News Team Tips Round 6-Bulldogs make mass changes

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team tips: It was carnage for the Bulldogs in Round 5. Blake Taaffe won’t take the field after suffering an ugly concussion, meaning Stephen Crichton will likely shift back into the fullback role. Connor Tracey is also in doubt after suffering a calf injury, but Cameron Ciraldo will be desperate for him to take the field. That leaves two spots in the outside backs to fill and Josh Addo-Carr (concussion). Should Tracey be fit to take the field, Blake Wilson will likely miss out after being sidelined due to illness in Round 5, with both Jacob Kiraz shifting into the centres to partner Bronson Xerri who was solid on return after a four-year NRL exile. Meanwhile, Kurt Mann played through with a broken hand and is set for time on the sidelines. Chris Patolo only played 12 minutes due to a shoulder injury and Harrison Edwards was also taken off the field by a medicab after a neck injury. Viliame Kikau also battled with a knee injury, but he could be good to go, meaning the Bulldogs need three forwards to fill their pack. Jaeman Salmon will likely shift back to lock, bringing either Josh Curran or Kitione Kautoga into the backrow. Sam Hughes is also set to join the front row, meaning Ciraldo stills needs two players to fill out his bench. Liam Knight will likely return, with Zane Tetevano or Jirah Momoisea in line to also be picked after joining the club in 2024.

Last edited:

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs may receive Josh Addo-Carr back to face his former team, but they sustained a magnitude of injuries last week that will have severe ramifications for Round 6.

Blake Taaffe (concussion) is significant absence and will shake up the club's backline dramatically.

News Corp has reported that Connor Tracey (calf) and Kurt Mann (hand fracture) will both miss the game, while Chris Patolo (neck pain) and Harrison Edwards (neck pain) are also in doubt.

The publication understands that Bailey Hayward will likely be called up, while Max King (wrist) will push to be available.

Projected Round 6 Team: 1. Stephen Crichton 2. Blake Wilson 3. Jacob Kiraz 4. Bronson Xerri 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Samuel Hughes 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Josh Curran 13. Jaeman Salmon 14. Zane Tetevano 15. Bailey Hayward 16. Kitione Kautoga 17. Poasa Faamausili
Would rather a young prop over tetevano, and chricton at centre

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
They obviously have not been watching Reggie’s no way Zane comes in. Also Hayward and Poasa were rested so they clearly have the front running. Knight was pretty solid too so he would be in the mix.Hoppoi, Todd and Knight all played around 50 min with Hopoi playing 50 odd straight so fitness will not be an issue.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I hope we don't bring in tentavno or momsiea

Tentavno shouldn't have got a top 30 spot to being with he is way off the pace even at cup level Gus wanted to bring him back it should have been on a train and trial not a top 30 FFS

And momsiea has been playing Ron Massey cup that tells you the level he is at against the roosters was his first cup game since he come over from Parramatta

If Tracey along with Taffe are out as a post mentioned above wouldn't mind bringing in Joash of the bench can cover a number of positions and second of all I would go Todd should over both tentavno and momsiea

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree keep Chrighton centre we need the line speed and new edges coming in we need as little structural change as poss… I suggested Xerri fullback… just trying to think of least disruption defence… fuck I rated Taffe tackle on Dom on the fly.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree keep Chrighton centre we need the line speed and new edges coming in we need as little structural change as poss… I suggested Xerri fullback… just trying to think of least disruption defence… fuck I rated Taffe tackle on Dom on the fly.
Geez mate big ask for Xerri give how long he has been out. Hughes also has a great kicking game.

Kiraz played the world cup there and went ok. Need someone good under the high ball

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez mate big ask for Xerri give how long he has been out. Hughes also has a great kicking game.

Kiraz played the world cup there and went ok. Need someone good under the high ball
Yeh he hasn’t trained there but he is ok under a high ball, is much faster than Kiraz and others, is fit no injuries… is hungry to prove a point emotional before game last week, cleaned up kicks in goal against roosters. He hasn’t trained there according to the coach’s on here, but would be handy to keep our defensive line with some structure.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So has Patolo actually been ruled out? If he has CC should apply for dispensation and play Hopoi or Todd before Tetevano who doesn't even look NSW Cup standard. Has Edwards also actually been ruled out? Has the club made a statement becuase Zero Tackle and numerous other media outlets write speculation and it gets taken as fact by some readers.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck I hope we don't bring in tentavno or momsiea

Tentavno shouldn't have got a top 30 spot to being with he is way off the pace even at cup level Gus wanted to bring him back it should have been on a train and trial not a top 30 FFS

And momsiea has been playing Ron Massey cup that tells you the level he is at against the roosters was his first cup game since he come over from Parramatta

If Tracey along with Taffe are out as a post mentioned above wouldn't mind bringing in Joash of the bench can cover a number of positions and second of all I would go Todd should over both tentavno and momsiea
Totally agree.. Tetz is atleast 6 weeks from getting match fit for a bench spot int the NRL whilst Momosia was lucky to get a 10min at the back end of last week and couldnt even get through that. The "Team Tipster" is fcukn way off.

Toddy and Hopoi would be walk ins the way they're going in cup, but pity CC and Gus wasted their spot in the 30 on Tetevano. Cant remember if they can go for an exemption due to injuries and suspensions though.

I dont think Paps ggets the nod this week, we got cover in the backs.

Makes sense to move Hutch to lock and bring Sexton in but im also hearing Hayward is on Stand by for Mann? Im Hoping CC goes Sexton 7, Hutch bench and Hayward 18th man tbh.

Hope he goes.

1.Critz
2.JAC
3.Kiraz
4.Xerri
5.Wilson
6.Burtos
7.Sex
8.King
9.Mahoney
10.Knight
11.Kikz
12.Cuz
13.Hutch

14. Salmon
15. Hughes
16. Kautogo
17. Patolo

18. Hayward.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the 5. Just swap around:
1. Wilson
2. Fox
3. Critta
4. Xerri
5. Kiraz
Better balance. Critta in front line for defence. Wilson came to us as a FB/Wing.
It's the logical choice, if you buy in to the old adage " You don't weaken a strength,to strengthen a weakness"