the replay of the Blore try? Kiti is right there and just watches his go over. It was mentioned he might have been called offside (might have even been said by you?) if so it’s understandable, but it looked like he just accepted that he was going in.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good call. You forgot the hospital passes that he throws. He threw two big ones today - one to Hughes who knocked it on when he literally had a defensive storm guy touching him and then the other to Tracey who knocked it on off the scrum who had Coates lining him up. He then has a gobful to say to Hughes for not catching it too.

Surely the team must watch video replays of the bad plays during the week to try and prevent them from happening next week? What do they say to defend such mediocrity? Or does everyone get a participation award.
He’s the only one I don’t get. Everyone els is improving, hutch is going backwards