OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random stat: JAC becomes the first player in NRL history to score a hatrick with a pack of winnie blues up his sleeve

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else feel this way? We were so close to our best win in the last 10 years, we were weakened vs storm full strength. I know i should be proud and i am, but the lack of game management killed us there. I cant get my head around it, id have been watching that game every day for the next year had we got over the line, im so disappointed, just key moments cost us. Such a rubbish try to lose on, we deserved that win.
Same here. We were the better team. This half back issue needs to be rectified asap within the squad. Hutchinson is just not it. A competent game manager would’ve iced that game

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchinson awful tonight. And Critta. If he’s fit I like cock.
Critta hasn't been able to stride out all year.. saw it in the trial game and hasn't gotten better.. when coates made the break (that Mahoney cover tackled) and critta turned and chased he was the slowest man on the field.. went backwards

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a few others have said, Critta was a big disappointment tonight. If we got the best version of him instead we’d have probably won. Eta: I’m not going to be too critical of him, he looks injured and he’s been shoved from left to right a couple of times and am I crazy but didn’t he start the game at fb but was hooked after a few minutes?

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good signs next week is a must win 100% then we have a bye

we can beat Newcastle and head into a bye 4 points should put us close to the 8 if not in I would say

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We played the full eighty showed some real grit proud of the team coach and club we are on our way back.That was a full strength Melbourne side we took to the wire
Storm just have too much class in the spine to get them home, we can hold our heads high we actually have a team ripping in every week that we can be proud of

Tough draw to open the season now we get to play meh teams which we should beat and claim the odd heavyweight scalp along the way

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else feel this way? We were so close to our best win in the last 10 years, we were weakened vs storm full strength. I know i should be proud and i am, but the lack of game management killed us there. I cant get my head around it, id have been watching that game every day for the next year had we got over the line, im so disappointed, just key moments cost us. Such a rubbish try to lose on, we deserved that win.
Goalkicking too. Would have made the difference tonight. They said Burton hasn't kicked one from the sideline on the left side in how long ? Bet any money he doesn't do extras at training. Why don't they let Crichton kick those ?

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutchinson really needs to be replaced, doesnt give us anything in attack, nothing either in defence, thought the big moments were burton kicking that ball, didnt kick deep enough, really shitty play that, burton bar that pass was real average tonight. Kiraz getting put into touch, its a shame he has no pace, but at 14-10, to get put into touch tackle 3 on the 30 is so poor from us, no game management. Lastly, Turpin, i think its clear hes not a first grader, knock on first carry and that 1 on 1 miss tackle on hughes on their 40 resulted in him running 30 metres upfield and them scoring, a real awful tackle attempt. Im hurting right now as we deserved to win that, shoutout to Tracey, Xerri, Fox and Kiraz, even hughes without the bin, who i thought were outstanding.
Mate couldn’t have said it better myself. Our game management in the last 5 minutes when in front by 4 points was atrocious. That loss hurts the as much as the famous good Friday game and any of the last 10 years.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kutoga had didn’t even attempt to take Blore if you watch it but the boys did deserve to win really im
Not dissatisfied or disappointed they played with heart and 80
Mins
It was such a bad miss it is possible Kautoga was called offside. Which he probably was.
If not it was a shocker. And cost the game.

Although Hutchison's attempt to beat four defenders 3 minutes from FT on the last was a also a good attempt to throw the game away.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well we should reunite the halves paring and see how they go.

Taffee can't be worse than hutch even if he tried.
I doubt either would be worse than hutch, I worry about Taaffes tendency to run sideways a bit and hold the ball from what I've seen, I'd like to see Sexton get a shot, I think he will add a bit of spark and at least he has a short kicking game.